What are you currently watching?

I had the same experience with RiaBB - I didn’t hate it, but I didn’t particularly like it. It was okay.

And MLN is excellent. I hadn’t originally planned to watch it, but several people were gushing about it, so I gave it a try. Sure enough, I was sucked in.

I love your description. It’s so accurate and gave me a chuckle.

2 Likes

first two episodes are quite good.

those actors look so young!!

a standoffish guy!!

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

love a good mystery

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I have looked and looked, I know I have seen that dr Qin somewhere else but I am not able to find the drama, yeah I looked on MDL, but nothing there. so has anyone seen him ??

Just finished:
The oath of love
https://www.viki.com/tv/36966c-the-oath-of-love

They are such a sweet couple. I just love this story, it makes me feel so envious but I can handle it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
x720

I really appreciate the little diary they made as an epilogue, it was so sweet.

Just started:
Finally!!! Business proposal and I’m loving it!!!
https://mydramalist.com/693591-in-house-confrontation

QwwpY_3f

4 Likes

oh my goodness! I caught this on the “coming soon” link here, so excited!!

looks like they need a channel manager, so come on someone!

2 Likes

I felt the same way too. I finished it but have no desire to rewatch any parts of it.

1 Like

Maybe Dr. Jin, Japanese version, is no longer at Viki.

The Korean is one I dropped

Some seem to have access, not Europe though.

1 Like

maybe it was dr Jin, I was thinking about. ok thanks, guess I will check it out and see then

I totally agree! Hadn’t watched something so fun and sweet in a long time! I’ll scream it with you!!!:heart:

2 Likes

So is “Medical Examiner Dr. Qin: The Mindreader” a prequel to “Medical Examiner Dr Qin”? I loved the original Dr. Qin but never bothered hunting down the second season because the cast totally changed, and this looks like another new cast altogether? It mentions Dr. Qin is a grad student in the synopsis, which is what makes me think prequel.

All I want is more episodes with the original 3, they had such amazing chemistry. One of those dramas you really want to have a romance plot even when it doesn’t.

2 Likes

Yayyy! We should all try doing a watch party sometime!

2 Likes

I have talked about this before but I just finished watching Reborn. I loved it. I saw it on Tubi. I heard there is another one called Be Reborn. I would want to watch it!

I just started this one! Love the actors and actresses in it so far.

and

2 Likes

Of course I’ve got to watch this one! It’s from my favorite Korean screenwriter and the second in the trilogy of ‘Lovers’ dramas. Lovers in Prague. It’s a respectable K-drama with the usual tropes. Sadly, the ML, Kim Joo Hyuk, died in a car accident in 2017.

2 Likes

I’m watching this older show called Reply 1994. I’ve seen Reply 1997 a couple of years ago, but Reply 1994 was restricted in my region, and last year it has become available. I’m loving the series.

The drama is about friendship, family, romance. Day to day stuff, that is happening in the timespan of a few years. You also get to see a little bit of history of South Korea (like the beepers/ phones and the dramas they watch at their television (a small screen and a large part behind the screen). This all is brought with a lot of humor (and also a little bit of sadness sometimes).

5 Likes

I’ve noticed (and you probably have as well) that Viki is bringing back a lot of the older K-dramas. I appreciate that because I’ve wanted to watch them (some are considered classics) but they weren’t available anywhere. Kudos to Viki!

4 Likes

It feels as it is only for the Americas.

3 Likes

:frowning: I didn’t notice that. Bummer for anyone outside of the licensing area.

2 Likes

Just finished
Business proposal

I just love this one, it has everything and they are so handsome. I’m not going to write a review cause I’m not so good at it and my fellows in here already did a great job about it. I’m just going to say that I love it.

https://mydramalist.com/693591-in-house-confrontation

business-proposal

business-proposal-drama-business-proposal

Cyberhell

I was just curious about it, and it surprises me. I mean I’m always surprised about that kind of reality and the bad experiences of some people, I don’t know how to handle that. I totally agree when they say that these things happen because of the consumers, not sure maybe I’m too naive for that.

https://mydramalist.com/726263-cyber-hell-exposing-an-internet-horror

Cyber-Hell-Exposing-an-Internet-Horror

Just started
The love equations

https://www.viki.com/tv/36955c-the-love-equations?qId=ca7f484f6e359da18a8a93eeb598d5c9

2 Likes

Yes, moved from the US to UK last summer and I definitely noticed the sharp drop-off in Viki dramas! There’s no viki plus here, which took me surprisingly long to notice and downgrade my membership. However, one thing I’ve noticed is that the local large streaming service that starts with N has -way- more classic kdramas than the US. So for me it balances out, but the extra viki dramas have me looking forward to returning to the US.

3 Likes

That’s good to know. I watched the first episode on another site, but it was blocked from episode 2. Now I can watch it here and complete the Reply Series :slight_smile:

1 Like

ok my experiment, I followed directions, so I am doing aq Watch party

the love equation, I may be a bit early, but here goes, I am eastern standard time, I know there’s different timelines and all, sorry I am not a night person, so I thought 1 PM would be a good time, eastern time. and this is one I haven’t watched, I am thinking daily, not sure if that would be helpful, I know y’all are busy and all, so if nothing else give me some advice, this is a newbie here

1 Like