What are you currently watching?

I am watching ‘Dae Jo Young’. It’s about a man living in the 7th century who will become the first king of Balhae, a new kingdom that was made after the old kingdom of Goguryeo was destroyed by Tang China.

The series is really interesting to me, because I never knew a kingdom of Balhae existed. I only knew about Goryeo and Joseon. Even though the show has 134 episodes, each episode is interesting and makes sense to the plot. Sometimes the plot is a little slow, but there are a lot of major events and it wouldn’t make sense to have them solved within 2 or 3 episodes.
I think it’s a good series to watch for anyone that’s interested in Korean history.

5 Likes

Descendants of the Sun.
I know it’s kinda late, but I just couldn’t get myself to watch that sooner. In general the story is interesting, but I am so stressed when some bad things are happening, I just cannot watch it at night :laughing: I guess after watching a lot of chill dramas I became more vulnerable to stress hahah. I don’t know how am I supposed to live, when now kdramas are making me feel so stressed :joy:

2 Likes

Lately I’ve been watchin’ variety shows. I’m in love with the babies from “The return of the superman”, they are sooooooooo cute and funny!

1 Like

Midnight Runners right!

1 Like

I am currently watching Doctor Prosecutor. To say it is excellent is an extreme understatement. In fact, I would say that, thanks to the people who chose it to show on Viki, the fans who have given it their support, and the subbers who have done the best work I have seen so far on a Viki show . . .

Doctor Prosecutor is in my view the most perfect show I have ever seen since I started watching Asian dramas on the Internet ten years ago.

A lot has changed since then in terms of what gets showcased–clothing styles, length of individual episodes, types of dramas most requested, popularity of actors.

But I feel just the way I did after watching some event in the Olympics when I was a little girl.

I give everybody a perfect score. TEN!

The combination of four genres (the hospital drama, the police procedural, the courtroom drama, and the family drama) is in my opinion seamless.

The acting of a whole group of actors and actresses whom I admire appears flawless.

The feeling of excitement I now have because I have discovered a show truly binge-worthy is probably going to be endless. Well, my friends will probably find ME endlessly “cringe-worthy” as I talk for the rest of my life about how good Doctor Prosecutor is.

But thanks are certainly due to the show’s team members (working “behind the scenes” as well as “on camera”) for creating what is in my book truly the first perfect drama I have seen on Viki.

Others may have a different opinion, and that is a beautiful thing. We learn from others’ opinions.

But in my estimation, as an entire Viki project, the presentation of Doctor Prosecutor is worthy of a fan club all its own.

[My inner fan girl as found on Giphy.com]

1 Like

thanks for the review, excited to check it out after my schedule gets less crazy!! :grin:
currently quickly watching Shopaholic Louis for a break, all i can say is AWWWWWW :slight_smile: its a little cliche but for a change the “cute SML” stereotype gets the FL instead of overbearing boss(even though he’s actually a chaebol prince but whatever kdramas will be kdramas and we love 'em for that). I’m thoroughly enjoying it, it’s one of the good amnesia dramas! It’s a lot like 100 Days My Prince, even the FL is the same, but I’m enjoying this one way more than 100DMP…there’s just something so endearing about the clueless, lovable, loyal character of Shopping King Louis.

1 Like

Yuri Or Another.

It seems not bad! I want to give it a try!
I typed it on Google and they show “Doctor Prisoner”, is it this one? Or is it “Doctor Detective”?

1 Like

yeah, it shows Doctor Prisoner for me too…must be this one, but neither of them are available in my region so😭

1 Like

Started watching “the Song of Glory”
I have finished the third episode, And I am surprised how much action happens at the beginning… :flushed: Where does that end?!..
Of course I will watch " the Wolf" on the side
Li Qin is a wonderful actress and so changeable
She shows facets :astonished: great :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Tell us how you liked the drama :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I have finished it and I loved everything about the plot :blush:

2 Likes

@rose_shn What I will do :slight_smile: It is already really good now :grinning:

1 Like

Private lives and resumed NIF2

1 Like

You finished Private Lives? What a dumb ending so pissed. Why ruin something that was going so well? Not funny at all. Is a good non tragic ending but really?

2 Likes

I just saw the ending :expressionless:
Apparently they are setting up for season 2, but it would’ve been nice to know that beforehand.
I just looked at the screen and went… well, that was a waste of time, but I felt that since episode 14? (can’t remember where exactly). If I had know it would be a “to be continued…” I would’ve waited till season 2 was up :sob:

Edit: it’s not a waste of time to watch the series, it’s interesting enough. I just feel a bit betrayed :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I felt let down with the ending for Private Lives as well. Even if they are setting up for a second season, it was a weak way to end this season. I still enjoyed the show though. I think I will start watching Start Up now since many of you seem to like it.

2 Likes

Hahah I was thinking the same

1 Like

well everyone, I am trying to catch up, a day and a half without copmputer, no access on internet, even my phone not able to do anything. so yeah catch up!!
and you want to know what I am watching?
1 gotta finish 9 tailed fox
2 again rich man poor woman
3 detective of ming dynasty, loved it the first time, watching it again
4 thinking of watching dr cutie
5 the wolf
6 secret criminal
7 two cops again! thought it was a good watch
8 of course firey priest
then I will find some of the newer ones to watch as well
i

I think I will watch that start up

3 Likes

I’m watching The Uncanny Encounter (ghost/superpowers), and CALL movie with Park Shin Hye, who seems to be doing a lot of action packed, thriller movies. This one Call And ALIVE are two of her best performance although she was great in Memories of Alhambra.

I want so bad to see action packed dramas here since I’m so fed up with romantic dramas and same boring and annoying to me (piggy back rides for drunken girl). Rich CEO and poor dumb girl. I guess I can really pick them a mile away lol

1 Like

@choitrio&@feyfayer

Once you start watching START UP, you’ll be hooked. I was up at the crack of dawn waiting to see it (this drama they wait around 11 am US Eastern time to have it subbed). Today’s episode was as good as the first one. I am so desperate bc this is one ending that will have me on edge: you’ll see why when you start watching. ENJOY!

PS. My exact sentiment: PL, even if they wanted to do a second season (I highly doubt, it will be any time soon bc the virus is at dangerous levels right now in SK), and I read here in an US article, that they have put on hold all new dramas to protect the actors). Anyway, they could have ruin the honeymoon and not the wedding. I was so angry for a few hours with that ending lol.

3 Likes