What are you currently watching?

I haven’t watched any of previous works and don’t really plan on doing so, because most of them don’t have good reviews and ratings. A lot of people have a negative opinion of him because of his Cheese in the Trap character, so I’m definitely not watching that. I actually started watching FNOS for the FL, Jin Ki Joo. Park Hae Jin surprised me. He’s really, really good… had another mental breakdown after I found out he was 39 :see_no_evil: My list of ahjussi loves is just getting longer and longer :joy:

His physical comedy, dialogue delivery and chemistry with JKJ and the rest of the cast is just so GOOD. The type who makes a fool of himself while still being totally cool and classy :joy: I really hate myself for watching it on air because I’m DYING for more

4 Likes

No, worries … East of Eden was quite the rollercoaster for my emotions, since they turned the character of the ML pretty much around and well it didn’t feel that good, at least to me. There was much drama in there, and it probably will look outdated. As for his other works, there were those I couldn’t stand and dropped, or even didn’t dare to touch - like Doctor Stranger and Cheese in a Trap. Others I watched, but his role was not that big like My Daughter Seo Young or My Love From the Stars, many others no access. So Forest is the only one I got to finish.
On air watching isn’t good for my piece of mind either, but starting next week I might get weak …

3 Likes

It is such a treat when I find an actor/actress who can communicate volumes without using words. As you pointed out, having to rely on subs makes it harder to spot, but I feel like I’ve gotten so much better at visualizing the whole screen even while reading the subs, so I don’t miss too much, and I am never afraid to rewind and rewatch just to see what the actors are doing, especially if I feel like a specific scene is really important.

5 Likes

This one isn’t available yet, but I am planning to watch it. From the trailer it seems it might have quite a bit to it. I know quite a lot of people have been waiting for it to become available, because it’s been delayed the show. I’m talking about is of course…

The first episode should be available in 24 days time, according to the system

1 Like

Salut,
Je viens de commencer " Again My Life"
Je ne suis pas très fan des histoires politiques mais c’est quand même sympa à regarder.

1 Like

Oops, yes I did watch My Love from the Star, but I have selective amnesia - I have literally ZERO memory of seeing him there, so it’s like I haven’t seen him at all :sweat_smile: I really can’t believe that I’ve wiped the whole drama completely out of my mind… I remember not liking it, but I didn’t expect my brain to just forget it :joy::joy: I remember some parts with the ML and FL but the rest of the cast is just a big blank space

4 Likes

Thanks for the recommendation! I started this one, got about halfway through the first episode, and couldn’t figure out what the heck I was watching. Sounds like it’s worth sticking with! So far the musical aspect in what seems like a fairly dark drama–kind of Heirs-esque, with the high school bullying/money issues aspect–is just totally throwing me off.

Right now I’m watching Sh**ting Stars as it comes out, so is everybody else on earth from the looks of all the subtitle complaining within 3 hours of it posting… and powering through Master of My Own. This is a C-drama with 7 Tan and Lin Gengxin (from “My Bargain Queen”). So far the ML is really over the top odiously written, but the acting is great. It’s a slower paced drama but I’m enjoying it so far, though they really need to redeem the ML quickly because he’s snipey and just mean even halfway through the drama. Like, not misunderstanding mean when they seem mean but they’re really helping the FL, but he says things that are just flat out nasty.

Still, I’m a big fan of everything 7 Tan does and there could just be a drama in which she cleans her house and I would watch it.

3 Likes

Thanks for the review. I’ve been trying to find reviews comparing SOM to FNOS because I really really like FNOS, but I guess SOM isn’t my genre.

1 Like

brick out, do stick with it**, you really won’t be disappointed**, yeah music, bullying and all!! not really a dark drama, its more mystery than anything. and if you are disappointed you can hit me with a damp noodle!!!

2 Likes

So I started watching the first two available episodes of Woori the Virgin which I found to be pretty darned entertaining. Of course, I had to then check out Jane the Virgin, the U.S. version of this romcom. OMG! It is so funny, especially the narrator! I had avoided watching the U.S. version simply because it didn’t seem that interesting to me. Boy, was I wrong!

3 Likes

Please update when the series progresses further if you don’t mind. I’ve only seen snippets here and there and it seems entertaining. I’ve heard about the American show but never tuned in or know anything about it.

I mostly want to know if there’s a HEA where she ends up with someone. That way I’m not rooting for the wrong guy. LOL

3 Likes

Acc to various sources, Sung Hoon is the ML(the one who got her pregnant)

Edit: however, the original has more than two seasons and she pings back and forth with the two guys until the end of S2, where she marries her longtime boyfriend.

Since Woori the Virgin seems to be a single season show, we’ll have to see how SK remakes it.

2 Likes

That is correct. The pregnancy is the result of a mistaken/bungled AI procedure.

Summary

The ML (Sung Hoon) has had cancer which is now in remission but because of the cancer treatments, he is also now sterile. He had the forethought to have his sperm frozen prior to the treatments. His marriage is in trouble (he’s asked for a divorce) so his wife makes a ‘Hail Mary’ effort to get pregnant using his frozen sperm. The OB/GYN who does the insemination is the ML’s sister and she’s so upset about her relationship breaking up, that she accidentally inseminates Woori (who is in for a simple gynecological checkup). It’s a huge comedy (? some may not view this turn of events as comedic) of errors. The premise of the show is that Woori has taken a vow of chastity (until she marries) through the Catholic church so there is NO WAY she can be pregnant!

2 Likes

Oh ok. I’ll wait and see how they wrap this up. I’m not in a hurry to watch it. I’m a fan of Im Soo Hyang. I mainly want to watch this for her.

3 Likes

Thinking of giving it a pass… The summary sends warning bells ringing all over my brain - Just can’t stand yo-yo dramas

2 Likes

heres one for y’all, remember Agatha Christi’s novels, Hercule Poirot(, and excuse if it isn’t spelled right), and even a taste o’ sherlock holmes?? I found one this morning, and I have to admit, I didn’t think it would be good, but I am soooo wrong, and cant wait to get back into this drama, this kinda sides with the novels I just described. and funny how the kid shows up the cops

, um hope I didn’t say too much there, but here it is

so from “a sound of magic” to this

1 Like

Oooohh I saw that on Netflix and I was wondering what it was rlly about before wasting my time, now I want to watch it :laughing: thank you

2 Likes

I hope you like it. ^-^
It’s slow paced but in a good way.

2 Likes

Time seems to be CRAWLING :sob::sob::sob: I can’t wait for From Now On, Showtime! And I can’t even do any productive work while I wait… I’ve been rewatching my favorite parts, passing time in a half-dead state, waiting for Ep 7 to drop :sob: why oh why do I choose to torment myself like thisss??

3 Likes

Y’all! I just discovered something on MDL! (yes, blame my desperate-for-FNOS-self. I become an MDL stalker every time this kicks in lol)

You can create a widget on MDL for your currently watching dramas/ All/ completed/dropped dramas to stick on your Viki profile page!
It’s in Settings>Widgets. You can customize it and then copy the code MDL generates. Then go to your Viki About Me page source code and paste it wherever you want. Mine looks like this now:
https://www.viki.com/users/vivi_1485/about

I played around with it, and it doesn’t seem to update it when you update your list on MDL. But it’s still a fun function! :sweat_smile:

4 Likes