What are you currently watching?

His character on this drama is really great. I love this ML. :heart_eyes:
He’s so sweet and understanding to the FL. I guarantee you will love him.

4 Likes

just finished this one, was so cute too. sorta reminded me of hes psycho metric ( i think thats right)
It is a movie and just finished, a good watch

for this one was an awesome drama, but the ending could have been better, don’t want to spoil it if you haven’t watched it.

4 Likes

He sings also in the OST of Wonderland of Love and I think he even had a cameo towards the end… He’s a known singer…

3 Likes

This K-drama movie looked almost real… :exploding_head: :face_with_monocle: :sunglasses:

2 Likes
6 Likes

The end of the year always makes me want to rewatch stuff! Currently having a serious debate with myself on whether I should rewatch touch Your Heart, Oh My Venus, or My little Happiness :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Draw by lot? :four_leaf_clover:

4 Likes

Took me forever to start the cdrama classic, A Love So Beautiful

Goodness… I say I hate high school dramas, and I DO. But every once in a blue moon, when all the stars align(XD), I end up clicking on one, mainly because @irmar 's review really convinced me to give it a try.

This time, I am happy to report that I wasn’t disappointed in the LEAST. It wasn’t shallow and superficial, like I’ve come to expect. I loved the friendships, class spirit, teacher-student relationships(NOT romantic, except for an immature one-sided crush on a student’s part – the teacher never encouraged it at all, and it died out soon enough), and even the romances were nicely done. The theme song OST is a keeper :heart:

What sets it apart from other high school dramas? The talented cast, for one. Shen Yue and Hu Yi Tian were completely in tune with their characters, and the rest of the cast played their parts convincingly, except for a couple. The ML is your typical bashful tsundere, but I liked that he wasn’t a bully, didn’t really mind looking silly in public if it was for FL’s sake, and used his pristine reputation as a teacher’s pet and top student to bend the rules and get away with it when it came to getting his friends and FL out of the messes they got themselves into :joy: The basic storyline itself is pretty simple— cute sunshine FL chases ice prince ML— but the reverse happens in the adult storyline and it’s all balanced out. The characters are what transform the cliche plotline into a meaningful tale about youth, friendship, and life.

Love triangle? Yes, but no. ML and FL have eyes only for each other so no one else ever really stood a chance.
Chances of Second Lead Syndrome? The SML was a really, really nice guy I can’t find fault with much, other than that terrible habit these SMLs are plagued with— goes to the ML and demands that he “give her back to me” when she herself has rejected him plainly But IDK, I’m not prone to SLS and this guy just annoyed me most of the time.
Annoying misunderstandings? Ye-e-s. BUT. Hear me out. The misunderstandings WERE annoying because we could see everything as the audience, but it wasn’t entirely anyone’s fault, nor was it totally nonsensical. I hated it, but I survived, and I was rewarded. I’d rate the ending as a 9 out of 10 on the Satisfying Ending scale(10/10 being all threads tied nicely and happy/meaningful endings for all the main characters + where they’ll be in the near future and 1/10 being absolute train wreck terrible open-ended unnecessarily tragic trash)

6 Likes

I enjoyed Kiss Sixth Sense. Hope you like it too.

3 Likes

My latest guilty pleasure watch is Tell Me That You Love Me. This drama is about a (mature) deaf man who communicates his thoughts and emotions through his paintings. The FL is a sweet 33 yr old who is very kind and caring toward him. For her part, it’s not pity but actual attraction to this man; she even tries to learn sign language in order to communicate with him. Six of sixteen episodes are currently available.

(Wikipedia)

5 Likes

I think I’m in the middle of the serie and I love absolutely all. Omg, it’s so beautiful how they accept each other :heart_eyes::sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

When watching dramas from all over the world, I look for dramas that show me a part of the world I can’t afford to travel to, but through this drama, movie, I can ‘‘visit’’ and enjoy the beautiful scenery, touristic areas etc.

I Started today

KING LAND HOTEL - K DRAMA with Lee Jun-ho/ * Yoona.

I’m on the 4th Episode, and I’m not too enthusiastic about it because it has the old K- drama cliché that bores me to death (they even have the LOCKS bridge scene) ugh! In fact, I only started watching this drama just bc a Youtuber said it got 23 votes as one of the 10 worst k-dramas in 2023. In my opinion is not as bad as they’re portraying it to be. I guess the main reason for so many down votes is bc is basically the same thing we watched over and over again, year after year while watching k drama back in the days.

They modernize the Hotel, and you can say I’m in LOVE with the Hotel LUXURIOUS look; rather than the ML and FL as a couple. The story plot is ridiculous if you asked me: tell me, who in this time and age will go to JEJU Island, and end up staying in a broken down cabin looking place, no less! Too Fake and outdated.

I have been to High Class Hotels in my Island, and of course, here in the US, so I love to explore although not physically, (through dramas or Documentaries) HOTELS from anywhere around the world. The Hotels in DUBAI are beyond words, but there is a coldness that doesn’t stir my heart into wanting to travel and see them in person. When looking/watching dramas/movies; look beyond the romantic story, and explore the world for free since we didn’t had to pay a plane ticket to be ‘‘there.’’

4 Likes

angelight313, thqats what I like too.

my son sent me a link (YT) and he doesn’t like the dramas I watch, but he came across one (Japanese) and sent me the link. now I think we have discussed robots, Ai bionic stuff too,

well here is one I’d like for you to watch if you a mind to. c called Inyashiki. 1. kinda spooky, 2. weird, 3 way out there! and so on. oh its good and all and some may like this,

hopefully, this will work.

2 Likes

During this holiday season, I’ve found myself watching more older dramas/movies and fewer new releases. I watched this one last night; it had an ending that really surprised me. From 2017, the movie is A Single Rider with one of my favorite actors, Lee Byung-hun. It is a dark drama so if you’re looking for laughs, this one isn’t for you. :wink:

(Bing)

5 Likes

I am doing the same thing, seems like the newer ones just doesn’t cut it

3 Likes

That reminds me! I just finished watching the jdrama Silent (man who loses his hearing gradually at 18 and so decides to cut of contact with all his aquaintances)… annnnd I honestly didn’t like it much. I wasn’t expecting a light comedy but this was still too slow and annoying for my taste. Lots and lots of conversations— sign-sign, sign-speech, writing-signing, writing-writing, and speech-to-text with writing. It was interesting to see all the different ways they communicated, but it was soooooooo slow and the conversations sooooo long and usually going round and round the same topic- “Can a born deaf+hearing couple work out? Can a gradual loss of hearing+born deaf couple work out? Can a gradual loss of hearing + hearing couple understand each other?” over and OVER and OVER again, with so much angst and a love pentagon or something.

The only reason I struggled through to the end was because the main couple did have loads of chemistry(nearly zero skinship but yeah the chemistry was palpable) and the ML’s smile had a way of completely captivating me. The actors did wonderful jobs with the roles they had, but the plot itself was pretty slow. I NEEDED to see the ending but I felt like it was so frustratingly slow and angsty that when it finally dragged itself to a finish, it had lost all steam and just kinda went flat and unsatisfying.

I love it when a drama explores all the details about the lives of people with impairments or diabilities, but this one was too much of an angsty headache.

4 Likes

oops something happened to my list, so guess I will re do

1. be reborn
  2. may I help you

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

still an awesome story

and found famous doctors, kinda same story but still good

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I have a couple more but think this is enough for now

3 Likes

A good movie. Unfortunately, not on Viki.

4 Likes

Heartwarming. Highly recommend it.

3 Likes

well looks like I missed ont, romantic doctor#2, I am thoroughly enjoying this one see my message above, does anyone know where #3 is?

1 Like