What are you currently watching?

I must confess I started watching ‘lawless lawyer’ as well. I know it’s an slightly older drama now, but to be fair, I’m fairly new to the world of Kdrama . I only joined Viki in 2019. I still have a crazy amount of shows I want to watch

I’m committing the cardinal sin of watching it on Netflix, though, because it appeared in my Netflix suggestions and I’m getting annoyed with the various niggles that the continue watching function as on here. Viki really needs to work on the continue watching so that it functions in a similar way to other services.

5 Likes

I’m on episode 9 of She Would Never Know with Rowoon as the ML. It’s been pretty good so far. On another streaming service, sorry. It probably isn’t nice of me to mention a show that isn’t available here like I’m teasing you guys. :frowning:

5 Likes

Oh, I didn’t realize these were on youtube! Thanks for sharing!

I’ve watched the Japanese version from 2013/2014 and the Taiwanese version from 2016. And just a few parts of the Korean version. Looking forward to checking out the original Taiwanese version.

2 Likes

I was soooo happy when I found out it was on YT! Downloaded the entire S2 so i can watch whenever wherever however :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Can someone please tell me what happened at the end of “Liver or Die”? It kind of seemed to end abruptly with the family together and then the door bell ringing. Did I miss something (other than the scene that followed after the credits), but it seemed like something was missing there.

1 Like

I’ve now started watching’ lawless lawyer’ on Viki instead as I discovered how to get the continue watching function to behave itself. It seems the secret is to use Firefox instead of Google Chrome. You’ll probably have the same problems on any browser, which is chromium-based

@stardust2466_546 I’m thinking of watch ‘she would never know’ but I haven’t got round to it yet. Too much stuff to watch too little time

It’s on IQ.com if I remember correctly That’s where we folks in the UK can access it anyway. Not sure about other jurisdictions

3 Likes

I have had problems with the Continue Watching feature since last summer - I have fiddled with my cookies and logging in and out and still can’t get it to save my progress unless I use a tablet or phone to watch. But then if I watch things on eg Netflix, I don’t get timed comments and I end up lonely!! So right now I have ~5 tabs open to different viki dramas I started and am not sure I’ll finish, just because I don’t want to lose my place. #kdramaproblems !

Right now, while waiting for new episodes of Sh**ting Stars, I’m watching the Chinese drama “Love is Sweet” on Amazon Prime. It’s a good drama but I find myself missing timed comments SO MUCH! Especially when the FL makes this awful face whenever she takes a sip of what is supposed to be good wine. It’s a really good one though and I think Viki should pick it up (though maybe it’s available in some other region).

1 Like

I’m in the U.S. and that’s the service I’m using to watch it. Just a suggestion but in your post, you may wish to blur the website for this service as it may be construed that you are trying to promote it. :wink:

3 Likes

I’m currently watching Under My Skin, and Flower of Evil and I’m still watching dramas that are still uploading, like Plus and Minus, First Love, Again.

3 Likes

Just finished Reset

Bai jing Ting is one of my favorite Chinese actors, so I watch anything he’s in. I really liked the plot… its the second time feeling such thrills(though FOE still remains at the top when it comes to thrills, IMO).

In my observation, there are two broad categories of modern cdramas - the brightly colored, airbrushed, hyper-fluffy romcoms and the raw, high budget, realistic, gritty kind(stuff like Under the Skin and The Bond). I love both, depending on my mood, though I gravitate towards Category 1 most of the time. Category 2 takes a lot out of me when i watch.

Reset falls in Category 2. It’s a seriously good time loop drama. I had my heart in my mouth most of the time, regularly forgetting to breathe, feeling like I’m right there with the characters. They inserted just enough romance and comedy - very subtle - enough to make the drama feel complete while also not shifting the main focus. The main leads were amazing, and the villain… oh my goodness she was sooo good at making me hate her. Literally evil, even with the back story.

9/10. Recommended when you want to watch something gripping in between fluff shots lol

4 Likes

I agree that Reset was really good. Well written, well filmed, well acted, and unlike so many Cdramas it was well paced and just the right length. An enjoyable and thrilling ride all around.

3 Likes

@oriya I DIDNT MEAN TO REPLY TO YOU IM SORRY

I can see how it might be viewed that way. It has been altered so that it’s blurred out. The forum created the hyperlink on its own though all I did was type the text . Thanks for pointing it out @stardust2466_546 :grinning: now I know that the forum software does that I can be a bit more careful most forum software will only do that if you type a full web address starting with www.

There are different ways of viewing links to other services. When talking about particular shows that aren’t on here. I see providing links to other services as promoting the consumption of content via legitimate means. That’s far better than the alternative isn’t it.

3 Likes

I just got finished watching Twenty and it was so stupid it’ll make you laugh. I’ll def recommend it to people who like a goofy laugh every now and then.

Not really. We’ve almost stopped needing www. these days. Innmy experience, both whatsapp and instagram create links just with .com

I know that different systems work in slightly different ways

The trouble with systems being overly smart these days is that things are often done, which the user does not intend and half the time there’s no easy way to tell the system ‘no, I don’t want you to do this’. Systems that try to be overly smart end up being rather dumb in most cases , I think we need to take a step back and start giving more control back to the user a middle ground needs to be found

There is another streaming service. I use which has a user forum based on software called ‘lithium’ which will not create links automatically based on the use of .com You have to put pretty much a full web address starting with either http:// or www. simply typing something ending in .com wouldn’t cause a link to be created

It’s okay :grin: No worries

1 Like

I’ve now finished watching ‘lawless lawyer’ I’m already watching ‘again my life’ and quite recently finished watching ‘search’ does anybody have any recommendations for what I should watch next as you can probably tell I like crime/mystery, thriller and action dramas :grin:

2 Likes

As @aznative said 14 days ago, I also really recommend this drama. Under the Skin, I’m currently watching it and it doesn’t fail to keep me entertained.

4 Likes

Have you seen ‘Tunnel’? I would also recommend ‘The Good Detective’, but that is not found on Viki but on Netflix.

2 Likes