What are you currently watching?

Yay, it’s on my list, so I’m happy ppl are recommending it :blush:

2 Likes

I was so impressed with it that I just texted my kids away at colleges to watch it when they have some free time.

4 Likes

Really? The comments are all extremely sad or angry… not just because it was a sad ending but because they didn’t seem to get closure and the ending was too rushed, and “the writers did Yi Jin dirty”. I scrolled a long way but didn’t see anyone happy with the ending, except those who said they would “still love it because it was a beautiful journey”.

2 Likes

If you are simply looking for a sweet and simple romance with a cliche happy ending, I suppose the show may not be satisfying. However, this show explored friendship, family, and love, in far more ways than the typical K-dramas, and for this reason, I absolutely loved it.

6 Likes

The Silent sea

2 Likes

This was obvious from the beginning, so that no one had to be sad at the end. Even though I found it a pity …

2 Likes

This is not one to start if you have any deadlines coming up. I had so much to do the week I watched this. Did that stop me from staying up until 4am and devouring it in a few days? :rofl: Such a good drama, the leads are some of my favorite Chinese actors.

4 Likes

Pachinko; I’m caught up through episode 4. I think this is an 8 episode drama. It’s been pretty decent so far although (IMO), LMH’s character is kind of a dirt ball. It’s available through Apple+.

Update: Finished this series. It was actually pretty good. Hansu (Minho’s character) redeemed himself to a certain degree so by the last episode, I didn’t think he was such a cad. The ending was a bit confusing though as you don’t find out what happened to Hansu and his son Noa. Hansu meets his 7-yr-old son in the street and has a nice chat with him and that’s the last you see of them. In episode 7 or 8, it is hinted that something happened to Noa that didn’t sound positive. I’m guessing the details were in the book but they couldn’t include them in the series because of time limitations.
Update #2: My research says Apple+ is going to bring us a season 2 of Pachinko. Perhaps we will find out what happened to Noa?

3 Likes

I just finished watching the 2006 drama Someday, starring Bae Doo Na, Lee Jin Wook, Kim Min Joon, and Oh Yoon Ah. Although slow paced, the plot was engaging and the acting was top notch. Although the plot may seem overused now–a girl who doesn’t know what love is meets a guy who supposedly knows all about love–something about the drama felt refreshingly different from newer dramas. Of course, I may be biased since I’ve been avoiding newer dramas and instead have been exploring older ones.

2 Likes

Today I finished watching Some day or one day. It is a great drama, that requires your full attention because there is so much going on and there are many symbols and details that you can easily overlook. I also loved the songs. Although there are only 3, they all perfectly fit the series. I think this is a drama that you can watch again after some time and it will still be beautful.

Unfortunately, I got distracted a few times and I have some questions about things that happened in the story. Can someone who watched the show explain these to me?

Don’t look at the text below if you haven’t watched it yet, because it contains major spoilers

Summary

In the first few episodes where HYX thinks she sees her boyfriend, is that Li Zi Wei or Wang Quan Sheng?
LZW gets the car accident in 2003, time travels to 2010 and becomes WQS. Then WQS lives until 2017 before he disappears with the plane crash, right? Then where does WQS go after 2017? Does he travel back to 2003 and become LZW? And how could LZW & WQS both meet at the airport? Also, the guy with the bad leg, is he LZW or WQS?
At the end of episode 11, Chen Yun Ru gets aware of HYX and HYX gets trapped inside CYR’s head or mind. How does that happen?

2 Likes

Spoilers ahead:

Summary

As far as I remember, the original Wang Quan Sheng is gay, so Li Zi Wei, who replaces him, is Wang Quan Sheng from the beginning. Huang Yu Hsuan only learns later that her entire present is already determined by her time travel.
That is why Li Zi Wei no longer remembers her when everything has been put back in order.
Li Zi Wei exists twice, the real one who is much older than Yu Hsuan, with a broken leg from the accident, and his younger self as Wang Quan Sheng.

3 Likes

I have watched this with my dad in December and we really enjoyed it!

2 Likes

I binged the whole thing. It was an interesting watch :blush:

It did leave me with some questions though :laughing:

2 Likes

Just finished:
https://www.viki.com/tv/37358c-falling-into-your-smile

I have to say that it surprised me in a good way, I wasn’t expecting so much, I just wanted to watch a cute story but it was just great. I have never watched Xu Kai acting and he was great, I love him!!
maxresdefault

All the cast is great, I love the other team members, they are just hilarious!!

pfemme2-anzovina

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/JmP3Ik79zgc?&ab_channel=KnightWorld

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiMq2CKrQjM&ab_channel=YOUKUEnglish

3 Likes

Totally! It was kind of different, like everything my dad wants to watch with me lol but it was interesting and good

2 Likes

I’m gonna watch it because I know you have great taste in dramas. I mentally prepared myself IF there are sad parts.

Thanks for the recommendation. The dramas here lately are too young, too romantic, too ‘‘mushy’’ for my taste. When they are supernatural or crime theme; they go to the extremes in the scenes with the brutality in them, and is hard to handle because some are even involving young children!

2 Likes

it is on my list

1 Like

Someone in some thread here mentioned Perfect and Casual so, of course, I had to check it out. This is just me but I am so annoyed at the FL and her whining, especially during the first few episodes. UGH! IMO, the way she speaks her native tongue when she is in one of her ‘whine modes’ drives me crazy. I’m not fond of actors who mumble their lines, I guess. (I will cut her some slack and say that she is playing a college student, but still…). I’d like to think that I am not judgmental and can usually accept most dramas even if there are huge holes in the plot, etc., but the way the director is having the FL act/deliver her lines is almost too much for this kid (me). :wink:
I’m going to try to gut it out and get through it primarily because I really like the ML, Miles Wei.

Edit: I am seriously going to have a VERY difficult time getting through this one. I really, really don’t like the FL. She acts like a bimbo, talks like she’s got a mouthful of cottage cheese, is the queen of whiners, etc., etc., etc. I think I could handle this drama a little better with a different actress? I would like to think I’m not shallow but this chick is not doing it for me as far as being an appropriate match for the ML. She is portraying her character as extremely immature but of course the director and writer(s) should get some credit for that too. I would not recommend this drama to anyone and will be sure NOT to watch anything else she appears in. It is painful to watch her.

5 Likes

I hate that too when writers makes the fl sound like a toddler. They think it’s “cute and adorable” for a fl to be whiny but it comes off cringey. Miles Wei made the drama tolerable. It’s the only drama of his that I can finish. lol

5 Likes

I’m watching

People compare it to Twenty-Five Twenty-One and A Business Proposal saying it’s not that good and that it has lower ratings but I really like it.

That pillow fight :rofl::rofl:
https://youtu.be/KtIqBfH83Pg

2 Likes