What are you currently watching?

@frustratedwriter

That one (Devil’s Punisher) is from Taiwan, and I love the actors (the old man is in almost all taiwanese dramas/movies) it’s kind of annoying though bc I don’t like to see actors in so many dramas so often. (especially if they die in a drama) and in the next drama, they’re alive. He does look so much like a cadaver. He’s so thin and looks sickly. In 7 years (since I first saw him) he has aged too much.

THE QUEEN’S GAMBIT is a MUST WATCH!!! I thought it would be boring but decided to look at the trailer and I spend more than 7 hours watching all episodes ( only stopped to cook etc).

PRIVATE LIVES is awesome!!! action packed and so different. Don’t miss it.

SAVE ME is korean drama but episode 4 kill the desire to continue bc is too violent and makes me cry.

1 Like

yeah now that you mentioned about that guy,I forgot which one but he is such a good actor! For the others you mentioned I will check them out too and doesnt save me have 2 seasons?

1 Like

This drama will break the mold of purity in k drama. Is really good a must watch1

They went off on this drama/ A must see!

2 Likes

I don’t know how to explain it completely. I think I am what @ninjas_with_onions calls a fragile soul? Because I really don’t like investing my time and emotions into someone who dies in the end, or has an unhappy end. Of course, there are the times when I think it would have been better if someone died(because it lightens the depth of the situation) but thats mostly for second leads/sub characters.
I don’t care too much about reality, or being realistic. I don’t watch kdramas for the realness, I watch to take a break from real life with its not always happy endings. As long as the plot is well done, well executed and the writers are able to connect with the audience, I’m satisfied. Of course, too much is always too bad, I hated W for being so nonsensical.
maybe I’m easy to screenplay for, because even though I know the character isn’t going to die, I’m still worried at the outcome of whatever accident it is. “How will this change the character of the person?” “How will this incident impact the plot?” stuff like that.
What I always keep as a surprise though, is the villain/antagonist. I am always interested with how the writers handle the villain. That’s one thing I liked about He Is Psychometric-- the writers made you feel for the antagonist, and it was pretty sad to see him go to jail. It was also different, in that I was more interested in the second leads, and though I cried for days over the death of one of them, I realised it was a necessary death, a meaningful one. I didn’t want her to die, but at least she didn’t die in vain. But then when I thought about the future she never got to have, well I turned into a weeping mess and didn’t want to watch another death ever. I don’t shed as much tears watching the death as when the other characters REACT.
I like it when the ‘good guy’ isn’t always completely good or right, and the ‘bad guy’ isn’t always completely BAD. I like to see growth in a character. It’s not just sad endings I hate, its also unfinished, unsatisfying endings.

4 Likes

Oh, btw just finished Flower Of Evil and WOAH it was awesome. Screenplay, plot depth, plot TWISTS, acting, OST, cinematography WOW I was blown away! Lee Joon Gi WAS his character. His acting is AWESOME, I really felt the character. that shaky camera effect constantly had me on edge!
The female lead was wonderful too, one of the strongest ever. Her character was also superb, well written and well acted out. I admire her strength and determination, and WOW her patience and love. Not for one second did she have it easy. If you watch the first ep and think “Ah, one more mean mom trope”, its NOT. There’s a LOT of deception in the start. The drama has next to zero cliches. It’s not a feel-good love story. It’s tough. I was glad they didn’t do the cliche ‘I’m-wrong-for-you-so-I-will-leave’ trope. They decided to struggle it out together. Specially the FL, I would have gone mad in her place.
Just a teeny bit disappointed with the ending-- didn’t think that the amazing writers would pull the amnesia trope at the end :expressionless::sob: The character had gone through ENOUGH. I just felt like they had all been through too much already, and the troubles were just WAY too much. They should have just let the couple be for the last episode, I felt so sorry for both of them. The last ep was the limit. I was tired, everyone was tired.
It remained true to its thriller/suspense genre the entire time. At some parts, my heart was beating so fast, it was crazy. The cliffhangers at the end of the eps were WOW. Of course some of them were bluffs, and when they were explained in the next ep i was like, “You gave me an almost-heart attack for THAT??!!”
It wasn’t predictable at all. on the whole, I 10/10 recommend. It’ll take a lot of time for me to get over it :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

ok,ok you sold me! I will try to watch it then!

1 Like

hehe I’m glad…Hope you enjoy it as much as I did! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like
  • Erased
  • Originals
  • Lost Romance
  • Noble Boys
  • Goodbye, My Love
  • Heroic Journey Of Ne Zha
  • Falling Into You
  • Alice
  • Lonely Enough To Love
  • Amensalism
  • Hoping To Give You A Big Hug Tonight
  • My Name Is Busaba
  • Swan
  • The Tribe (perfect time to rewatch the NZ youth series about a mysterious virus that makes all the adults go extinct. :stuck_out_tongue: )
2 Likes

Devils Punisher, the generals lady, general & I ,legend of 9tailed, zombie detective, ghost detective, my name is Busaba, Flower crew, capital scandel,manager kim, and goling to try the queens gambit as well

1 Like

YES<YES<YES! It has been so far one of the BEST/AWESOME drama ever here at Rviki site. I just love this drama beginning to end. It was different and the main couple complimented each other so well. The little girl was the star of the show and made me cry when she cried.

The best part was the tension was real when several times their life were in danger. So much excitement this is the first drama I went 4 times in a day to see if it was subbed and I watched the drama w/o subs and again when it had the subs. I was hooked to the drama. The guy actor can pick his dramas to work in.

2 Likes

My Dangerous Wife
Search
She Was Pretty
Alice

4 Likes

PENTHOUSE is a great drama with gorgeous looking, lovely, EUGENE.

4 Likes

I’ll check it out. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah, that’s right, it’s already been Monday, so it has started! Was still “waiting”, lol. :joy:

2 Likes

Episode 1 was thrilling go and check it out! the special effects/scenery are beyond words. This is a type of drama you don’t need subs to enjoy it

PS waiting for subs…:frowning_face:

2 Likes

@mirjam_465

I don’t get it. Is not monday by you yet?

Lol, I mean I hadn’t realized the drama had already started, even though I did know it would start this Monday. :joy:

1 Like

Unfortunately we don’t have so many subbers >.<
If you know someone please let them contact the Chief Editor on the coverpage. :confused:

Btw it’s my first time ever watching her on a drama so I am really excited to see her and Kim So Yeon (so many fans of her on youtube, wow) ^^

3 Likes

It definitely seems interesting to me and I will watch it once it gets off-air or maybe even help out with this title for Hindi if I complete my short dramas really soon :slightly_smiling_face:

BTW, I really admire the efforts you put into the coverpage. I gave all my love to this drama. Best of luck with management :wink:

3 Likes

I figured that and I’m hoping they get some extra hands bc is all worth it. I’ll be waiting patiently. Hope ppl read this and if they can help with K/Eng they join the team.

If you have a chance watch: ‘‘A thousand years Inheritance’’ Eugene was a punching bag there but she did a wonderful role, and the ending was what I wanted. Apart from the fact that the drama has hilarious funny parts you’ll enjoy so much.

3 Likes