What are you currently watching?

thanks about those dramas I mentioned, I admit I wasn’t too fond of cupids kitchen.

I think that Dine with love is going to do nicely

1 Like

Just finished my 100th drama. After weeks of agonizing over which drama this title should go to, I decided to go for a classic - Pinocchio, starring Lee Jong Suk and Park Shin Hye. LJS convinced me with his awesome character in WYWS, and though I couldn’t watch anything with PSH in it, I decided to take a dive to celebrate her wedding.

Except for LJS’ terrible high school hair in the very beginning(he gets a better hairstlye a few eps later, dont worry), the drama didnt feel outdated even though it’s from 2014. The plot was pretty tight and the acting was really wonderful. The cast was lovable, and it had the old kdrama charm. I loved how they brought different personalities together. There were so many lovable side characters and other characters who grew on me. It made me cry and laugh out loud and sit in disbelief over twists. There was some angsty drag in the middle, but overall, it’s a good classic. I liked how they used a character who can’t lie to strengthen the story. The two warring news companies were hilarious and thought provoking at the same time.

It was also fun to see so many actors ive seen in other dramas… especially the child actors. Nam Da Reum and Roh Jeong Eui were soooo small… they’ve really grown up in front of our eyes.

7 Likes

Just finished Our Blues.
I’m happy I watched this, as I enjoyed the drama.
Lot’s of sad scenes though. Just be warned :blush:

4 Likes

Dine With Love has a welcome lack of anxiety and a quality of sweetness that I enjoy. Though I am so tired of the ML playing the tortured romantic hero. And what plastic surgeon did his nose?

1 Like

Ok, here I go

JUST FINISHED
You are my spring

https://mydramalist.com/70879-you-are-my-spring

I totally loved this one, it’s so full of little details that make you think. I love all the processes the ML goes through showing us that you can be in the most difficult circumstances but in the end, you’re the one who makes the decision of being angry and bad to everyone or the opposite.
I know that it sounds easier than it is, but I just love this show. You can see how the main leads start healing together and that’s so cute.
It is indeed hard to accept someone with all that this person comes, so I really enjoyed this one.

I wanted to cry with all the twins’ story and all they have to get over, I would love a good ending for them too :tired_face:

:sob::sob::sob:

Something that I think it’s necessary, is to recognize that even a psychologist or a psychiatrist has their own problems and the necessity of healing too.

I think that the ML sometimes is too perfect, that’s why I loved how he dares to show his true self to her, even if sometimes was hilarious or dumb, or even so different from the “professional” side of him.
RareLiquidHarborporpoise-max-1mb

Just to finish this one lol, his friends are just lovely and hilarious. The kind of people you need in your life!

Heaven and Hell: soul exchange
https://www.viki.com/tv/38388c-heaven-and-hell-soul-exchange

I love this show too, I was thinking that it was the typical body exchange show but it’s too well done. Everything about the serial killer vs detective was so good.
I totally recommend this one.

Cutie pie
https://www.viki.com/tv/38416c-cutie-pie

I have to say that this was my first time watching a BL, and well I don’t think that this will be my thing lol, but I have to say that I have enjoyed this show. Something that I don’t enjoy about Tai dramas is that I feel that they scream a lot (FL in F4 for instance), and this wasn’t like that. It was a kind of different story for me, again I don’t think that this will be my thing but I decided to give it a chance and I enjoyed it.
BTW. One of the ML is just gorgeous.

Meeting you
https://www.viki.com/tv/37647c-meeting-you

It’s a cute story, I have enjoyed it but I think that I don’t enjoy school stories anymore lol
But it’s good and cute.

JUST STARTED
Yumi’s cells 2

https://www.viki.com/tv/38564c-yumis-cells-2?q=yumi&qId=cb6f3530881fd9ad08a4c14bbd35c380

BTW. I was obligated to rest (medical reasons) and as a pretty active person, this was the way that I have rested lol.

4 Likes

not sure about this next one

I think I have already seen this in2019

I will watch the first couple of episodes and will see if I like or not

Inspector Koo (2021)

3 Likes

I get so easily distracted. Decided to take a break from the light modern Chinese romcoms and started the historical drama “Who Rules the World.” (with Yang Yang and Zhao Lu Si on another streaming service) I tried to start this one a few times before and just couldn’t get into it, but this time around I powered through the first episode and got hooked. If you like big scale historical dramas with lots of characters and intricate plots, check it out. I will say that the CGI is very overdone and ridiculous on the first episode, but they do tone it down in the next few episodes. I hope this one stays as good as the first few episodes have been!

4 Likes

and soooo boring! no, it really drags along, but keep on with Who rules the world, I am on 18 at the moment, its quite good

2 Likes

I really struggle with big historical dramas for the first few episodes because I get the characters all mixed up. I don’t care for the big fight scenes so ep1 was a real slog, but so far I’m glad I stuck with it. I’m on ep5 now.

3 Likes

How is it that :hushed: , after a day of work, when you get home to be surrounded by 10 young people of different ages (between 18 and 28 years old),my children,nephews and their friends, stocked with all kinds of sweets, snacks and soft drinks, to let you know that, for 3 days, they are your guests and, all those 3 days, the days of the Asian movie are declared …
I gave in, I no longer had the strength to convince anyone of anything, so, comfortable, I drew lots and it came out …

Because some of us hadn’t seen the first part, we started with this.
I was reluctant :thinking: about this series and I was ready when I would fall asleep, but what to see (?), from the first episode the giggles :rofl:and comments that followed , made it worth watching and so my night became "The White Night " …:wink:
Today is the 2nd day and we still have to see …
Oh, thank you all for the above suggestions, I send you virtual hugs :hugs:

4 Likes

I was hesitant about heaven and hell;soul exchange, yes due to that alchemy of souls. I haven’t gotten a "small voice " telling me not to watch. so I did put it on my list, and will start watching it today. y’all I don’t mean to sound morbid and all. all I can say my experience is to listen to that voice.

3 Likes

No worries, it’s the same for me lol

1 Like

I’m watching The Blue Whisper and I love it!
It might become my favorite Chinese drama of the year. (I have to watch the ending)

5 Likes

Hope you enjoy your break to the fullest, and then get back on your feet soon!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

im watching jinxed at 1st

Just started watching . . .

And it looks like it’s going to be fun.

I notice that, in the synopsis, the name of the the ML is spelled “Luis” while EVERYTHING in Episode Numero Uno shows his name spelled Luice. And the English-language subs show the same spelling.

WHY? Why does this happen so often with Viki synopses? I’m sure the synopsis writer (somebody who gets underpaid and overworked) HAD to see at least one episode in order to write the synopsis.

I am planning on having a lot of fun with Miracle, and now that I have gotten my whining out of the way, let the cuteness begin . . .

1 Like

In the last week I wasn’t feeling well.
I couldn’t do much, even though my to-do-list is as long as the river Rhine.
So I tried to get rid of my stress by watching drama.

Enjoyed it pretty much, it had some traits like there are on older dramas. A family drama I was so in need for something like this.

I waited, so I could binge it. In my opinion, it was a bit weaker in storytelling than Lawless Lawyer and 14 Days, but still good enough to have Lee Jun Gi on the screen again.

I guess now that I am back on working on my list, I will only squeeze in a movie now and then. Like this one.

5 Likes

Go watch Neighborhood Lawyer, Joe. It’s hilarious!!!

2 Likes

I’ve said this elsewhere. Again My Life was great until it wasn’t. It just sort of . . . ended. I was delighted, if I can say it that way, to see Lee Joon Gi (how I’ve seen it spelled in English transliteration) in another lawyer show with a twist, and it has been interesting to see the actor who portrayed Jo Tae Seop as a less powerful but still corrupt businessman in Why Her?.

I have not seen either of the other dramas you mention, but I have always appreciated your suggestions!

2 Likes

My youngest cat is named Mr. Jo. He’s a tuxie I found as a three-week old kitten stuck under my porch in the summer of 2017. I bottle fed him for a month and wiped his butt and then, by some miracle, he learned–without a mother cat–to eat solid food and poop in a litter box.

I called him Mr. Jo because like Mr. Jo the lawyer, he would not shut up. He climbed into the oddest places and fell and got stuck and got smacked around by my older cats and just kept going.

His full name is Mr. Antonio Jo, International Cat of Mystery and Finder of Small Objects. His back story is that he is part Korean, part Cuban, part English, and part Irish. In a former life, he did not save a country; he dated, ahem, Ertha Kitt.

Park Shin Yang is a great actor. I really liked him in Signal, a drama I saw on DramaFever in 2011. Boy, what a tear-jerker that was!

He seems to have had an interesting career according to this article:

https://inf.news/en/entertainment/d75230fa78ad6c1ecc23f737888acaff.html

Park Shin-yang married a lover 13 years younger than him. After the marriage, he found out that [s]he had a marriage history, and he remained firm in love.

I’m guessing, based on how the English transliterations of names switches between “Korean style” and “Pinyin style,” the article was put together (perhaps) by a couple of different Chinese fans in a hurry to share their enthusiasm.

Whatever. He’s an older actor with real talent and with some definite dimples, and I would love to see him in something new. Maybe get him and Lee Joon Gi and Go Ara together to kick some legal butt.

2 Likes