What are you currently watching?

I have two more episodes to go, what an awesome drama!! Tomorrow

Its been a long time since I have watched Pinocchio, might be a good idea to watch again.

2 Likes

found another one to watch; pinocchio, along with my list, almost finished with Tomorrow, gotta wait till the weekend to do that, and the rest slow but sure, will finish them soon.

1 Like

Would I be responsible for you finding Pinocchio by any chance @frustratedwriter ?

If you have too many dramas to watch you can blame me :smile:

My apologies if the formatting of this post seems a bit off. I’m trying to reply on my tablet and I’m very quickly finding out that the forum doesn’t like tablets very much :confused:

Edit
I just realised you have seen Pinocchio that will teach me to browse the Forum on a tablet I miss things when I do that :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I have had this on my watch list forever. First, the cast is full of actors I like. Second, it showed up on several recommendation lists and had decent reviews when I first looked into it. Unfortunately, this one had to wait a while, mostly until I finally got a Viki pass, but then just due to various other things. And at this point, I think I have moved on from this genre. There was a time when I would have watched it, probably with my teeth gritted, and finished it no matter what. I decided to watch the first episode, just to see if anything about it caught my attention, but it really didn’t. So, unless someone here gives me a really good reason to finish, this one is going in my dropped folder. I have a whole Viki collection of dramas I wanted to watch but couldn’t at the time because I had yet to purchase my pass. I am currently trying to work my way through this list, but I think a lot of the dramas I put in there way back when will suffer the same fate as this one. Time and experience have honed my taste in dramas, and while some still make the cut, many of them probably won’t.

1 Like

The synopsis sounded familiar and it looks like it is indeed a Korean version of Hana Kimi, which I watched pretty recently. I can’t check out To The Beautiful You because it’s not available in my region, but I enjoyed the J-drama original… but it is DEFINITELY a little bit dated, about Hana Yori Dango (Boys Over Flowers) era, maybe? In fact I want to say the male lead plays Rui in BOF. The jdrama was fun if you can suspend disbelief and just roll with it. So many good actors in the Japanese version.

3 Likes

I hear ya, Happy. I’m not so much into the H.S. drama scene any longer either. This wouldn’t be my first choice to watch although it is rated decently (9.3).

2 Likes

blaming you! heh heh, I haven’t started watching it yet, wanted to finish up a couple that I have just a couple of episodes to watch. hey no problem, I wanted to find some dramas again no blood & gore, so this is exactly what I want to watch

2 Likes

I am just going to finish up what I have and start fresh next week

I love seeing all the From Now On Showtime posts ^^ That’s also what I’m currently watching & enjoying the most. I love the story & the characters & everything.

Besides that I’m watching Sh**ting Stars, which I like a lot too. And on a certain other streaming platform Man to Man, because I need more Park Hae Jin in my life.

3 Likes

Yess im planning to watch Man to Man for PHJ too! I started watching Forest but the FL was wearing me out wih her unprofessionalism so I had to give it up…

1 Like

I loooooved Forest! But yeah, I could see why the FL would wear you out. She does get better, I really liked her in the end.

2 Likes

Well if you did… I might give it another try :sweat_smile:

Currently rewatching Suspicious Partner for the… ive lost count of the number of times I’ve watched it. I just love it soooo much. Wookie at his peak. His character was soooo well-done, both by the writers and by the actor. His microexpressions, glances, actions, chemistry with the rest of the cast… just amazing. Keeps you laughing throughout, even in court :joy: Don’t care what anyone else says, I loved Nam Ji Hyun as the FL. Sure, they could have done better with her hair, but its her character that mattered most to me and she was awesome. Watching JCW light up the screen like that… all i can think is 아쉬워 🥲

3 Likes

OMG, I am dying with laughter watching Ep. 9 (bowling scene) of "From Now On, Showtime!":rofl:

1 Like

gotta catch up on from now on showtime, yeah l love it!

now on to what I want to say, just finished TOMORROW, awesome finish! and if I can say, still almost like Incredible counter. would love to see more dramas like that, yeah Black was a good one too, you just had to pay attention to that one, twists and turns there, confusion. but back to Tomorrow, if you haven’t seen it, its a must see. still got to watch Pinocchio and the rest on my list.

1 Like

Just a heads up if you’re in the US, Man to Man is leaving NF on June 9th.

3 Likes

oh wow thanks! I have wanted to rewatch that one! I will do it this week then ,

UK as well. Thanks for the heads up!

1 Like

Watched Romance is a Bonus Book this weekend. Honestly, I cannot see what all the hype was about. I would not re-watch this drama. I would just say it was okay in my book. The ML (Lee Jong-suk) was cute (I’ve seen him in Hymn of Death and he was great in that drama!), FL attractive. I don’t know…it just didn’t do it for me. I know it bothered me that she only spoke with her 12 yr old daughter twice in this series and one of those times, the girl called her mother. But I suppose the writer(s) opted to concentrate more on her getting her career back on track and finding a new romance. IDK, I wasn’t impressed.
(Wickipedia)

5 Likes

My Liberation Notes; this one is a real gem. Eps 13 and 14 really tugged at my heartstrings. If you have the streaming service NF, I would strongly recommend this one. Last two episodes are this coming weekend, May 28th and 29th. You will fall in love with the quiet yet expressive (with his eyes and facial expressions) Mr. Gu, guaranteed.

7 Likes

I enjoyed Romance is a Bonus Book, but I wouldn’t call it particularly memorable. Some dramas just burrow in and shake you up and you still remember how you felt watching them a year or two later, and then others are fun to watch but kind of blend together into trope soup–and Romance was the latter for me.

4 Likes