What are you currently watching?

@parktaenaw

They really ruined the concept once they took out the male voice. Once they did that everything went downhill for me. She acting like a guy is not enough. We needed the male presence/voice to feel real. Is going in circle and not much to see. They really killed it.

1 Like

It will be interesting to see how they wrap everything up this week. Too often, writers for great k-dramas seem to fail with the endings. Anyway, I enjoyed all the humor the drama provided, although it was a great challenge trying to translate it.

4 Likes

If anyone wants to see something like Alice in Wonderland Chinese style check this one out. I really enjoyed this one.

2 Likes

J’attends aussi le dernier épisode, j’espère qu’il sera sous titré en français, car le 17 ème etait en anglais

1 Like

en attendant le dernier épisode de Mr Queen je regarde Goblin ( très agréable surprise )

Hope it gets subtitled soon!! Go French Team!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

hmmmmm I guess I better watch it then! but these"kids" just too young for me, dubb them my adoptesd sons
so y’all just go on and have your fun!! hehehehehe.

2 Likes

NEW! The Yin Yang Master - Dream of Eternity -

Get your Mark Chao (Eternal Love) and Deng Lun (Ashes of Love) fix all in one show!

Yin-Yang

https://www.facebook.com/dengluninternationalfans/posts/985338385286560/

Deng Lun International Fans

NocttsSplvlgdonlembsera rSho30r, 2e0fadstto2f0 ·

🎥 Yin-Yang Master: Dream Of Eternity (阴阳师: 晴雅集 ‘YinYangShi: QingYaJi’)

• Is Deng Lun’s BoYa the Phoenix or the Vermilion Bird?

Ever since the second movie trailer exposed BoYa’s familiar spirit form, fans debated whether he is the Phoenix or the Vermilion Bird.

Based on the movie’s concept posters, QingMing is associated to the dragon, while BoYa is associated to a bird that resembles the Phoenix.

In Chinese mythology, apart from the ‘dragon and phoenix’ pairing, there is another form of dragon and ‘phoenix-like’ symbol, which is also adopted in Japanese folklore. The dragon and ‘phoenix-like’ bird, called the Vermilion Bird, are among the four legendary creatures that are known as ‘Four Auspicious Beasts’, ‘Four Gods’, or ‘Four Guardians’.

(Remember an episode in Go Fighting 6 (Ep 11 - ChangAn)? The ‘Four Auspicious Beasts’ was the running theme used in the episode -> https://tinyurl.com/GF0611ChangAn)

These four mythical beasts are portrayed to exhibit heavenly powers, and they are viewed as the guardians of the four cardinal directions - they are the Black Tortoise surrounded by a snake (also known as the ‘Black Warrior’) of the North (black), the Vermilion Bird of the South (red), the Azure Dragon of the East (green/blue), and the White Tiger of the West (white).

With its red fiery appearance associating the phoenix, many think that the Vermilion Bird is the Phoenix, but in fact, they are two different creatures… yet quite similar. According to myths, the Vermilion Bird is a subspecies of the Phoenix. The Phoenix is believed to be the king of birds, while the Vermillion Bird is the spirit beast of the constellations. The Vermillion Bird is portrayed to have more destructive power than the Phoenix.

Certain ancient capitals construct statues of these four sacred beasts in their respective cardinal directions as a symbol of protection, and in the movie trailer, BoYa emerges as QingMing’s familiar spirit from what could be the statue of the Vermilion Bird of the South.

🍀 Credit: @电影晴雅集, Baidu 四大神兽, ctto

⛔️ Please share / repost with full credit

2 Likes
3 Likes

I have started that yin yang , realli interesting! also been wanting to watch my little happiness as well

3 Likes

If anyone is watching River Where The Moon Rises, let me know what you think of the quality of the subtitles. Viki apparently is getting that drama pre-subbed.

3 Likes

I left Fated to Love You for a while cuz I knew I’d CRY! Oh, Boy did I cry. Have several more episodes to go. Geez I’m a big cry baby.

I have that at the top of my list. I will wait for a couple more episodes before I watch it, then I’ll let you know. :slight_smile: Or, I could watch it after I finish segmenting part 1… :thinking: (Or, I could play hookie and go watch it anyway. :smirk: :grin: ) Nah, I have to do my assignment first before recess. :grin:

1 Like

God of fantisy, really a good watch, hope it ends well

@choitrio

Well, if the drama has been pre-subbed, the team in charge there; is doing a fantastic job fixing whatever mishap the pre subbed work may have. But I’m not surprised bc we have there @cgwm808, and everyone knows that when she’s in any drama, quality work is very present. I see the question marks and things that are essentials in subtitles and terms fully explained, and so far the only thing that bothered me was that they had this [(…)] I don’t think they need both and they should choose one or the other, but not use both at the same time. One, is very distracting and is not correct bc they both have their own purpose and they should solely be used on its own (…) or […]. Secondly, apart from the fact that there is so much stuff in the screen, it annoys me a bit too much. Seeing unnecessary stuff in there is frustrating bc to make matters worse, we also have all those characters in the background. I’m a fan of the quote: Sometimes, less is more.’’

4 Likes

I am sure the team will do a good job editing. My only worry is that the viewers who aren’t aware that this show came pre-subbed are praising how fast the show is “subbed” and they will complain even more about the other slow subbed shows.:worried:

3 Likes

Oh, I get it you mentioned

choitrio
let me know what you think of the quality of the subtitles

But I did saw somewhere around that you mentioned that too, and with all honesty, is about time they do something about those teams that are so slow providing subtitles. There are teams that provide subtitles in a decent amount of time, but some go overboard with viewers having to wait days for subtitles (and some even lack quality work in them). I think Ntfx spoiled me bc the subs are there by 11 am. But what bothers me is when you wait to have crappy subs in the drama I won’t mention the dramas name but OMG I get angry to see this over and over again

minute 26:25 episode 6

did he not come in today?

This sentence is an example, and others in that drama are much worst. I had to stop watching the drama bc those subs angers me. I see there is an editor but, what is this person editing?

He didn’t come in today?

Did he not…ugh so annoying

1 Like

I totally agree with you that we are doing the viewers a disservice if we have them wait for days or weeks for subtitles. However, it’s not fair to the dedicated subbers, who are using their own personal time to sub, if the drama they are subbing is being compared to one that gets uploaded at 100% English. Again, I am worried about the morale of Viki volunteers, the ones who are dedicated and conscientious.

5 Likes

@choitrio
I’m sorry I was selfish in not considering the many great, dedicated subbers we have here, and you are so right; the good ones always will end up paying for the broken plates. which is so wrong and unfair. The viewers will always blame the least guilty one bc they never bother to judge fairly, and no one is informing them about the pre subbed dramas (once they add a team there’s no way to tell the difference).

My sincere apologies to them, and I hope they are strong enough not to let these things affect them, and continue doing their marvelous work no matter what rebukes others may write. I tend to criticize what I see wrong bc I do when I have to, praise in comments many teams that are fast, efficient and provide quality work in the dramas.

I really don’t know how we may resolve such a complex issue going on here at Rviki created by the unfair treatment to some volunteers by none other than other volunteers, and even staff members too. They have no clarity in the things they do, they have no fair honesty with EVERY volunteer working so hard in here, and like I said before; it’s so unfair. They need to balance things well enough so no one is pointing fingers at volunteers bc if the viewers knew all the facts, they’ll understand why some dramas are subbed faster than others.

By adding a team and providing a pre subbed dramas to certain teams only, they are committing a crime in my eyes bc they are deceiving the viewers and making them think that team are full of faster workers, while the teams with no pre subbed dramas ‘‘busting their chops’’ obviously will take a longer time and will receive unfair and at times hurtful comments. So obviously you and I and many others know something is really wrong in here and I hope the CEO takes the time to look into this and see if there’s a fair way to resolve this issue that hurts so many dedicated to this site volunteers. Hate me all they want, this is the way I feel about this whole situation.

2 Likes

I personally think you see things a lot more clearly than many others.:blush: On this issue, in particular, I feel very strongly that Viki is doing a huge disservice to their dedicated volunteers. I see why they may not want to advertise the fact that River Where the Moon Rises came pre-subbed but they need to know that this will be a huge blow to the morale of the volunteers.

2 Likes