What are you currently watching?

I cried sobbing for a long while for the guy prince. it was too cruel that scene. The problem with Kairos is that is time travel story and I don’t like them too much. Tunnel was the exception.

But this is a keeper for me bc KJH is hilariously funny even if he doesn’t try. Recommended by @frustratedwriter. thanks!

I saw this one about 3 times and I still laugh.

1 Like

@frustratedwriter and @angelight313_168, Gosh, Capital Scandal looks really good! I will start on that tonight. Thank you! I recently finished translating Alice and I wasn’t too thrilled with how it turned out so maybe I should pass on Kairos.

2 Likes

@zinniac1216
This is the Taiwanese version of [FATED TO LOVE YOU] that I loved so much.
[You are my Destiny] wasn’t my favorite either, although it wasn’t that bad but certain parts pissed me off, like when he stays with Ballerina drama queen.
If you find this version, and have a chance, watch this version. You will need tissues bc she’s really good in making ppl cry. The guy is gorgeous and my fave taiwanese actor too (I have a few Roy Chiu/Vaness Wu/). Her transformation is great compared to all the others.

Promotional poster for Fated to Love You
Also known as 命中注定我愛你
Genre Romance
Comedy
Written by Pan Yiqun
Chen Xin Yi
Du Xinyi
Directed by Chen Mingzhang
Starring * Joe Chen

1 Like

I know this is an unpopular opinion, but personally, I felt like Her Private Life didn’t deserve all the hype it got. Like yeah, Ryan Gold was really handsome, etc etc., but I think other than that and the fangirl references we can relate to, the plot didn’t really contain too much. Maybe its because I was just tired of the ‘childhood trauma/flashback’ trope.
Started it, stopped after the first ep because it didn’t draw me in…then my friend told me to give it another chance and I did. I felt like the passionate scenes were done well to compensate for the weak plot.
Park Min Young’s character completely blended into her What’s Wrong Wih Secretary Kim one, there were some times when I felt I was watching the same exact drama-- she wears the same style of clothes, similar hairstyle, the ML had childhood sadness… :flushed:
If you do decide to give it a try, tell me if you liked it, though! :grin:

1 Like

Isn’t the Private Lives that @angelight313_168 is talking about a different series than Her Private Life? Or were you just recommending that to her? :thinking: :blush:

3 Likes

no she mentioned Her Private Life when she replied to @frustratedwriter saying she was about to start it and then started Capital Scandal instead…

2 Likes

I don’t thinkl y’all will be disappointed. and I don’t know why I never watched my girlfriend is an agent, will look at that today

2 Likes

woah, I started it today too!! Uptil now, it’s extremely stupid in a comedic way. Just for some light laughs.
However, I don’t like the way they portray the poor male lead-- he’s just too much of a bumbling idiot when he does his spy work and the way the FL hits him, it’s just so unneccessary! If he’s such an idiot, how did he climb up the career ladder to reach that point(he was on an international mission!)? He didn’t even do anything wrong, its literally all the FL’s fault that he left her, and when he meets her three years later, he’s still pretty decent to her but she just hits him, yells at him and blames him for no reason!
After Flower of Evil, this one is just destroying my remaining braincells, but it IS pretty funny, so I’ll stick till the end. It’s only two hours so :joy:

2 Likes

@angelight313_168
:heart: Yes I have seen this version and I do give it a slight edge over the K version. I did not like that either that he stayed with Ballerina. But I love that it has more skinship :joy: The female lead is a very good actor. As for the male lead - I agree , he is very attractive - love his eyebrows. This is the original isn’t it? Have you seen any other dramas with by this actor?

@vivi_1485, @frustratedwriter, @choitrio - This is the trailer for “Warm Bodies” which a pretty decent movie too btw and any project with John Malkovich :star_struck: is good enough for me. It’s been years since I’ve seen it.

4 Likes

Ah, I didn’t see that comment :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Currently:

2 Likes

@vivi_1485
I found it so funny bc I love KJH He is in my book naturally funny, and I love his comical way of saying/doing things. The story was a bit off, but I don’t expect anything less from some Asian writers that can’t be consistent with the story plot. We need to laugh bc laughter is the best medicine.

The scene where he puts his hand in his mouth in the bathroom turned my stomach and had to put the drama on hold for a while…ugh (you went that far?)

You know I realized is a matter of difference in culture maybe? how those things may annoy others, while I was so happy that for a change the guy got rough up a little, and not the poor girl. Sorry about that.

PS. Forgot to mention that PMY is always very passionate in her kissing scenes for what I’ve seen so far, and sadly, I’m not too much of her fan either.

2 Likes

I have seen other dramas by him but I’m bad with titles. Is almost the same thing romance and he’s always the rich guy or the ivy league college student and the girl poor and ignorant. The last thing I saw was around 2013 after that I wonder if he got married and retired?

2 Likes

Wish we had it here Taiwanese dramas are awesome!!!

3 Likes

Thank you for the video! No wonder so many ZD viewers were making a comparison. I am going to see if my boys will watch this with me tomorrow. A perfect Halloween night movie.:wink:

2 Likes

If you have ntfx they have so many movies of horror, thriller old and new. Just need the pop corn, chips and smores (haven’t had them in such a long time). My oldest daughter buys the ingredients and makes it in the microwave simply delicious.

Ingredients

8 sheets honey graham crackers

One 4.4-ounce bar milk chocolate, such as Hershey’s, broken into 8 pieces

Pinch kosher salt

8 large marshmallows

Directions
Halve each graham cracker sheet crosswise into 2 squares. Working with 1 or 2 s’mores at a time, place a square of graham cracker, a piece of marshmallow and top with a portion of chocolate and a pinch of kosher salt. Take the graham cracker squares and chocolate to your microwave and start with 15 seconds and increase minutes until marshmallow and chocolate melts. Enjoy!!!

4 Likes

If you like that one maybe you’ll also like. I’m going to re watch bc I miss stories like this one. VAGABOND on ntfx is obviously the second part of this one in future time.

1 Like

S’mores a la microwave style. I like it! Btw, I enjoyed Kangchi too but I like CJH in ZD better just because the ending leaves me some hope for his return.:wink:

1 Like

I just finished “Go Go Squid” :star:. I liked the story that how new career can be challenging to purse when people don’t know about it much.

3 Likes

Vagabond is on my watchlist, I have to look into Kangchi, trailer seems interesting, though “This show is not available in your region” … :frowning: sometimes it sucks to be in a periphery country on the fringes of earth xD. I think it’s a game :smiley:, I try to ignore Star Wars, since I like the two other Star* steries out there :smiley:

2 Likes