Viki

What are you currently watching?

I have seen other dramas by him but I’m bad with titles. Is almost the same thing romance and he’s always the rich guy or the ivy league college student and the girl poor and ignorant. The last thing I saw was around 2013 after that I wonder if he got married and retired?

Wish we had it here Taiwanese dramas are awesome!!!

Thank you for the video! No wonder so many ZD viewers were making a comparison. I am going to see if my boys will watch this with me tomorrow. A perfect Halloween night movie.:wink:

If you have ntfx they have so many movies of horror, thriller old and new. Just need the pop corn, chips and smores (haven’t had them in such a long time). My oldest daughter buys the ingredients and makes it in the microwave simply delicious.

Ingredients

8 sheets honey graham crackers

One 4.4-ounce bar milk chocolate, such as Hershey’s, broken into 8 pieces

Pinch kosher salt

8 large marshmallows

Directions
Halve each graham cracker sheet crosswise into 2 squares. Working with 1 or 2 s’mores at a time, place a square of graham cracker, a piece of marshmallow and top with a portion of chocolate and a pinch of kosher salt. Take the graham cracker squares and chocolate to your microwave and start with 15 seconds and increase minutes until marshmallow and chocolate melts. Enjoy!!!

If you like that one maybe you’ll also like. I’m going to re watch bc I miss stories like this one. VAGABOND on ntfx is obviously the second part of this one in future time.

S’mores a la microwave style. I like it! Btw, I enjoyed Kangchi too but I like CJH in ZD better just because the ending leaves me some hope for his return.:wink:

I just finished “Go Go Squid” :star:. I liked the story that how new career can be challenging to purse when people don’t know about it much.

Vagabond is on my watchlist, I have to look into Kangchi, trailer seems interesting, though “This show is not available in your region” … :frowning: sometimes it sucks to be in a periphery country on the fringes of earth xD. I think it’s a game :smiley:, I try to ignore Star Wars, since I like the two other Star* steries out there :smiley:

I’m watching ‘Are you human too?’ Sure, it can be unrealistic but it’s intense and I’m really enjoying it. There’s only 36 episodes, and I’m up to episode 32 at the moment, so I’m nearing the end ): but there’s still a lot to wrap up in the drama. I binged watched most of it today since Halloween was on Saturday for me and I had nothing else to do. :slight_smile:

if you really want to watch it, it’s usually there on some other site on the internet :sweat_smile:

I gave up AYHT exactly at 32 two months ago, the story is indeed interesting but I just couldn’t catch it. There are only 4 episodes left, so if I get time, I might spend this Halloween night with AYHT.
I hope it ends good. :grin:

a good one to watch!

I just started Delayed Justice. Apparently it’s based on a true story. I am only half way through the first episode but I have a feeling it’s going to be a really good one. Unfortunately, there are no subtitles yet because they don’t seem to have any Ko-Eng subbers on the team. I think unless Viki does something to raise the morale of the subbers they will continually face a shortage of qualified subbers.

I am not sure I am putting this on the right place, but here goes, strarted watching a drama on NF story about India and their battles, sorry don’t remember the name, but it is a new one that came ouit. my question, the people that dance those dances, why do they wear thosl long fingernails? and those long head dresses? ok maybe I should google it, but thought this would be a better way

angelight, you are soooo right, loved the ending!! now hopefully 2nd season, maybe?? ane yes a hint for sure!! (zombie detective)

I heard about their lack of subbers. Maybe you can help them out? :slight_smile:

Not in mine either. Probably cause it’s a Kocowa-show, so only people with a Viki Pass Plus (those living in North or South America) can see it.

They’ve been sending me messages but I don’t want to get into the same situation I had with ZD where I ended up doing the bulk of the English translations and because I knew that the viewers were not going to wait for editing I had to do a lot of editing myself which made the translations even more tedious and slow. I already told the CM that Delayed Justice will need TE and Ko-Eng subbers who are not only fluent in both Korean and English but also somewhat familiar with courtroom procedures and understand the dry sense of humor. I am qualified to do all that but I cannot commit myself to a project when I might be the only subber and there is no TE. For OL translators at least there is less of time pressure but Ko-Eng subbers are constantly made aware of how slow our translations are and many times the Subtitle Team page is misleading because we may have half a dozen to a dozen English translators listed on the cover page but not all of them contribute. As I said in one of my earlier posts, Viki needs to do something to raise morale of the translators if they want to keep the qualified ones from getting burnt out.

Now I’m starting to wonder again why the subathon was only about Chinese and Taiwanese shows if Korean shows are also in lack of translators. :thinking:
But I can totally understand you don’t want to do it on your own. I subbed several shows on my own and some in small teams, but as you said, I have the “luxury” of subbing in a language that nobody here is really craving, so I can afford a bit of delay. That said, even I have felt pressured sometimes, so I can totally imagine how hard it must have been for you. :bouquet:

I didn’t mean to complain but I think you would agree with me that 9 out of 10 comments about subbers are complaints not compliments. I have noticed that there are too many dramas and not enough qualified English subbers which makes the English subbers become more choosy about the project and the team they are wiling to be a part of. It is very unfortunate about Delayed Justice because it is a really good drama but I see that the rating dropped down to 8.1 already probably because of the subtitles, or rather the lack of.