What are you currently watching?

This might be next!

2 Likes

I don’t think Viki was involved at all in the subs…I don’t think Viki has a separate paid subbing group or something. This might be like 18 Again, coming completely pre-subbed onto Viki. And it’s definitely not AI. AI still can’t do things like that…the subs are pretty good with proper grammar structures.

1 Like

I don’t know where you get that it has ‘‘proper grammar structures’’ since is lacking in that department also. It was established a while back the AI system was going to be used in some dramas here at Viki, and the reason for that was to have subtitles in a faster amount of time. I’m not discussing whether we have a paid subbing group or something like that here at this site. My issue here is being an ‘‘English native speaker’’ doesn’t make you a good editor, and lately the quality in the subtitles clearly shows that they are using the wrong ppl to ‘‘edit’’ these subs. Using so many modern words in a drama from the 559 to the 590 era is the most ridiculous thing to see in a drama at this site. It was expected that issue like this one would present themselves with the use of any ‘‘bot system,’’ but I never expected to be this bad. Well, we just need to give it more time since I went through the same thing with Netflix, and they have improved immensely; so there is hope in the horizon for improvement.

2 Likes

I really like ‘River Where the Moon Rises’. Ji Soo and Kim So Hyun are doing a good job. And I really like Ji Soo’s character. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I love Ji Soo saw him first in Doctors and I don’t really like Doctors but he was worth looking at.

2 Likes

Some writers at Soompi are real jerks they did an article and stated that RWTMR will have a ‘‘sad ending.’’

How dare they add such a spoiler? Although there is a warning that there was several spoilers not to read if you didn’t wanted to see a spoiler that was so unnecessary.

My LAST LOVE SONG is a fun more fantasy version of this story. i never get tired of watching it. It was that good.

2 Likes
1 Like

I just finished watching this on ntfx and is one of the best Chinese movies I have ever seen. It has the hottest kiss by a Chinese couple. A must see!

The tilte is Love O2O the movie I hr.43 minutes
Cast: Jing Boran, Angelababy, Yu Bai
Director: Tianyu Zhao

2 Likes

The drama has both Ji Soo and Kim So Hyun, two favorites of mine! I’m waiting for more episodes to be released, to aid me in binge-watching :joy:. I do hope Ji Soo gets to be with the girl, if he’s even in a romantic role for that drama.

5 Likes

no one knows how it will end. The Soompi article was stating one thing they hated from the pilot episode in that author’s opinion-- the foreshadowing of a possible death. I agree with the author though, because that scene made me stop watching and wait for the entire drama to air before I watch because I’m scared for the ending.
No one knows what the actual ending will be, just that particular scene makes people wonder.

3 Likes

Exactly, but in the article the person stated clearly the ending would be sad. We don’t know what ending the writer would give to this particular story. For example, in My Last Love Song the ending was wonderful although it seems like On Dal dies, but somehow he manages to go back to his futuristic love, and I loved it!

The first scene at the beginning of the drama has two very obvious possibility bc she’s not talking to him like he’s going to die, and in fact she clearly talks to him like he’s going to be all right. Remember On Dal has several battles before he dies. I believe the first scene is from one of the battles that he survived. But knowing these Asian writers, and how disappointing they can be when writing Endings in dramas, it wouldn’t surprise me that he’ll have that tragic ending. We’ll see when we get there no tragic ending will stop me from watching this one bc I love how nice the story is flowing and I love to support the young actress that rarely get the praise she very well deserves.

3 Likes

He is the main guy in this drama/story, which is from a folklore tale from centuries back,:tada::sparkler::fireworks::confetti_ball::boom::boom::boom::boom: and On Dal, always gets the girl.

I’m not too familiar with the young man, and I believe this is the first time I see him acting. I have to admit I mainly watching to support the young girl that rarely gets the great praises she deserves when acting. I never miss the drama she’s in, no matter how much I don’t like who they paired her with.

One thing i have to say I have laughed and cried so is that good. The drama is pre-subbed (according to what I was told here) so the wait is minimal for susbs.

5 Likes

He’s always second lead in his dramas (Strong Woman Do Bong Soon, Scarlet Heart, When I was the Most Beautiful) so it will be fun to see him as main lead!!

also, these are the words:
At the start of the first episode, our leading couple’s promise of a happily-ever-after already seems to be in shambles. Pyeonggang impressively rides and fights across the battlefield to find On Dal, who is gravely injured before she arrives. The two share some deeply romantic words and kiss; however, it’s unclear whether or not On Dal has succumbed to his injury.
While this may seem like a given that it is a sageuk, and On Dal does die in the myth the drama is based on…it still hurts to see yet another character of Ji Soo’s possibly have a tragic ending. It’s impressive that he’s taking on and perfectly expressing such interesting roles, but my heart aches thinking about this drama potentially concluding with a super sad ending. Let’s hope it proves otherwise!

there are no spoilers-- she just talks about the actual mythical ending, not this drama’s ending. We have to wait and see what the writers do.

5 Likes

I have never met Yunho - or U-know (his stage name) I wish he had more dramas! I really like him!

4 Likes

I’m watching I Order You. That young actor is so good looking.

Anyway, is anyone watching L.U.C.A? I’m so sad today bc yesterday’s episode left me devastated and in a daze. Talking about breaking my heart.

5 Likes

@angelight313_168, for L.U.C.A., I had to fast forward a few parts yesterday and today because it was too difficult to watch.

3 Likes

Omg I didn’t skip them and I regret it so much. Those scenes were too cruel and heart wrenching. I still see the part in my mind, and it breaks my heart. I think I’m going to wait to see today’s episode. I can’t deal with loss/tragedies lately.

3 Likes

Same for me. I have hard time with cruelty and violence against the innocent. I joined the English team for Mouse because of Lee Seung Gi but now I am getting worried because apparently the 1st episode is rated “19” according to some commenters on Mydramalist.

4 Likes

Oh wow, lately the scenes in K-dramas are so violent, and I’m guessing they’re making up for not being able to make more romantic story plot/ scenes in the dramas? But gosh they have no need to be so cruel. It’s like they go into such details in the beating, the extreme they go to submerge us the viewer deeply into that painful scene the character is playing seems/feels so real. There are no words I can describe the emotional toll it takes on my heart. Maybe I’m getting too old for this kinds of movies.

But I adore Lee Seung Gi, and I love all his dramas/movies. I will skip whatever I have to, but won’t miss the drama. I’ve been looking forward to see him in a long while. Congratulations, and I’ll be seeing you around (Oops, hope is on my region) :pray::pray::scream:

PS. Does anyone know if he’s going to be the sociopath/psychopath killer??? I saw this trailer and I didn’t like the vibes it gave me. I hope they were playing with our head bc I’ll die. No, right? He’s the rookie cop tell me it is so…:hole::hole::hole::hole: it will be the death of me. :broken_heart::broken_heart::broken_heart::broken_heart::broken_heart: I won’t watch if that’s the case.

2 Likes

He is the rookie cop and I don’t think he’s the psychopath killer. Also, his character’s name (Jung Ba Reum) is meaningful. 바름 (ba-reum) means correct, right, decent, proper, etc.

3 Likes