What are you currently watching?

I personally think it should be MANDATORY to place somewhere for all viewers to see clearly that the drama came pre-subbed; I would suggest in ABOUT section: ''We are happy to inform you this drama came pre-subbed in English to provide faster subtitles for you, ‘‘the viewers.’’ Not all dramas are pre-subbed and subtitles may take longer in some dramas but please cheer on All of our dedicated volunteers here a RakutenViki site. Thank you.

If that’s^^^^ too much cr*p I wrote then: Drama pre- subbed in English

4 Likes

I wonder if there will be more dramas that come pre-subbed and perhaps this is why Viki is adding the new role of editors?:thinking: If more dramas come pre-subbed, then there will be less need for source language subbers but greater need for editors.

4 Likes

Yes!! I was so happy when I found out that they made a drama togheter!

1 Like

@choitrio

Well, that was the plan from the get go that many here went crazy bc they were not too happy about it, but they sure took their time to implement this new thing, and they just did it without notifying the volunteers here as to the start of this new changes. But they still need subbers bc my understanding was that only certain dramas would be pre subbed. I do hope they pick their editors very carefully bc some claim they are proficient in English and is all a big fat lie.

lie

1. a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive.

I had the unpleasantness of working with some of these liars; a longggggg time ago lol

1 Like

The way I see it when you have this mix of pre-subbed and volunteer-subbed shows, it will eventually create a big problem unless it is clearly explained to the viewers. Also, as you pointed out, these pre-subbed shows will need highly competent subbers who can serve as editors. Perhaps, this will lead to different classification of subbers based on their competency. It will be interesting to see how this will change the Viki volunteer system.

5 Likes

I was wondering how such a small team managed to segment and sub so quickly.

I will watch it tonight and gat back with my opinion on the subbing.

3 Likes

@porkypine90_261

Well, I just saw several boo boo in the subs (I call mistakes boo boo). This one bothered me so much I had to laugh. We are in that era whatever it is, and the Princess and a younger girl (episode 2) are talking and they use the word [FLIPPING!!!]

The Princess ask how guy (I’m bad remembering names) was doing.
2nd. girl answers: He’s flipping! OMG flipping…such a modern world in a princess and queens era drama. Major bummer.

What I learned about On Dal and Princess Pyeonggang

The story of Ondal the Idiot and Princess Pyeonggang of Goguryeo may seem strange or even implausible at times. As a result, the tale is often viewed as a historical folktale about a man’s rise from destitution to greatness and the woman who had the wisdom to believe in his potential.
King Pyeongwon of Goguryeo, who ruled from 559 to 590. Among his children was Princess Pyeonggang who married On Dal.

2 Likes

continued watching The Player today…I actually left it since December so it took me three months to come to terms with the fact that there would be no romance and my ship would never sail :joy: I’m slowly starting to accept romance-less dramas
The Player is freaking aWESOME once you come to terms with the no-romance thing. Glad I put it out of the way so I could enjoy it in all its glory :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: The team dynamics are also so beautiful and I just can’t compliment the wit and dry humour of the writers. Also Song Seung Hoon is one of those guys who don’t have to have a single romance or shower/shirtless scene but still make half the viewers go mad with every outfit he wears :joy::star_struck::star_struck:

3 Likes

… Song Seung Hoon… name is familiar… (goes and looks him up.)

:woman_facepalming: Duh! The guy from Black! Yea, he’s a good tsundere type.

2 Likes

tsundere??! I’ve watched three of his shows (The Greatest Show, The Player, Dinner Mate) and he’s perfect for the slick, streetsmart, laid-back guy with a big heart of gold but who can also smooth-talk himself out of any and every situation :joy::joy: also he seems to have a REALLY good friendship with his Player cast…they do cameos in both the other dramas!

1 Like

I just finished “Run-on” and now I’m looking at “search”

1 Like

I’ve only seen him in Black and he was reserved in that one.

3 Likes

Princess Jellyfish and Bloody Romance (while waiting for subs on the new episodes of Princess Jellyfish)

-I like Princess Jellyfish a lot, actually. It’s definitely a mood drama, which means for me that I need to be in the mood for 1). a Japanese drama and 2). for a rom-com.

-Bloody Romance was doing great in the beginning, then the editing and story line left gaps in the events that were happening, so I’m not completely understanding why a certain person needs to die, the backstory, how someone got ambushed, tricked, etc. I’ve kind of given up understanding what’s going on at this point (I’m on ep. 30), but I’m still watching because the acting is great and I do want to know how it ends.

3 Likes

ohh…I went to research the drama and ended up finding out that the actress who plays Mulan in the Disney movie Mulan is Song Seung Hoon’s ex :flushed:

2 Likes

I just finished watching … “Sisyphus: The Myth” is a fantasy-mystery drama starring Cho Seung Woo and Park Shin Hye. I’m not digesting it well but since I love to see KOREAN WOMEN TAKING ROLES that they kick a*s I’m gonna stick to it till the end.

LEE DA HEE is also kicking a*s in .L.U.C.A. although the story plot is kind of weird I’m admiring to see her in a role where she defends herself and other very well.

3 Likes

Hello, Me! on NF, mostly for Kim Young Kwang. I haven’t decided if I like it yet.

2 Likes

I am currently watching River Where The Moon Rises, L.U.C.A., Sisyphus the Beginning and Devil Punisher on NFX, She Would Never Know on IQIYI, and I will probably start a binge of something new today. I usually binge watch one series and then keep up with these show that are releasing an episode or two a week. Just finished Mr. Queen and LOVED it. Also just binged My ID is Gangnam Beauty due to the little badge thing since I’ve watched the other shows. I was hesitant because it seemed too much like True Beauty and I had serious SLS with that one. I ended up thinking it was much more complex and interesting than True Beauty. I also went and watched Exo next door and Moon ga-young from True Beauty was in it and she played an almost identical personality. I would have to rate her acting ability about the same as Cha Eun-woo. Which is to say, none. But she works that one personality and gummy smile well and I think she’s charming. Eun-woo doesn’t really have to act for the parts he plays and he is extremely good looking.

2 Likes

You didn’t like his acting in Rookie Historian?

1 Like

True Beauty is basically a mashup of My ID Is Gangnam Beauty, School 2015 and 18 Again :roll_eyes: Cha Eun Woo and Hwang In Yeop’s characters from My ID and 18 Again respectively are almost identical to the ones in True Beauty

2 Likes

I haven’t seen that one yet, but it’s on my list. Maybe after I do my opinion will change.

3 Likes