What are you currently watching?

thanks for the review, guess I won’t waste my time then…sad that both Park Bo Gum and Lee Dong Wook didn’t make very good comebacks :cry:
now anticipating Ji Chang Wook & Kim Ji Won’s new web series…really hope it’s good, I trust Kim Ji Won more than Ji Chang Wook with picking good dramas though lol

2 Likes

I’m currently watching MAMA 2020

And yesterday I watched MMA 2020:

4 Likes

and I love each and every one, they are my adopted young’uns!!

1 Like

I must say,the uncanny counter is awesome, also the silent criminal, fantastic! twists and turns, and a mystery solved. at least thats 2 that has gotten my interest, finished the silent criminal today.

@Dudie, thanks for sharing, although MAMA 2020 seems inaccessible. I thought MMA was Mixed Martial Arts, lol. Now I know.

@frustratedwriter, you have been adopted by many here at Viki.:blush:

1 Like

I didn’t watched 9 tailed bc I don’t like the male lead acting. This guy has a Frozen face that has no emotions. Muscle paralysis due to many plastic surgery? I saw a drama where he was a baseball player and I had to stop bc I felt a robot and not a human was doing this drama. To give him a second chance I TRIED to watch Hotel? (can’t remember titles) had to stop bc he’s incapable of showing emotions and I hate that in dramas when there’s suppose to be a romantic scene.

Oh, forgot to mentioned they never give him a drama where he connects to it. I didn’t watch GOBLIN bc of him. What you didn’t like about 9 tail? bad acting? Bad ending? Bad story?

1 Like

Just finished watching Strongest Delivery Man. Love the ending. Highly recommend you watch this different kind of drama.

5 Likes

@choitrio yes I see MAMA is set on private now but maybe it will be back soon. With MMA it was first streamed live, after that it was on private and now you can watch it again.

But for MAMA you can see all performances on the mnet YT channel, if you want all the speeches and stuff you must wait and hopefully they set the stream to public again.

3 Likes

Just a summary, what happened to her family what caused their death,oh and why really wasnt clear,

as for bad ending, repeated the drama about episode 8 or so, a summary ofgeach episode! to the 13th!! at first the story was a good one and went downhill fast. the o0lder guy that played the villan, he just isn’t villan material,

as for the frozen face in Goblin, I thought that is what a Goblin would look like. e head guy and maybe in a way bad story, liker I said, I was expecting a lot from it. and I wasn’t going to do that!! tell it…

2 Likes

No In GOBLIN his frozen face was fine it was the deep burgundy lipstick I couldn’t deal with lmao

1 Like

hehehehehe oh yeah, that was discussed some time ago in another place here, maybe why do they wear lipstick or something like that

1 Like

aww thank you.

2 Likes

Strongest Delivery Man is where I discovered Ko Kyung Pyo. He was also in Chicago Typewriter with Yoo Ah In, two of my favorite actors.

2 Likes

He has to be the BEST KISSER in korean dramas history. I envy those actress so much and I wish I had a time machine go back in time freeze him until I get my knockout body I had and decent looking face to SK, and by some kind of miracle I’m an actress there playing as FL with him as ML doing a kissing scene in all 16 episodes hahahahaha. Too much to ask…eh?. It doesn’t hurt to dream a little.

Joke aside, the kissing scenes he has done so far are very real looking, unlike those frozen in time tap kisses that drive me insane in anger and disappointment that for 7 years not much improvement has been done in that department. Now with this virus you don’t even get kissing scenes in the finale (is fine with me since is for their own safety) But when they had the chance to show improvement there, they didn’t ugh.

2 Likes

Ok, I finished Start Up and I must admit that I had a bit of Second Lead Syndrome so I ended up skipping a lot towards the end. Overall, it was pretty good I thought.

4 Likes

didn’t watch MMAs, but watched MAMA live! I enjoyed the stages and performances, wow they were really breathtaking, couldn’t believe it was a stage, it was like a magical other dimension! :star_struck::star_struck:
as for the awards part of it, I don’t really enjoy them much anymore, no suspense since BTS has zero competition :neutral_face:

1 Like

have you watched him in Touch Your Heart? He takes on the role of a cold lawyer who falls for a quirky-cute actress, lots of people did say he seemed too cold but (I didn’t really think that) the whole point of the drama was to see him thaw out and I think he did that really nicely. The characters around him were also written so well, it made his thawing out all the more funnier. It’s like everyone’s goofiness slowly rubbed off on him until he too became as crazy as the rest of them-- in court he’s this cool, amazing lawyer, and outside he’s teased relentlessly by his best friend about how clueless he is about romance :grin: the other lawyers are all really funny too, I’ve watched the series about three times now. :sweat_smile:
I watched it once with my mum though, and she said the actress (played by Yoo In Na also from Goblin) was too childish, maybe you might also see her that way…however for me, the drama really did it’s job-- touched my heart! :two_hearts:
wow I’ve written a lot,sorry :sweat_smile: just felt sorry you didn’t enjoy Lee Dong Wook’s acting

5 Likes

lol It so happens I don’t like the girl (yoona) acting. I feel those two don’t have what it takes to be actor/actress. BUT that’s my opinion many ppl love her and I respect that. I only liked her in The Minister and I? I couldn’t watch K2 although the ML is one of my favorite actor. I also don’t like the guy with the psychotic laugh Jang Hyuk and many ppl love him but i can’t stand his acting no matter how much i like the actress I can’t watch the drama. He was paired with the girl from PARASITE, and i love her acting but paired with him I couldn’t watch it. When I watch a drama I have to like the couple paired in the drama, and see the chemistry in their eyes, touch etc…The romance/love has to be believable and certain couples don’t make it in my list.

It may be all fake but it has to look/feel real to me.

2 Likes

I was heartbroken about second lead until the moment I saw no interest in him for her. His main obsession was to repay the old lady what he felt he owed her. . For ‘‘3’’ years he had the chance to make his move on Dal-mi, and he waits until the other guy comes back to buy her a gift? That did it for me.

To be honest with you, she matched more as a couple with ML than second lead. When he enters that event, and the lights dimmed and this tall good looking boy was walking towards her; I said that’s it! He’s the one for her! I watched every episode twice (Except episode 1 too painful to watch/once was more than enough!).

What I liked about this drama was that it was more about the competitive push for their triumph careerwise, than the romantic aspect in the drama. This young guy is also very good in the kissing scenes and suzy’s acting has improved 110% just like IU. I personally don’t like too young theme dramas but this one was more than a 10 for me.

3 Likes

Maybe I missed quite a bit by skipping too much. I did enjoy the business side of the story more anyway. My daughter participates in hackathons and her dream is to work for the AI division of Tesla so I found that aspect of the story very interesting.

3 Likes