What are you currently watching?

4 Likes

I hate to admit it but I’m watching David Beckham

2 Likes

'Just finished watching Marigold in 4 Minutes and it was… just OK. A Romance (oh what a shock,) with a mildly-interesting supernatural element about the main character being an EMT who is able to see people’s final moments.

It was interesting enough to watch through to the bitter end, but at 10 episodes it was too long for a story that could’ve been handled far better in something like 6. The EMT’s visions of people’s deaths were a necessarily deterministic element, and determinism has a tendency to short-circuit both believability and dramatic interest. IOW, 'hard to stay interested in a story that has a predestined outcome locked in. Until it wasn’t. Maybe the only thing worse than a deterministic plot is a deterministic plot that the writers arbitrarily change just to make everything work. Urggh.

'Still waiting for some basic doctor dramas, detective dramas, school dramas, even workplace dramas to show up under the Japanese header, but not really holding my breath on Viki’s Romance/Rom-Com tunnel vision.

So now I’m off to Fletnix for the second season of “iZombie.” (I generally hate the whole zombie schtick, but it’s got an interesting starting premise and the writing is almost as witty as Whedon so I got sucked into bingeing.)

4 Likes

Put Hear it Through the Grapevine on hold because I don’t think I’m in the mood for it now…

Ongoing Bright Eyes in the Dark

Was watching while it aired and got emotionally invested, like the fool I am… I thought these kinds of dramas were guaranteed to be happy endings but noooooo we have an open ending and I know it’s going to ■■■■ me but I’m so far in that I think I’ll just keep watching The two leads have a very natural, comfortable chemistry, which is why I love the drama so much.

Light, easy, and fluffy. Again, I’m watching for the leads, and they’re playing their characters really well, for this type of low-stakes, low-tension, physical-comedy drama. I’ve always liked the way Esther Yu portrays her characters. I’d say Esther Yu, Yoo In Na, Mone Kamishiraishi, and Ariel Lin are the best at playing silly airheaded FLs in their respective countries’ dramas. It takes skill to play such dorky, energetic characters with a range of expressions without coming across as pull-your-hair-out annoying XD (I’m sure some might disagree lol but I love their roles in Love Between Fairy & Devil, Touch Your Heart, Incurable Case of Love, and It Started With A Kiss/They Kiss Again)

5 Likes

I’m watching W and I Don’t Feel Like Doing Anything.

5 Likes

WATCHING
Strong Girl Nam- Soon.

Miraculous Brothers

A time called you.

ONE PIECE

Finished Destined with You

Dropped THE UNCANNY COUNTER

3 Likes

Watching

• Graceful Family
  • Birth of a Beauty
  • Time to fall in love
  • Fireworks of my Heart
  • Marriage with Me?..
  • Irresistible Love (Per Amore e per Destino)
3 Likes

I finished “Faithful” a short historical Cdrama 25 eps. It was a bit roller coaster, I couldn’t wait when the evil character got punished. It was a well done story line and well acted as well. I admire the woman who had the guts to stand up for justice!

5 Likes

I dropped “A Time Called You”.
I heard it was the remake of the Taiwanese hit drama Someday or One Day. I will try to find and watch this version.

3 Likes

Going to watch this epic battle movie!!!

4 Likes

Someday Or One Day is a masterpiece. Hope you can find it and enjoy it.

3 Likes

now looks like you have to rent it “Hansan”, also some day or one day

2 Likes

Now I’m watching Backstreet arookie

2 Likes

I didn’t think this drama would be so good and thrilling, I have to say the young man has guts! The plot is interesting and has a great flow. The directing is interesting too.
Checkout this drama, surprisingly the episodes are about 60 minutes and not like 40 to 45 minutes like other C-drama.

5 Likes

Hmmm, why does the synopsis reads like things that happened in:
!A League of Nobleman | Mainland China | Drama | Watch with English Subtitles & More ✔️
The strange positions part.

4 Likes
4 Likes

Hmm, I don’t think I watched the Nobleman, the trailer looks filled with mysteries and witchcraft…I should watch it.

I think Ripe Town is still somewhat different, I like the strategies… :wink:

5 Likes

l watched all 9 episodes drama (based on a webtoon) of… [DOONA] with my favorite young actress SUZY although I was a bit disappointed since her character is a chain smoker; something Suzy does throughout the mini drama, and worse yet, not only they are promoting cigarette smoking, the brand name is BLACK DEVIL which I feel can be too much for young viewers. What is it now with ASIAN dramas advertising for the devil so much? Has anyone noticed that? They also have these dramas with very bloody scenes that makes my skin crawl, and I have to discontinue watching since lately, I get physically sick with scenes like that. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

[MIRACULOUS BROTHERS] is also full of fear, gore, smoking and suicide, but so far I can tolerate watching. I’m up to episode 5. It’s different from other stories; so that’s definitely a plus for me to continue watching.

4 Likes

finished watching this. I thought it was kinda good.

5 Likes
5 Likes