What are you currently watching?

Not in here but wish they had

10 Cloverfield Lane.

If you like to jump out of your skin WATCH this…lol

No, is not that one. it has a lot of soft pink and cute hearts too. But now my fave is The Penthouse

PS found it!!!
Le Coup de Foudre: https://www.viki.com/tv/36354c-le-coup-de-foudre

3 Likes

rofl that was hilarious :joy: ty for the laugh!
I hope to find a job as a graphic designer (better: as a User Experience Designer or Product Designer but the demand is to low rn) but it’s so hard to find a good and stable job in the current situation :disappointed_relieved: But few days ago a sweet friend helped me to write a better motivational letter so I hope that I have more chances even before and my design is perfect here (I got an A for my design while in my study), but it’s breaking your head because you have to search good arguments and formulate them afterwards (It can’t be too boring and also cant be too playful) :exploding_head:

4 Likes

ok then, thanks for that!!

1 Like

oh yeah, and I have watched it twice, guess its about time to watch again

1 Like

share your review! I’m considering watching it…:grin:

1 Like

I saw the taiwanese. chinese. and Japanese version of f’‘ated to love you’’ also known as ‘‘You are my destiny’’ and the Taiwanese version beat them all (the Korean version too),

I’m a bit pissed off with Zombie Detective finale. Gosh, he looks so gorgeous with those contact glasses.

You will like Tunnel since he can play any role and make it real.

4 Likes

angellight, I started watching them but stopped as for tunnel, loved it! so we have a bad ending for zombie detective?

1 Like

Right now I’m watching the Japanese movie Moon Child.:full_moon:

1 Like

:grin: which one? Zombie Detective?

It depends on your taste really but I’ve always been a Zombie genre fan/Sci-fi and mystery fan.

The humor is much needed relief during these pandemic and mentally-challenging times. Hats off to @choitrio for doing an excellent job at subtitling and making sure the humor does not get lost in translation. The humor I think is on the dialogue and somewhat low key and some revolves around the nature of being a Zombie :joy:, less on over the top gestures (although it’s there too). Not heavy on “romance” which is fine and refreshing but again, still there. I can feel their attraction :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: .

If you have seen " Warm bodies" - it’s from the perspective of the Zombie versus the humans reacting to Zombies. A Zombie transitioning roles from human to Zombie :sweat_smile: and it’s a delight to watch.

Also the “bad guys” are not bad by nature or just for the sake of evil, I almost feel sorry for them because of their motivations. There is also a tribute to Zombie fans on one of the characters.

I also hope there’ll be a season 2. Also, Choi Jin Hyuk is probably one of the most handsome zombies I’ve ever seen :sweat_smile::heart_eyes:.

Also I love the Ma Dong Seok reference in this drama because when I first saw Train to Busan years ago, I had no idea who he was or Gong Yoo but I was immediately drawn to MDS vs Gong Yoo. Gong Yoo did not catch my attention until this year :joy:.

Sorry this post got too long, got too excited :sweat_smile:. Anyway, I hope that you enjoy it if you do decide to watch to watch it. :grin:

1 Like

I think with “Fated/You are…” Taiwanese and Korean versions won for me and it’s very close, I may give the Taiwanese version a slight edge because of the story line and the few “twists”. My only beef with the Taiwanese version was the male lead comes across as somewhat selfish by staying with Anna even when the female lead went to Shanghai for all those years. Korea did their own spin though and Jang Hyuk ,oh my word, was incredible as Lee Gun.

ZD the finale for me, I was satisfied with it but I do get a sense of kind of left hanging a tiny bit which is why I wished either for a season 2 or that it had 16 episodes…

2 Likes

I’m glad you got excited and showed it, that means I’ll enjoy it too! :grin:

2 Likes

I am glad you enjoyed ZD so much. @vivi_1485, I think you will enjoy not only the humor but all the pop culture references. Let’s see if you can catch all of them. So many cameos as well…

4 Likes

@frustratedwriter

The ending is perfect! you gonna like it. I believe we gonna have a 2nd season of Zombie Detective bc the ending is a hint

The only reason I said i was pissed is bc I wanted an attempt of kiss or a confession at least. That guy looks amazingly gorgeous at the end.

2 Likes

ok got it, and a second season, awesome! as for the zombies, I mentioned my I don’t really care for the zombies, had to change my thought process, I do love this one!! just awesome is all IK can say

now on to another awesome drama, and it has been around since 2017, and I have not seen this on Viki, and I don’t think the older link we aren’t to mention had it either! its called capital scandal, its here on Viki. a 1930’s drama with some of my favorite actors in it too. It’s like a comedy and a mystery. I think y’all will enjoy it

1 Like

Thank you I’m gonna check it out it looks very interesting. I was starting Her Private Life but I’ll check this one first.

2 Likes

You’re using the Dutch word for I! :rofl: :slight_smile:

1 Like

@angelight313_168, I finished Record of Youth. I enjoyed the the drama in general but I thought the ending was kinda weak.

While I wait for Vanishing Time, Steel Rain 2, and 18 Again, I am thinking about checking out Kairos. Anyone watching it?

Btw, I would recommend Mr. Sunshine for those of you who have Netflix. And if your are a fan of Lee Byung Hun like me, also check out Inside Men (on Viki).

2 Likes

I hated Mr. Sunshine the ending broke my heart (the Prince/journalist):sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

I started Kairos but didn’t caught me in. Inside Men is good too and IRIS all parts are so awesome (although heartbreaking too)

Please check PRIVATE LIVES I am so hooked I wait for the days it airs (wednesday and thursday).

Record of Youth could be the virus that everyone is so scared they refuse to do romantic scenes. I heard main guy is very OCD with germs and cleanliness.

2 Likes

I actually cried while watching Mr. Sunshine but given the subject matter I knew it was not going to be a happy ending. I will definitely check out Private Lives. Thank you! It’s too bad about Kairos because I like both ML and FL.

2 Likes