What are you currently watching?

I’m watching ‘Are you human too?’ Sure, it can be unrealistic but it’s intense and I’m really enjoying it. There’s only 36 episodes, and I’m up to episode 32 at the moment, so I’m nearing the end ): but there’s still a lot to wrap up in the drama. I binged watched most of it today since Halloween was on Saturday for me and I had nothing else to do. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

if you really want to watch it, it’s usually there on some other site on the internet :sweat_smile:

I gave up AYHT exactly at 32 two months ago, the story is indeed interesting but I just couldn’t catch it. There are only 4 episodes left, so if I get time, I might spend this Halloween night with AYHT.
I hope it ends good. :grin:

1 Like

a good one to watch!

I just started Delayed Justice. Apparently it’s based on a true story. I am only half way through the first episode but I have a feeling it’s going to be a really good one. Unfortunately, there are no subtitles yet because they don’t seem to have any Ko-Eng subbers on the team. I think unless Viki does something to raise the morale of the subbers they will continually face a shortage of qualified subbers.

2 Likes

I am not sure I am putting this on the right place, but here goes, strarted watching a drama on NF story about India and their battles, sorry don’t remember the name, but it is a new one that came ouit. my question, the people that dance those dances, why do they wear thosl long fingernails? and those long head dresses? ok maybe I should google it, but thought this would be a better way

angelight, you are soooo right, loved the ending!! now hopefully 2nd season, maybe?? ane yes a hint for sure!! (zombie detective)

1 Like

I heard about their lack of subbers. Maybe you can help them out? :slight_smile:

Not in mine either. Probably cause it’s a Kocowa-show, so only people with a Viki Pass Plus (those living in North or South America) can see it.

They’ve been sending me messages but I don’t want to get into the same situation I had with ZD where I ended up doing the bulk of the English translations and because I knew that the viewers were not going to wait for editing I had to do a lot of editing myself which made the translations even more tedious and slow. I already told the CM that Delayed Justice will need TE and Ko-Eng subbers who are not only fluent in both Korean and English but also somewhat familiar with courtroom procedures and understand the dry sense of humor. I am qualified to do all that but I cannot commit myself to a project when I might be the only subber and there is no TE. For OL translators at least there is less of time pressure but Ko-Eng subbers are constantly made aware of how slow our translations are and many times the Subtitle Team page is misleading because we may have half a dozen to a dozen English translators listed on the cover page but not all of them contribute. As I said in one of my earlier posts, Viki needs to do something to raise morale of the translators if they want to keep the qualified ones from getting burnt out.

5 Likes

Now I’m starting to wonder again why the subathon was only about Chinese and Taiwanese shows if Korean shows are also in lack of translators. :thinking:
But I can totally understand you don’t want to do it on your own. I subbed several shows on my own and some in small teams, but as you said, I have the “luxury” of subbing in a language that nobody here is really craving, so I can afford a bit of delay. That said, even I have felt pressured sometimes, so I can totally imagine how hard it must have been for you. :bouquet:

3 Likes

I didn’t mean to complain but I think you would agree with me that 9 out of 10 comments about subbers are complaints not compliments. I have noticed that there are too many dramas and not enough qualified English subbers which makes the English subbers become more choosy about the project and the team they are wiling to be a part of. It is very unfortunate about Delayed Justice because it is a really good drama but I see that the rating dropped down to 8.1 already probably because of the subtitles, or rather the lack of.

4 Likes

yeah, there HAVE been a LOT of new kdramas being uploaded over here! Please don’t overwork yourselves, we’ll all just watch the old gold ones and hidden gems! :grin:
I just wish other viewers not part of the community would understand what’s happening. I’m not even a subber anymore but I get so frustrated reading all those mean comments and low ratings by people who have no idea what is going on. I actually feel like PMing each one of them and yelling at them but most of the time it’s Viki’s own fault for not making things clear…people with the Viki Pass think they should be able to watch anything and everything anytime…
PS: It’s okay to flag sub-whining reviews as inappropriate, right?
Ko-Eng subbers FIGHTING!!! We are really grateful!:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

About to start watching the Norwegian horror movie Kadaver:skull_and_crossbones: :norway:

2 Likes

Is there some sort of hold-up over the team for 18 Again? Because Birthcare Centre already has an entire team and its not even out yet while 18 Again is still waiting for a CM??

1 Like

Aa, however I found it on ntflx :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just finished Zombie detective, wow what an ending! now wonder if theres a 2nd season

2 Likes

That’s another thing I have noticed. Because subbers have many choices, you see some popular dramas, such as 9 tailed or certain web/idol dramas, where there is an overabundance of subbers and then there are less popular but really good dramas like 18 Again and Delayed Justice that get overlooked. Also, there seem to be subgroups within the volunteer community that like to work together and I don’t blame them because I would prefer to work with people I can count on as well. As to 18 Again, I am baffled why a CM is not chosen already.

4 Likes

watching one on nf, sosodadalala or whatever, really a change of pace, really a good one too, oh yeah Voice 2! just started so not going to give anything out till I watch at least the first episode. hope it’s going to be good! watching tale of the 9 tailed, imperial doctress, thought I would try & finish it this week going to try and catch up on some other dramas Ihaven’t finished.

2 Likes

That’s an interesting title! :rofl:

I’m still watching the shows I mentioned earlier. Today only the latest episodes of Nobles Boys and 2 concerts, though.

1 Like