What are you currently watching?

I found [What happened to Mr. Cha] terrible. Once I started seeing: How his hand falls on the dog crap and he falls into that filthy mud I was enraged bc I hate dirty scenes like that to me, there’s nothing funny in those scenes. The dumb excuse to risk his life and how the phone was far from him and magically appears ringing next to him ugh!. What possessed me to watch until the end? I want to yank my hairs! The ending was worse than the whole story together.

[RUN ON] My apologies if I recommended this drama is the most lame drama I had to watch (gave it a thumbs down) The ML guy with gestures that look like a dog when it hears strange noises or staring at space like he was zoned out. What is going on? Looks can not forgive bad acting.

Now, I’m watching “crush landing on you” and this is awesome !! It diservers its success :blush:
After, I’m planning to watch abyss or start up.

4 Likes

I forgot tgo tell y’all something, Awaken , the old doctor,(Kim Chan Wan) walking down the hallway, now I am sure some of you folks didn’t hear it. But he was whistling Home,Home on the range, which is an old american song!

3 Likes

we discussed and quite lengthy about AI’S some time back, here I am going to discuss one today, called Almost Human, this was made some years ago,

do remember watching some of it, so thought I would start this one today, loved the scenes, and the computers they had , awesome, did like the AI as well, yeah keep us straight!! he was an older version of what they had and the older version had more"sense" than the ones they have. its really good if anyone is into this type of drama

2 Likes

and then on into the future!!!.

DATA, anyone remember what it meant?

1 Like

Just finished Dr. Romantic, and I am speechless :exploding_head::star_struck: loved it so much, this is one gem of a medical drama!!!
The first episode was such a rollercoaster, SO many things happened in that ONE episode that was completely sucked in from the start.

5 Likes

have you seen #2? the original cast isnt in it, andf it lost its flavor for me, but still a good watch

1 Like

I just cannot believe how far we have gotten, a close proximity, the AI’S the self-driving cars and so on. wow, amazing. the other shows aBOUT ai’s just doesn’t get close to this one!

I think I put something on laugh for the day about Alex, still amazing though. a computer illiterate world, go figure. oh yeah I spelled it that way and what I want to share I will put it elsewhere

y’all have a great day!! and I am going to binge watch

thanks I needed to know that, was planning to watch it today as well as the others.

1 Like

Hiii!!! :smile:
I’m currently watching “Dr. Romantic” and I have absolutely no idea how I never saw this drama before! It’s spicey, emotional, medically interesting and the cast is driving me nuts! :no_mouth: Everyone is so talented on screen, everyone is talened off sceen! The musuc effects and OST are beautiful! I love how compassionate the characters are and how they’re bringing up everyone together :heart:
Can’t wait for S2 and S3!
I’m so happy and excited for this discussions board idea! I know it’s old news to you guys but it’s brand new to me :no_mouth::see_no_evil:
It’s 7:40 am to me now literally and I haven’t slept all night :slightly_smiling_face: Gotta go doze off :sleeping:
Nighty/ Morning! :heart::heart::heart:
Have a good day! :heart_eyes::heart:

4 Likes

Even I just finished watching Dr. Romantic!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: There IS a season two with the same cast except the main couple…can’t wait to watch it next!!

Currently watching It’s Okay to Not Be Okay…lets hope it isn’t one more of those over-hyped ones, I’m really excited!

3 Likes

yeah! just found out theres a season 3!

2 Likes

I loved both Season 1 and 2. @vivi_1485 and @yasmine_hashem, I think you will enjoy Season 2. It has Ahn Hyo Seop, an absolute eye candy and Lee Sung Kyung from Weightlifting Fairy.

3 Likes

I am finishing Nine Tailed, Lost Romance, While You Were Sleeping, Legend Deep Blue Sea, Fated to Love You and Lawless Lawyer. Check out my collection and follow…

3 Likes

It’s not aired yet tho, I’m not sure when is the release date, do you have any idea?

I know! ^^ I’m so excited as I really like them both <3
I’m so excited to watch it ^^

1 Like

I think I’m going to abandon It’s Okay To Not Be Okay at episode 7 and switch to The Great Show…
THAT’S IT. I REFUSE to watch anything my friends recommend because I’ve been disappointed way too many times :persevere: thankfully I have all you amazing unnies’ recommendations; i love my friends, but their taste in k-dramas is just :expressionless:.
I felt like in IOTNBO, EVERYTHING except the storyline was amazing-- awesome cinematography, killer OST, really, really good acting by the entire cast–but the story was just lacking to me. I stopped at episode 7, so I’m open to anyone trying to change my mind, but in my very humble opinion, IOTNBO does not deserve the high place it got. The poor main lead should NOT have had to cope with TWO mentally ill people while not being okay himself–over that I got so frustrated when he left the only people who care for him and stuck by his side to go and live in that scary castle with two mental patients :woman_facepalming:
I know it got such high ratings because it was Kim Soo Hyun and the female lead was the arrogant one…people always say to think “Would this behaviour be acceptable if the arrogance was from the male?” and watch. NO. Injuring people like that, I wouldn’t tolerate from any male lead no matter how handsome he is.

It was mentally exhausting to watch, I wen crazy searching for a fluffy rom-com after that and found The Great Show, thanks to @lutra’s recc a long time ago.

7 Likes

:rofl: If you don’t want to watch it, you shouldn’t.

I actually like IOTNBO, more so for the characters and how they portray it and some of the writting, than the storyline or the romance :woman_shrugging: To me, IOTNBO portrays romance in a more realistic light though - people don’t always go for the person that is good to / for them, they might be attracted to someone who’s as broken or more broken than them, with disastrous consequences most of the time. The FL has ASPD, but the ML has those tendencies as well and a slight hero complex… but I’m rambling :laughing:. To a psych-major this was very interesting to watch and the actor who played the hyung was really great :blush:

3 Likes

The finale of Train :woman_facepalming:
Sigh…

Think I’ll go for an older drama next.

1 Like

@feyfayer

You are not rambling at all; you saw the things the way a person who knows ‘any psychology’ should see what the drama was really about. We live in a society where traumas during our childhood cause PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder). In the female character it caused aggressive behavior (due to the physical abuse by her mother). She learned from her mother to be possessive, controlling and authoritarian (things had to be done her way). we saw the consequences of what happened to the male lead’s mom by the FL mother, when she tried to protect the child and also tried to walk away from that horrible environment.

If I’m not mistaken you’re saying that @vivi_1485 is majoring in psychology? and in my opinion, this drama was so perfect to open up for discussion with her peers and professor. Why? It covered so many angles of the way the state of a person’s mind can be destroyed if instead of nurturing, the child receives abuse or at one point in their life they suffer a devastating traumatic experience (like his mentally challenge brother went through) this carried terrible consequences on to their adulthood. One of the worse factor was that they didn’t had the means or sources to receive some form of healing therapy and in the case of the FL she refused to seek medical guidance out of shame bc she did had the money to get counseling.

This drama and its content is very real; Men like the ML exist. Women like the FL, exist in real life. Sadly, we also have the other spectrum that suffers and can’t even speak out bc they have some form of handicap: The mentally challenge brother of the ML he was so sacrificing for him bc his brother didn’t had a voice that others could listen bc he was so traumatized when he himself saw the murder of their own mother (we later on see who the killer turn out to be: BIG blowout. But the biggest guilt the ML had was to want his brother to die bc he had to take care of him (he then instead became his slave for wishing him to die and almost causing his death The twist in the story, each ones actions brought terrible consequences in their life.

@vivi_1485 This drama ( if you are a psychology major or not is irrelevant) but it is your chance to concentrate deeply on it, and learn from it by putting your personal feelings aside. If you become a psychologist you will have to detach yourself from the pain and suffering you hear (see) from the patients, and if you can’t do that with this drama (not real life story) then you are choosing the wrong career. Of course, I know you have your life ahead of you, and I know might change your major 3 or 4 times. I did; I wanted to be an executive secretary but the typing caused so much pain in my hands I would cry every time I had to do the typing test to pass the course. I changed to Gerontology care but knew it wasn’t for me. I also wanted to be a paralegal; went to court rooms and did plenty of essays and research papers on that, but the cases shown in court became unbearable for me, so my counselor suggested I go for Bilingual Education which I stuck with.

So what I’m saying is, that if this drama doesn’t interest you or challenges you into analyzing things from another perspective then, it won’t benefit you from continuing watching it until the end. On the other hand, if you want to go more in depth as to learning and understanding both the ML and the FL from a psychological spectrum (their submission/aggressiveness etc) then, continue watching the drama and take notes to discuss or ask your professor or peers (classmates?) your doubts or feelings etc…or even here in discussion (although we’ll need to blur what we write bc it will be a spoiler in all sense of the word. This is one drama that I cried so much but was glad to see it had a FUNNY (to me) happy ending.

PS. I have one thing to say the drama was a bit grossly exaggerated (I’m not surprised at all) in some parts, but I ALSO have to add and praise the one who wrote the drama bc they did their research work when they wrote this drama. I was also saddened by the broadness/cruelty of the physical/mental abuse to the ML by the FL (she made it up to him down the road). But I was very happy that in the end, their life was entwined by fate (obsession’s of Asians writers) they found each other, and finally found true love and happiness forever and ever.

4 Likes