What are you currently watching?

I want to re-watch the movie before I give you the answer but the focus of this movie was the jurors.

By the way, since I know that you have NF, I strongly recommend Lupin. My boys and I loved the first season.

3 Likes

I’m gonna check Lupin out today thanks I’m running out of stuff to watch since I’m kind of picky with dramas/movies. I’m over the romantic stuff and they’re doing that so much lately.

I re-watched the movie and went through the scenes I based my guilty decision. In my opinion it was a temporary insanity homicide based on the fact that he had 5 prior accounts of violence. i don’t think it was intentional murder but when he attacked the social worker and jumped over the counter I didn’t doubt it he could also be able to use the hammer. The force in his hands send the hammer flying and hurting the Judge so the guy had strength enough to swing the hammer.

I believe the Judge declaring a not guilty verdict was so wrong on her part, and she should have requested another trial with different jurors. She should have requested outside experts to re evaluate the evidence bc I understood the DNA was not done of the blood found in the scene and the hammer.
[At trial, an acquittal occurs when the jury (or the judge if it’s a judge trial) determines that the prosecution hasn’t proved the defendant guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.]

There was in my opinion plenty of reasonable doubt of his guilt although I do agree it may have not been intentional or premeditated (that carries a longer sentence). I would have seek a temporary insanity charges so he could get into an asylum to receive the treatment he needed for his violent outburst. There was no reason for his aggressive behavior towards the social worker that was just trying to help him based on the conditions that had to be followed to receive the help with money they needed. He was able to get into a relationship and produce a child so he wasn’t naïve at all.

Now let’s hear your part bc I’m so eager to take away this feeling that he was guilty.

PS>The old lady was too short and the mannequin was too big so that test was a complete failure.
He was grabbing her by the legs so she wouldn’t fall?

2 Likes

Her Private Life. It has replaced Love O2O as my favorite go-to drama after watching something too disturbing in another drama, like The Rebel Princess. I look forward to the day they are done with all the episodes on that last one. Too many cliff-hangers for me. I love it but I just can’t handle it right now.

3 Likes

Ok, I will re-watch this today and we can discuss this maybe tonight or tomorrow. One thing you have to remember though is that in a criminal trial “reasonable doubt” is not enough for a conviction. I am not familiar with Korean law but if it’s similar to the US then…

“In a criminal case , the prosecution bears the burden of proving that the defendant is guilty beyond all reasonable doubt . This means that the prosecution must convince the jury that there is no other reasonable explanation that can come from the evidence presented at trial .”

1 Like

Kim Jae Wook!!! I love him from watching him just be the perfect waffle guy in Coffee Prince! Her Private Life is one of my all time re-watch favorites! The chemistry is electric with those two!

Man Candy Monday

4 Likes

You are so right! I still need to watch him in other things. I loved her in What is Wrong with Secretary Kim.

2 Likes

He was only a 2nd lead in Coffee Prince but he is SO gorgeous. I love Gong Yoo but I also found myself watching Kim Jae Wook whenever he came on film. He is also a singer and guitarist! He has not done very many main leads. He is a undiscovered gem!:green_heart:

Have you watched her in “I Will Go to You When the Weather is Nice” I actually LOVE that one!

2 Likes

Ok, I re-watched the Juror 8. I forgot how good it was. I think the judge made the right decision honoring the jury’s verdict. I don’t want to spoil the plot because I want more people to watch this great movie but I found juror 6 and the daughter to be more credible than the coroner and also there was no blood found on the hammer, and the handwriting on the post-it note and the confession do not match. One more thing, the hammer was found the day after the autopsy report.

4 Likes

Oh! I LOVEDS Kiss Goblin! It was so cute but so SHORT! They need season 2!

2 Likes

Were you aware that that movie is based on real events? They did a good job on that movie.

----% ------%

What I am WAITING Impatiently for is Seo Bok! It is a sci-fi thriller about the first human clone. Gong Yoo and Park Bo Geum is in it.

Also that Space Sweepers movie with Song Joong-ki which is supposed to be this FRIDAY!

Here’s a their article about it. THIS FRIDAY!

1 Like

this is true, he needed psychiatric help, but I still believe he’s not guilty of murder. He needed to control his violent outbursts, but they were always against people who were (in his mind) troubling his mom. He seemed to care a lot about her.
The daughter seemed to be a credible witness even though she’s his daughter…imo her grandma was like her mom because we see no mention of a mom around. I don’t think she would try to save her dad so badly, she seemed to be completely sure he hadn’t killed her.
I think he needs help, but he’s not a murderer.

I don’t think so. There have been lots and lots of scenes where stupid men embarrass themselves in dramas. No one looked down on her, she wasn’t weak or emotionally involved. Only that one sentence “Oh, she’s better than a man/ as good as a man” was like that but no one says anything hinting that she’s incapable, let alone comments on her being a woman.
If Juror 8 was a woman, it would be called a sexist movie by lots of people, but obviously, that isn’t the case. He was doubted and looked down upon because of his youth.

The test was a failure whichever way you look at it. He grabbed at whatever he could, he was quite far from her when she dropped herself so he would have desperately grabbed at anything.

This is all obviously my opinion, keep in mind that I like thinking everyone is innocent :sweat_smile:

Yes!! Both movies seem so interesting, hopefully, they’ll arrive here on Viki sometime.

I was aware, but I’m so confused…there was an english movie called 12 Angry Men with almost the very same plot so idk whether it’s a remake or based on real life…wait, what if the english movie was inspired by Korea? no way, it’s a 1980s movie while this happened later…

2 Likes

Bonjour à toutes et tous,

En ce moment je regarde " Un bout de ton esprit" drama coréen qui sort de l’ordinaire !

3 Likes

started watching Dinner Mate on a total whim…the OST came up on my playlist and Song Seung Hoon was on the cover and immediately my little ears perked up :joy: next thing I know, I’m desperately binging it without even researching beforehand and IT’S SO GOOD!! Still on the third ep, but it feels sooooo good. BONUS: HIS ‘PLAYER’ CO-STARS DO A CAMEO!!! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes: idk when I fell for SSH, but here I am, watching him in a romance because I WANTED TO WATCH A ROMANCE WITH HIM IN IT!!

1 Like

@choitrio

Anyway this was a mistrial no matter what, which would have also render a [not guilty] verdict. There were too many inconsistencies in all the evidence, and the jurors couldn’t even prove with any evidence the not guilty decision from them. As you know, all the jurors saw the face clearly, although they were trying to prove the witness under the weather condition couldn’t see the defendant’s face holding his mother dangling by the legs.

Now in regards to the handwriting in the post it note, and confession ‘‘did not match’’ that couldn’t possibly be a hand written confession from a person that has no fingers to write with? I missed that one; but if is alleged that the defendant wrote anything with his ‘‘hand’’ that was humanly impossible even with his prosthetic hands. Usually confessions are recorded, and transcribed by the interrogating detective or police officer in this case. So the writing was irrelevant in the defendants case.

In my opinion, the hammer was never the murder weapon; but I believe he might had used it to threaten her. May she rest in peace.

PS. I couldn’t dig Lupin, and halfway through the first episode I stopped. This man is destroying is life when he had such a great wife and she even gave him a child. I hate losers like that thinking a crime can go unpunished. I know it has to do with a revenge over his father death, but is not a excuse I can accept.

@vivi_1485

This is all obviously my opinion, keep in mind that I like thinking everyone is innocent

I hope you stop that thinking since that’s not safe to do in this time and age. I love all your points, and I respect your thinking but as an ‘‘ahjumma’’ to you, I hope you don’t keep that way of thinking bc you can get hurt by malicious ppl that will take advantage of the goodness of your heart…:heart:

2 Likes

yeah, “be innocent as a dove, but wise as a serpent”…still working on that :sweat_smile: just that I wish so much in the goodness of a person

2 Likes

That’s so dangerous dear. The voice of experience is talking. There are goodness in people but evilness is taking over this world and they will see your goodness as a weakness and exploit you, and use you, and abuse you until you grow some bone and say enough! But by then, you might get hurt too much. So be on guard bc you know the saying: wolf in sheep’s clothing?

My grandmother rest in peace always told me don’t even trust your right hand bc it can cut the left one. Spanish saying: ‘‘Nunca confíes ni en tu mano derecha porque te puede cortar la izquierda.’’

2 Likes

I love their chemistry from Goblin! This is really cute!

2 Likes

Oooo I haven’t heard that one in YEARS!. I guess in Spain, treachery was to be expected. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Oh! That reminds me! Did you know that saying came from church Latin? Let not the left hand know what the right hand is doing. Ne cognoscat sinistra quid faciat dextra

Yea, I’m old, they still spoke Latin at mass when I was a kid and even though they were supposed to be speaking in the vernacular since Vatican II. (It’s so weird when I go to a wedding or a funeral mass and they all speak English and turn around and shake hands and all that ‘weird’ (protestant) stuff. :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :laughing: ) uh yea. I’m gonna ‘burn’. :scream:

:scream: :rofl: :rofl::rofl: :rofl::rofl: :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :laughing: Oh! THAT REMINDS ME of another story!

My mom went to a Catholic boarding school when she was a kid and she had real ‘issues’ about those years. anyway… YEARS later, we were at Seton hospital in Daly City to visit someone. There was this statue of Jesus in the entrance hall that you had pass. My mom was really into carving and she was up close to that statue, looking over it and ooing and awing over the carving of it. -

Me. I really couldn’t help myself. Really, I couldn’t. It’s my devil nature. :shushing_face: :face_with_hand_over_mouth: In my BEST - priest style, sing-song church Latin (That you don’t hear anymore), Through cupped hands, I slowly intoned, :musical_note:A-do-ra-mus-te, Chris-te’”, which echoed down that hall very nicely.

Whoa! Mother dear, turned to me and gave me her most EVIL EYE, laser-eyes cut you in half look! :rofl: :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :rofl: :scream: :laughing: :rofl: Yea, I PUSHED THAT button! Yea. I’m gonna burn! :laughing: :rofl:

Another time, me, dearest number 1 daughter (I didn’t have a name as far as my dad was concerned.) …was walking around with my mom in Chinatown in San Francisco. I saw this cute little wind up toy nun carrying a ruler with laser eyes that flashed every step.

With a huge grin, I wound it up, placed it on the shelf and said, “Hey mom! look at this!” and let go of it. That little nun waddled from side to side, brandishing that ruler, eyes flashing. My mom took one look at that, her laser eyes mowed me down, then she turned and abruptly walked out the store. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl::rofl: :rofl::rofl: :sunglasses: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :sunglasses: ah yea… I’m gonna burn for that one too. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :sunglasses: :laughing:

1 Like

@porkypine90_261

Well I’m from Puerto Rico and the saying was from my half mulata grandmother who had a gift of seeing with her eyes close so many, many things, and was so blessed and wise, and taught me so much during the years we were raised by her. That saying is really about TRUST we can’t just trust bc is not worth it in the end. I’m always on guard.

Well, every time you mention ‘‘burn’’ ‘‘I’m gonna burn’’ you remind me of my ex sister in law and my ex that when they saw a church they would always say: ‘‘If I go inside a church, I’ll burn’’ When our daughter heard her father saying that she would cry so much bc she was too little to understand what he was saying, and she thought he would burn for real (she hates her aunt so u know the rest). I would have big fights with him, and tell him to stop saying that in front of her, and the bastard would just laugh. (grrrr) Guess what? Now… He’s always talking about GOD and prays the HOLY ROSARY every night and knows it by heart (I gifted him a blessed rosary years back), and to tell you the truth I don’t know how to pray the rosary, but he does! Now our daughter (we talking about my second husband) tells her father ‘‘I thought you would burn if you went into the Church and now you are such a devoted SAINT’’ (she hates when he preaches to her now bc he made her suffer so much with that stupid sentence when she was growing up). You can say he stopped saying that when she turned 16 years old (she’s 30 now).

I was raised as a child Catholic but later on in life; I got baptized as a Christian many years ago, and sadly my faith after so many trials in life, started to go weak. There are moments I miss the strong faith I had but the flesh is weak and imperfect so I have my moments where my ‘‘transmanian devil’’ comes out. May GOD forgive me for that… :crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: I think we were related in our previous life, and now re-incarnated found each other through viki site hahahahaha

1 Like

Well, we’d certainly enjoy sitting around the kitchen table. :sunglasses: (chimosas!) :rofl:
Nah. I don’t think I’m going to burn. That is what OTHER people have told me when I did not comply. :shushing_face: :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Oh! For years, I’ve had my little Taz guy protecting me when I’m sleeping. :face_with_hand_over_mouth::shushing_face: He’ll blow up any intuders.
IMG_20210202_134336%5B1%5D

I think it’s cute when all those Idols have stuffed toys, but then I have my Taz guy and my hubby had a little polar bear. :grin:

1 Like