What are you currently watching?

I liked Lee Dong Wook best in Scent of a Woman, if only because of the tango scene, see below.

2 Likes

Normally I don’t watch awardshows but now I was like let’s watch. And yes I so liked all the stages, even when I didn’t like the artists enjoyed watching the stage and everything that was happening. For some awards where I thought BTS would win too Twice or Seventeen won. But yes BTS won 8 times and Suga’s collab with IU won too. While I was watching it I was chatting with others who where watching too which was fun.

2 Likes

E7 of Train. Pretty good series so far, the production quality is high, good acting. The story is tbh the worst part, multiple dimensions and time-travel type of scifi stories are not my jam, but so far I have been hooked.

1 Like

That was a good, but different kdrama. Usually kdrama involves more of the elite society.

3 Likes

Yes scent of a woman, awesome story, hey I liked the dancing!

so I will start delivery man, again so long he doesn’t turn into a prince, I will be fine

1 Like

I think that’s why I loved every episode of that drama. I watched on ntfx don’t know if they have it here, and if they do i hope ppl take the time to watch a very good drama with funny parts that I love even more.

1 Like

You know i never knew such thing as Hackathons existed? No wonder we have so many young kids billionaires, owners of their own company. I’m glad they showing young ppl that you can be a CEO of your own company and don’t need to be old and gray. I wish the best for your daughter and i hope she gets good pointers from watching the drama.

3 Likes

Thank you! I told her to watch it if she has time. It is amazing what young people are capable of doing nowadays. My friend’s son who is in his second year at Harvard already has 2 patents under his belt, lol.

2 Likes

I finished watching one, that I really passed by, didn’t think it would be any good, well we have watched Goblin and that other one on NF, and a ffew more on grimreaper(Black) this is called Irish Punch, about an hour &1/2 there abouts, one actor I don’t see much of, but still was a good one. its here on Viki as well. Just something different too

1 Like

I posted this video in “The odd things K-Dramas taught me about Korea!” thread but I thought it would be fun to share with you in this thread as well.

2 Likes

It’s so funny you posted this here bc in the drama START UP all you hear is English words, and I was about to ask you if is possible that they don’t have a Korean word, and they have to say it in their ‘‘broken english?’’

I always hear handepohn for cell phones. I clearly hear the word hand but the rest is like what? They should find a way to resolve that bc they should have a korean word for cell phone w/o using an english word. They need to update their words using korean only bc the combo doesn’t sound right at all bc some have a real hard time pronouncing the english part.

3 Likes

Especially in the tech or fashion business, you will hear Koreans speak as much in English as in Korean. As you pointed out, the “Konglish” sometimes makes it more difficult for English speakers to understand but unfortunately it is a trend that is not about to go away anytime soon.

2 Likes

i think you got mixed up a little there-- Touch Your Heart’s FL is Yoo In Na(Sunny from Goblin), not Yoona :sweat_smile: Even I didn’t enjoy Yoona’s acting in K2, felt like even her character wasn’t written properly.
kW6rwc

yeah, they call it ‘hand-phone’, it’s their name for it in English. I think the Korean word is ‘전화기’(jeonhwagi) but I hardly hear it used except in verb form ‘to call someone’. Sometimes English words are used more commonly even when there are native-language words for it-- we used to have a lot of fun in Hindi classes when our teacher told us the native Hindi words for things we have always used English words for!

3 Likes

Google Translator should work well on a Wikipedia site.

Btw: What about 화이팅 ? What about autobahn, kindergarten, wanderlust (brrr), pretzel, Hamburger, doppelganger?

3 Likes

my Google translator works just fine, thats how i interpert some of these languages on here! neat to know!
autobahn= hjghway interesting
kindegarten, vanderlust
so many different words and all

Mobile phone | designation
As a common name for the newly introduced GSM mobile phones, the term “mobile phone” became established in German colloquial language from around 1992. The word “mobile phone”, which is often used in Germany, is a pseudo-Anglicism since in English-speaking countries it is used almost exclusively as an adjective (“practical, convenient, handy”) and not as a name for a mobile phone. Some - such as the Association of German Language - recommended the Germanized spelling Händi, which is al …

Finished NIF2.
Re-watching Kantaro :laughing:
And started to watch Familiar wife

Edit: and it seemed so familiar, I realize I already watched it :laughing:

Moving on to Start Up :blush:

2 Likes

ok y’all I did request this, but how come Viki doesn’t get the license for this. been a long time since I have watched it

Queen In Hyun’s Man

2 Likes

Well, I don’t know what ‘‘vibes’’ this dancing scene gave you, but I saw this years ago bc I like the actress acting (but in funny roles only) not serious one, so this dance thing didn’t do anything for me but ugh…he didn’t exude sexiness but that ridiculous serious face that is getting old on him. What i’m trying to say he doesn’t make me feel he’s sexy, romantic etc…but a robot like guy. I always thought he was a very depressed person (I need to see him laughing) if you have a scene like that please share it with me.

PS>>>>>
UPDATE:

I saw him laughing in a spoiler article about the nine tail drama. Finally I see him laughing! Not once but twice. He lost so much weight and he looks cuter with meat on his bones lol

HERE IT IS…
https://www.soompi.com/article/1441977wpp/all-the-closure-we-needed-in-the-finale-of-tale-of-the-nine-tailed

2 Likes

I do agree about him, the dance is like what that old man said (a dance for lovers) I was just fascinated in the dance. wonder what caused him to have those facial features like that. y’know theres a disease that also causes that

watching twqo cops, well at least finishing it, think I started it a month ago and just didn’t finish the third go-around, the firey priest again. and a few more older ones

1 Like

I’m watching on NTFX a lot of Thai horror/Ghost stories (movies), and as scary as they are I just love them on my large screen TV. It makes everything more real and the thrill of fear is weirdly my fave thing lately. They don’t show gory stuff so is not that bad.
I Love watching here this drama but I’m letting them sub the whole thing bc I HATE waiting for subs when the drama is of my liking.

2 Likes