What are you currently watching?

@frustratedwriter, hope you had a nice Thanksgiving.:blush: My son and I really enjoyed Fiery Priest. I fell in love with Honey Lee. I didn’t know that she was the 3rd place runner up for 2007 Miss Universe and that she attended the prestigious Seoul University. She also happens to be a classical musician. Beauty, brain and talent, she’s got it all.
@angelight313_168, lately I find myself preferring action/comedy over the cliche romance as well. While I am waiting for Namgoong Min’s Awaken to start, I can probably finish Start Up and Call. Thanks for the recommendation.

3 Likes

well y’all I finished ,christmas chronicles 2, that is a cute drama, I really think the kids would love it. as for this “kid at heart” loved it. now heres a secret, Kirt was my crush at age of about 10, he played in Jamie Mcfeters adventures (or travels) so I do try to watch him when he is in a movie or whatever. yes this one was a good one!!

yes I loved Honey Lee, that was a good drama for her. oh and did have a very nice thanksgiving, great to visit, but no place like home!

3 Likes

i really think you’re getting all the wrong dramas! there are just so many amazing ones out there, it’s been a looooong time since I’ve seen those scenes! The best way to get good reccs is from Soompi and @lutra and the others here🥰 I’ve also started liking thrillers and con-artist dramas, and there are a LOT here at Viki

4 Likes

So I started watching Start Up and I am really enjoying it. My daughter is a computer science major and she participates in hackathons so it was interesting to get the “inside” view.

6 Likes

For some reason Viki or the algorithm suggested me to watch “Sence of a woman”. Although I am a little bit old-fashioned, sometimes, I thought by myself: ‘Oh, isn’t it a little bit old?’
But I was very astonished. The actors played very naturally. They wore summer dresses all time and weren’t dolled up like that. The product placement was not that intrusive. There was a short, beautiful and highly erotic dance scene and so on.

Am I just imagine that all? Anyway, I’m watching now “Personal Taste” and probably “Iljimae”, too.

2 Likes

Hmm … I don’t think I ever got any show suggestions from Viki (nor their algorithms) …
I get it from YT, NF, etc., but Viki? :thinking:

2 Likes

I guess it was “Binge-worthy shows we love” or so. But you maybe right.

And yes, dramas suddenly pop up on Nf, so that I no longer know whether I should watch them here or there? If only it were previously unlicensed series …

2 Likes

Oh, that. Yes, I’ve seen that. But no specific suggestions because I watched a certain show.

NF does have some shows that are on Viki but unavailable for some of us. As long as I can watch it on Viki, I do so, but otherwise … :wink:

2 Likes

The first episode was very hard to watch, but by second episode everything goes so flawless. Next weekend will be the ending, so I’m hoping they ‘‘don’t smear it’’ like they tend to do with endings lately. I’m hoping for the best ending ever.

I wonder why Suzy who is a great singer didn’t do the theme song in this drama. Her voice matches perfectly with OST in the drama. She has lost so much weight I’m hoping she gains some back.

2 Likes

Finally

3 Likes

A MUST WATCH!

3 Likes

oh no, ‘Personal Taste’ IMO was not very good at all, it was my first Lee Min Ho drama and I had LMH, Kim Ji Seok and Son Ye Jin trauma after that, as some people here already know :joy: Especially LMH, he’s such a popular actor from the highest ‘Oppa Squad’(lol :crazy_face:) but I’ve been trying to get myself to give him another chance for months now
The drama takes embarrassment to a whole new level, I was cringing most of the time. The arcs weren’t even all that interesting, and the SML seemed obsessive at one point. I had to force myself to complete it. :persevere:
all in all, Personal Taste leaves a bad aftertaste and I wouldn’t even rate it, but this is my own opinion.:sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, I’m about to skip again. I meant the more natural style.

2 Likes

Now I’m going to give The Good Doctor a try (first ep).
I saw the first season of the US-adaptation on TV, liked all about it, the cast, the idea (haha) … then I read that it was adapted.
I wish I’d seen the original before the adaptation.

3 Likes

The original is really good. You will like it. I heard the US adaptation isn’t.

3 Likes

The storyline is 1:1 the same, I already know what happens. In the adaptation, the plot could be blown out a bit and could be a little bit over the top, since they needed stuff fore more than one season. It is certainly difficult to play someone with autism, but (now) I am a little bit closer to the korean actor.

2 Likes

yo estoy viendo " El es psicometrico" me gusta por que me encanta los thirllers

3 Likes

@vigy500_813

Es fantástico el drama y aparte que hay partes que hacen brincar a uno, es más emocionante todavía.

2 Likes

si, me impresiono la parte donde el hermano del prota sufria alexitimia

2 Likes

Por mi madre santa nunca había oído ese término y me fascina todo lo relacionado con la ciencia. Los dramas aquí enseñan a uno a conocer palabras y problemas médicos no sabía yo que existían. jajajaja

Por cierto este drama se trata de lo mismo el personaje principal carece de emociones porque tuvo una operación en el cerebro que lo dejó así. No lo tienen todavía aquí en viki…:disappointed:
https://asianwiki.com/Stranger_(Secret_Forest)

1 Like