What are you currently watching?

@frustratedwriter

You didn’t watched [EMPRESS KI] @frustratedwriter bc you can not watch that drama, and forget about it…ever. It had a great combination of good or bad actors/actress, and the story was a combination of so many great things/scenes combined together so well that as long as the drama is available, I watched it 3 times already.

3 Likes

If you are a Wookie fan, this one is a must. At least according to little ole me (and probably @vivi_1485 too).

4 Likes

these two are so similar. but I do like both

I really hope this one this gets better
but love the actors!

I wanted to re-watch this one.

rewatch this one too, don’t think I ever finished it!

I am so seriously thinking of watching this one again, even after rumors and such, that guy is a good actor, and sure hate it when that scandle came about. I did like this drama, and of course the others he played in.

this one too

I was looking for the other 2, but not able to find them

wonder if he will ever come back to acting?

found one of them!

I finished watching thias one

this was so neat! and course too short, the last piece of video, remember Thomas in Missing, the 0ther side? how he looked at the camera and left, well this guy had the same look! oh, he didn’t disappear or anything, that was the last of the episode!

what got me, the questions in this last episode, really got to me, even at my “young” age

whats your dream, is one, there were more, but don’t want to put any more spoilers on here. I really believe y’all will like this one

1 Like

His new drama is The Sound of Magic
I’m curious to see what his character will be like in this one.

3 Likes

It looks like a fantasy theme. Very interesting! Something new for him.

Reminds me of Willy Wonka for some reason. I wonder if that was the inspiration.

4 Likes

Is Viki watching Pachinko? :face_with_hand_over_mouth: If so, how? :thinking:
Screenshot_20220414-024736_Chrome Screenshot_20220414-024820_Chrome

3 Likes

I’m watching it on AppleTV+. I think that is the only place it is available right now unless you are able to find a ‘wild’ feed/stream. They release a new episode every Friday. I have watched 5 of the 8 eps so far. It’s pretty decent.

3 Likes

:laughing: :smile: Viki tweeting about their loving it, is kind of odd, seeing they don’t have it here on the site, or app. :joy:

7 Likes

I’m not watching anything right now. Watching movies hurts my eyes

1 Like

Maybe they want to see our reaction to see if they should bring it to Viki? :thinking:

2 Likes

:joy::rofl: Doubt it, but that was a good try! :joy: :wink:

2 Likes

I am watching this one…

3 Likes

Lol. Apple TV would NEVER give up the rights to the show

Viki just seems happy-go-lucky and resigned to their fate, at this point. Soompi is in their family but half the shows they write about aren’t even on Viki. “Share the love of Asian dramas. Doesn’t matter whether we get money out of it or not~~” :joy::joy:

3 Likes

Maybe even more than half. It’s so strange.

3 Likes

@my_happy_place

All this stream services, and even Soompi for that matter are owned by the same ‘‘group’’ of people in merging companies like NTFX/Rakuten/Soompi, etc, one way or the other, they share the love. They can’t compete against each other, so they each do their part in promoting each other, by playing they are not ‘‘connected.’’

1 Like

I think they’ve decided to remain separate. If the drama is on Viki, they’ll add a link. If not, they still report about it because they’re a news website bringing Asian entertainment news to international fans.

It’s actually really good of them to do that, because Soompi is one of the(if not THE) most trusted website for Asian entertainment news. They don’t indulge much in gossip but usually just report news as it is, translated from the original language. They’ve earned my trust that way. And if they only wrote about Viki dramas, it would decrease the reach and impact they have, since licenses aren’t in their control. I like their approach - if it’s popular, they write about it and recommend it. Many of their article writers are fans(check the quiz and recc articles).

1 Like

I get it from that perspective. Believe me, I check Soompi daily. It’s like my morning newspaper. :newspaper::smile:

3 Likes

I believe you. I’m addicted to it myself :joy:

3 Likes

I image

I have been watching this, and oh my goodness this last episode is a tear-jerker for sure, was so good! episode 5&6, NF

the other one ,here on Viki

I just finished episode 1, its really good!

the episodes are awesome!! just finished another one. and really good

3 Likes

I completed a binge of this over the weekend. I have to say that this basically falls into my ideal scenario as far as romances go: A fairly slow burn but one in which the main pairing form a bond early on and spend the whole drama working together towards a common goal, and the obstacles along the way feel natural to the story and do not rely on old standbys like manipulative/vindictive exes/parents/second leads. I will ALWAYS appreciate this.

This does revolve around an E-sports team, with a fair bit of in-game action. While the animation for this game is really nice, I pretty much skip through most of those scenes. And I am always fascinated and aggravated by glimpses of just how much the world of the internet and its keyboard warriors can affect the real world.

This was an easy watch with lots of nice characters and a few good laughs.

3 Likes