What are you currently watching?

stopped watching after I saw that every single character had those new Samsung flip phones​:joy::woman_facepalming: so idk how it really is

1 Like

#Phone ringing#
@vivi_1485: Hello?
Caller: We’d like to offer you a job
@vivi_1485: What kind of job?
Caller: a job in Korea. We’ll pay for your living expenses.
@vivi_1485: Cool! When can I start?
Caller: Next week.
@vivi_1485: Great! I’ll start packing. By the way, what’s your company’s name?
Caller: Samsung.
@vivi_1485: Nevermind. #hangs up#

4 Likes

I watched the first episode of Birthcare Center last night and I think it has a potential. @vivi_1485, apparently Viki still hasn’t gotten the license for 18 Again. I am also waiting for Awaken as well. Namgoog Min is another one of my favorite actors.

3 Likes

what?!! then why does it say they’re looking for a CM? :sob:

oh good! can’t wait!

oh come on it’s not THAT bad​:joy::joy: just in this one EVERYONE had those phones that it got on my nerves…i liked the 2019 dramas where they would share their battery by placing the phones one on top of each other…specially in Touch Your Heart its sooo cute!:heart_eyes::joy:
i’d DEF take the job!:joy: it’s SAMSUNG

3 Likes

Ok, for those of you who are fans of both Yoo Seung Ho and Ji Chang Wook, check out Warrior Baek Dong Soo. It’s a historical drama with a sad ending but I think it’s definitely worth checking out.

3 Likes

Off course :slight_smile: it’s awesome a love triangle with hidden and even straight forward feelings :heart:it’s good :slight_smile:

1 Like

Would it even be in the Coming Soon list if they didn’t have a license? :thinking:
And I thought shows without license all had this standard picture:
afbeelding

The Coming Soon section will probably always remain a mystery, though. Some shows are in limbo for months, while others already have a team the minute they show up on the page.

3 Likes

I am not sure how it works but I think we have the standard picture when a fan channel is created and when Viki knows (or has an agreement with the provider) that they will get the license the picture changes but it takes time to actually secure the license for each region.:woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

I guess it also has to do with the date of the license. Maybe the country of origin or another party has “first rights” and Viki needs to wait til after the other party has broadcasted it in some cases. So they might sign a contract now, yet have to wait till May before they can air the show. In that case the show might be in the coming soon section for half a year. :thinking:

4 Likes

You are probably right. @vivi_1485, we will have 18 Again on Viki but it might not be until after it has aired in Korea (and some illegal sites).:worried:

3 Likes

We had this with The Legend of Xiao Chuo which was maybe more than 10 months in the Coming Soon section and now we got the first 4 eps without a big announcement ^^’ So it’s no wonder when the first 2-3 days the eps were still at 0% because nobody wasn’t prepared.

5 Likes

What exactly is the meaning of “A Viki Original”?? I thought it was that Viki produces it or something, but I’m not sure because Knowing Bros/Ask Us Anything is listed as a Viki Original, but it’s distributed by JTBC and produced by SM C&C…
And I also thought that Viki Originals are usually completely subbed very quickly, but this one has a lot of random eps that have 0% subs and random eps that have 100% subs?

1 Like

I’m a solo k/c drama fan and I’m currently watching First Romance, Tale of the Nine Tailed, More than Friends, and The Girl Who Sees Smells. I’m almost done with Cheese in the Trap, Hotel Del Luna, and It’s Okay to not be Okay. My current list of watched Dramas is growing daily. I don’t know anyone near me that also enjoys the Dramas so I kinda hope to find someone else to chat with about them. My husband is kinda sick of hearing about all the love triangles.

6 Likes

Welcome to the community!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Hope you have fun here, don’t worry, we’re a group of fans who’ll never get tired of drama-discussing :joy::grin:
SEVEN dramas at once??!!:scream: I think you’ve set a new record!! Would you recommend “The Girl Who Sees Smells”?? The plot seems REALLY interesting!

3 Likes

From what I understood it’s made exclusively for Viki. But maybe not entirely exclusive. Maybe exclusive in certain regions? Like JTBC gave Viki special rights?

4 Likes

I thought onTV + viki first, not yet on Netflix or others (?). But I’m not sure.

There is a difference between “coming soon” and “not available in your region”, I guess. See “True beauty” vs. “Love is sweet”.

I’m constantly watching “Falling into you”, “More than friends” and “Tale of the nine tailed”.
In-between “Melting me softly” just now. I like Ji Chang Wook better there than in “Healer” or “Suspicious partner” etc.

3 Likes

You might be right. On tv in the country of origin and on Viki for other parts of the world.

3 Likes

@vdrogers_925_901, welcome to the community! As you can see, you will have plenty of people to talk with about dramas here. If you have favorite actors or actresses, we can also make recommendations for you as well since there is a high probability that one of us has seen the drama you are considering watching.:blush:

5 Likes

The Girl Who Sees Smells is actually alot better than I thought it would be. It has alot of suspense/Thriller story arks. My list of Dramas that I’ve seen is pretty long. I’ve watched about 40+ dramas since March of this year. I actually have a book I keep with a list and personal thoughts and ratings on all the Dramas I watch. I guess I’m a little weird but it’s my main hobby.

7 Likes

I don’t think that’s weird at all. It’s actually a great idea! :sunglasses:

3 Likes