What are you currently watching?

For some reason (I don’t know why) I can’t give the show a rating.

1 Like

I’ll join if I can! Make a topic about this and post it so more people will see it :slight_smile:

1 Like

1;pm eastern, I hope this works!! watch party

1 Like

well this one isn’t on yet but going to rewatch, this is a very good drama

now I am not able to watch, restricted in my area, so how do I unrestrict it, I did request the drama, hopefully that will help

I went on a bit of a Jdrama trip over the last couple days. I think we all know that Jdramas have their own kind of … shall we call is ‘flare’? Sometimes I can swallow it and sometimes I can’t. The first two in this group were only 4 episodes each, so I figured even if they were terrible, I wouldn’t feel like i wasted too much time. They both ended up entertaining me, though, and that’s all I can ask, right?

I guess there is an associated movie with ‘Anitomo’ that I will probably watch at some point.

I saw some interesting discussion about this last one :point_down:t4:, so I went into it with an open mind. It definitely has some bizarre moments, but I ended up really liking the couple. Despite some of the cringy weirdness, they display some really strong relationship standards such as incredibly good communication between the two - right up there with the best you will find in dramaland, if I do say so myself.

2 Likes

Ahhhh the latest episode of From Now On Showtime!!
I have never seen such artistic, perfectly done blending of genres. Everything is just right. There’s not too much of one thing or too less of the other. Just when I thoight the writer had her hands full, juggling mystery, romance, comedy, horror, action, and fantasy… she brought the historical arc into focus!!

The buildup was done really well, and I couldn’t skip a second. The historical era cinematography and costumes were soooo pretty… and there was some cool VFX to top it all off. Serious respect to the entire production team and cast for pulling this off so smoothly. In the past life, in the present life, they work together towards helping humanity. And one thing remains the same - they love each other with everything they have.

In other news… i may have a serious disease. I’m watching ISWAK-TKA for the… fourth time. In two months. Back to back. It’s like I’ve been hypnotized. It’s far from my favorite show. I’ve seen way better. It’s old, the video qualoty isn’t the best, the show dows have huge flaws… but I just have an unexplainable love for it. I heard that a lot of the scenes were mostly improvization by the actors, so I guess that’s why it all feels so organic. I do skip the embarrassing parts, but I love the deveopment of the show.

2 Likes

I’m on the third episode now, it’s so weird, let’s see

3 Likes

The first few episodes are weird heavy. The weirdness level decreases over time, if you trust me enough to stick with it. :grin:

3 Likes

Yes, I trust in you, I’ll keep going :blush::wink:

3 Likes

Blue whisper

, ok y’all I was about not to watch this one, the first episode just about stopped me , even if its a story about a merman and why the brutality. but now on 4th episode and isn’t too bad. I really hope this does get better!

3 Likes

It’s on my watch list but I was waiting for someone else to start and give me an idea as to whether to take the ‘plunge’ (pun on the merman theme, hehehe) or not. Please let us know if you continue to watch and your opinion as you get further into this drama.

2 Likes

If you can get past episode one, it is quite good, it does change a lot. I do plan to stick with it. oh and a neat thing, I think they combined 1&2 seasons, I may be mistaken, but what I saw on MDL the seasons were short, like 24 or so. and who can bypass Allen Ren??

1 Like

I double-checked at MDL just now, and yes looks like they put it all on here as one show… on and on episode 8 now, it’s getting better. he gave her the pearl so now wonder what that means???

I hope y’all have gotten a chance to do the “watch party” anyway episode 9 is awesome, nope not gonna tell, you gotta watch it… and yes the pearl is a mystery… remember that other drama a couple of years ago? hated how it ended, but I now think I understand it a bit better due to watching this… (Starryy sea, starry sky??)

and of course its not available in my area
https://www.viki.com/search?q=starry%20night%20starry%20sea

@henry2blessing_888,

1 Like

I have watched my limit, It is an awesome drama, wish there were more like it

1 Like

this almost reminds me of whats the matter with secretary Kim

https://www.viki.com/videos/1194573v I hope this is going to be a goosd one

and still watching blue whisper, it has switched on me, don’t care much for it in this episode

finishing last two episodes on this one

and finishing up on this one as well

From Now On Showtime has four episodes left :wink:

1 Like

Are you still watching it? I rarely follow an on air drama, but I couldn’t stop myself from watching this one. Im Soo Hyang and Sung Hoon were just so nice to watch in the drama New Tales of Gisaeng, that’s why I was quite excited about tuning in. That and Shin Dong Wook in yet another drama, I am just happy for him that he could take up acting again.

There are so many writing harsh comments about the drama, I don’t join these opinions. I have not seen any of the older versions, so I can’t and at this point don’t want to compare either.

I just wondered if you still watch it?

2 Likes

Just started watching Eve. Wow.

Someone I’m Facebook friends with called it “risqué.” Hardly. It has a great amount of depth of feeling. Interesting to see the actor who played the good chaebol dad in Again My Life playing the bad chaebol dad in Eve. What an amazing actor he is!

The ML and FL are both well-matched, I think. I hope there is going to be back story for more than just the FL. People who cause pain usually have suffered themselves in awful ways, and I always want to know why the bad guys are so bad.

3 Likes

As often happens with me when I have to wait for episodes to be released, I moved on to (several) something else(s). I do intend to return and finish this up soon though. Another problem I encountered with this drama was SML syndrome (Sung Hoon). I loved him in My Secret Romance. I read in this forum that in the American version, Jane (Woori in the Korean version) marries her boyfriend so that took some of the thrill out of it for me. Of course, this version may be completely different.