What are you currently watching?

@midknightmoodz

I was watching a Chinese Cinderella story (not here). Yes, another one. At the beginning, I loved the couple’s chemistry and all, but her little girl way of ‘‘dressing’’ and tone of her voice, got to me so bad that I just dropped it. I felt sick to my stomach to see these grown a** women talking like they are little girls with pony tails in their hair, like if they are a pre-k child, doing some scenes (S*X), and it was such an uncomfortable/sickening thing to watch that it made me feel nauseous. I feel only pedophiles can enjoy those kinds of abnormal scene. I just can’t.

2 Likes

I spent the day in bed, not feeling well, and started bingeing this on a whim. Given its age, I was happy to discover that its production quality and storyline did not feel terribly outdated. I admit, I ended up skipping a fair bit of the story revolving around the secondary FLs and a lot of the sismance moments, although one of the FL’s friends gave some really great advice throughout. It’s always so refreshing when the friends give good advice rather than spewing nonsense. If I had been feeling better, I may have had more patience to watch those parts, but I was so invested in Kim Bum’s character and his story with the FL, as well as his mom. (But let’s not talk about his hair - one part of the drama that did not age well :smile: ) I liked that the three leading ladies were not written in cliche ways, so that even the one who was somewhat desperate to get married still valued her individual self worth and the one who had sworn off marriage completely still understood the value of love and gave advice to her friends accordingly. Overall, this was a pleasant surprise.

3 Likes

Anyone else in love with Jang Geun Suk?

He was also in “Love Rain”, “Switch” and “The Royal Gambler”. For some reason I couldn’t copy those links to here.

3 Likes

https://www1.dramacool.f[/spoiler]o/dear-doctor-im-coming-for-soul-2022-episode-3.html[spoiler]This text will be blurred

really quite a good one, almost like our ghost doctor, but not a ghost,and the one on NF , not Black, Devils punisher, and incredible counters.

Just a couple days ago I mentioned a drama in which the FL’s best friend gave refreshingly good love advice, but this drama is an example of what I have become accustomed to: friends giving terrible advice and being a hindrance to a relationship rather than a help. It’s one of my pet peeves of dramas.

The two leads, along with the FL’s family, and the really lovely OST made this one worth the watch. Oh, and the really cute ‘epilogue’ scenes at the end of most of the episodes.

3 Likes

You guys won’t believe this, but the girl from DRAMAWORLD LIV HEWSON IS ON A SERIES on Disney Plus titled: INHUMAN which is a fantastic series by the way. Wish we could see it here, too.

1 Like

I used to! :heart_eyes: I played a lot his old songs on YT and printed out lyrics for the song Hello Hello from Marry Me Mary, and have you watched Pretty Man, Beethoven Virus and Hwangjini (as a teenie with Ha Ji Won), there is or was also a movie, he played in a band. He’s a versatile artist and hopefully we’ll see him on screen again soon.

2 Likes

started watching our blues on NF, first episode, so-so, but hopefull it will get better

and the other one is tomorrow, another grim reaper one

just started this today

dear doctor I am coming for soul,

kinda remindes me of the ghost doctor, but he isn’t a ghost, also uncanny counter
. p/s devils punisher,
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

blue whisperer

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

lady in butchers house, first episode was funny

maybe this will last me for awhile

4 Likes

This is a mini-series 8 episodes only 20-28 minutes. To think he got married to Park Shin Hye and it looks like he’ll be a DAD in a few short months. Congratulations is in order!

I started watching “Our Blues” on NFLX as well. The cast of characters are amazing, with Lee Byung-hun, Shin Min-a, Kim Woo-bin, Han Ji-min, etc.! I see a great potential.

6 Likes

yes forgot to put that one on, I did like the first episode, loved the actors too!

3 Likes

I saw the trailer and was so surprised to see all the cast members :smile:

4 Likes

I know, right? It’s like a gathering of the best of the best. So many of my favorites…

5 Likes

Have you alos looked at “My Liberation Notes”?

2 Likes

Looks like another good one. It’s a shame that Viki wasn’t able to secure some of these gems.

4 Likes

Lately, I feel we just get the ‘‘rejects’’ here at RViki. I’m so glad I have NTFX bc if not, I feel I wouldn’t have much to watch here. I am going to try [AGAIN MY LIFE] just for the ML; hope the story plot is as good as [Flower Of Evil]. I wasn’t too thrilled with [Lawless Lawyer] I watched this one after [FOE] and not before so maybe that was the reason.

1 Like

I just finished it and I agree with you! I loved the story and the acting.

Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I actually enjoyed the ending and the post credit scene too :blush:.
I don’t know what the comments about this series are and I don’t think I’ll look at them.
I’m just glad I got to watch this :smile:.

4 Likes

I personally applaud the writer for not pandering to the popular demand for a predictable happy ending.

1 Like

I think I have watched more drama over the last couple weeks than I have for the previous 3-4 months combined. In the recent days, I have watched:

This was a bit hard to get into because it takes the unfairness between the have’s and have not’s in an elite high school to the extreme for a couple episodes, but since it is only 12 episodes, I decided not to give up. I enjoyed it for the most part, though it was a little tough seeing my Chae Soo Bin playing a villainess.

Also:

I really enjoyed the cast in this one.

Lastly, the final episode of Thailand F4 dropped, so I was able to finish up that series.

3 Likes

feyfayer I am getting there, I do like it!! p/s here, don’t look at the comments, I also am learning that one too. if you cant say anything good dont say anything at all!!

1 Like