What are you currently watching?

1 Like

I am totally loving Yunho/U-Know! from I Order You! I am now loving his voice and his music. He sang on the OST but his voice is phenomenal. I wish he would do another drama! What a great actor!

2 Likes

What a relief! Thank you so much. The fact you mention about the meaning of his name gives me the reassurance I needed. They were just distorting things to mess with our head.

2 Likes

Wow, that first episode of Mouse was so intense! I think this is going to be a good one.

3 Likes

I’m going to check it out now. Had a migraine headache out of the blue.

2 Likes

I think our favorite actor will be ok in this. Like you, I’d hate to see Lee Seung Gi be an evil person.

This is what Soompi says:
https://www.soompi.com/article/1457017wpp/tvn-drama-mouse-to-be-rated-19-for-first-episode

"Mouse” is about an upright and innocent young man named Jung Ba Reum ([Lee Seung Gi] and a lawless detective named Go Moo Chi ([Lee Hee Joon] obsessed with revenge against the serial killer who murdered his parents when he was a child. The two men form an unlikely partnership to chase down an evil predator who is called the “top 1 percent” of psychopaths.

It has been announced that the premiere episode of the drama will be rated 19+. This is in order to create a more complete episode in the drama’s thr1iller genre, as well as flesh out the “evil predator” character who is the worst even among psychopaths.

3 Likes

Just finished translating Episode 1and I have to say that it is very dark and intense but very interesting.

2 Likes

고맙습니다! I will probably wait for a few more episodes to be out, mainly because I prefer to watch several episodes all at once.

2 Likes

@choitrio

So much to take in one episode I just hope I can handle the rest.

1 Like

:sweat::sweat: aw, I can’t watch it if that’s the case. I realized after watching quite a few crime/thriller dramas that if they portray too much violence or a villain that’s too evil, the images stay in my head. That’s not something I want, so I guess I’ll have to pass on this one. Sorry Seung Gi :sob::sob:

2 Likes

I know what you mean. And those images float up when you least want them to. I just fast forward if something seems like it will be awful and if I have to do that too many times, I’ll stop watching that show.

3 Likes

More dancing less arid discipline.

Yuwol: The Boy Who Made The World Dance (2018)

Awards and Invitations

• Toronto Reel Asian International Film Festival (2020) - Wee Asian
  • Mise-en-scene Short Film Festival : MSFF (2019) - Competition - The King of Comedy - Comedy Section Grand Prize
  • Mise-en-scene Short Film Festival : MSFF (2019) - Competition - The King of Comedy - Best Choreography
  • Busan International Short Film Festival : BISFF (2019) - Korean Competition 3
  • Chungmuro International Musical Film Festival : CHIMFF (2019) - The Show
  • Jeongdongjin Independent Film Festival : JIFF (2019) - Section 2
  • Great Short Film Festival (2019) - Invitation: Short Films
  • London Korean Film Festival (2019) - Mise-en-scene Shorts
  • Seoul Independent Film Festival : SIFF (2019) - Special Invitation - Shorts
  • Seoul Dance Film Festival : SeDaFF (2018) - Best Picture
1 Like

I read that only episode one (1) was given a 19+ rating, and with good reason lol. I believe that after this episode (1), we might not see those too graphic/violent scenes. Since the drama from now on will revolve around the rookie cop, the detective, and the psychopath’s son/a copy cat serial killer?

I felt the drama started with so many flaws; when with so many evidence in the killers house, no less, the psychopath was ‘‘let go’’ If it wasn’t for a ‘‘divine intervention’’ he would be killing till this day, and getting away with it.

Nevertheless, I hate the fact that they chose a Doctor (again) to be a serial killer I’ve seen 2 more K dramas that the Doctor was a serial killer. One part of the drama that ‘‘irk me’’ was when he was confronted and admits to the killing, and even then, he was let go for ‘‘lack of evidence.’’ I’m going to give my boy(LSG) a chance and watch and see if it has the potential, and I suggest to everyone interested in watching to skip episode 1 SOME parts that bother you; since you need to have an idea where this story is coming from. You must watch the episode as hard as it may be.

If you think this drama is beyond belief watch (DON’T if you want to sleep at night) the dramas from this film director/screenwriter will make you sleep with the lights on, and live in fear.
Excerpt from wikipidea
Kim Ki-duk (Korean: 김기덕 [kimɡidʌk]; 20 December 1960 – 11 December 2020) was a South Korean film director and screenwriter, noted for his idiosyncratic art-house cinematic works. His films have received many distinctions in the festival circuit, rendering him one of the most important contemporary Asian film directors. On 11 December 2020, Kim died from complications caused by COVID-19 during the COVID-19 pandemic in Latvia at the age of 59, nine days before his 60th birthday, in Latvia, where he had traveled in November 2020. (shocking to read this) I hope he can rest in peace.

1 Like

And “Love Struck in The City” with Ji Chang Wook

1 Like

Da poco mi sono iscritta a Viki è mi sta piacendo molto questo sito e sto guardando 3 drama molto interessanti : Love script, Love unexpected e Touch your Heart <3

2 Likes

Someone here mentioned The Undateables and I thought it was such a unique name that I totally overbinged…the next thing I knew, it was six in the morning and my family would be up any minute :joy::sweat_smile:

Honestly, the first episodes didn’t appeal to me but I saw a LOT of TCs saying to wait and give it time. So I stuck through and OH how I was rewarded!! Once the couple actually start butting heads, it’s so much fun! Two relationship experts who don’t ever want to fall in love again. WhAT could go wrong??
I liked the execution of comedy and the different aspects of relationships it highlighted. The scene that led up to the first kiss had me completely speechless, it is definitely high up after the Bubblegum Kiss in terms of creativity :joy: I love the complete about-turn and character development of the leads and overall it was a lot of fun to watch. Definitely rewatch!

2 Likes

This is yet ANOTHER show that is on my GIANT watchlist! When will I ever get through it if you guys keep recommending shows for me to watch? :laughing:
Hwang Jung Eum is funny. I have not seen Namgoong Min before.

2 Likes

@porkypine90_261

That was to me the most Detestable drama I’ve seen (with such a great actress/ my favorite Female actress no less). I hated this drama so much, I was barely able to pass the second episode. The guy (Namgoong Min) was terrible in this drama; and although I liked him as an actor especially on roles that requires for him to be serious imo, this drama was the worst role he has taken. The exaggerated facial expressions from him were (for me) too much to take.

To make matters worse HJE was in that same kind of exaggerated role, exaggerated laughter, and too loud when talking at times; there is so much you can take from 2 actors. Who knows? You might love it.

1 Like

@choitrio

Going on episode 2 of ‘‘Mouse.’’ It’s so similar to two other dramas I saw with a serial killer the same exact scene with the electric charge scene and the woman position to die in a sewer like hole Unreal they would do something like that. They think we are senile and would forget that scene in the other drama? lol

tvN Drama “Mouse” To Be Rated 19+ For First Episode.

Just curious what rate/age are they giving the rest of the episodes? I saw rated R. But there are more scenes like in the first episode (well not as savage as first episode; I have to admit). Btw, thank you so much for your excellent work and all the team included in the subbing department, and I mean quality wise not for speed only.:+1::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

2 Likes

I think rest of the drama is rated “15” so it shouldn’t be so bad. Although some parts are hard to stomach, I find the drama to be quite good. I was extremely impressed with all the child actors in Episode 1 and I am sure LSG and PJH will not disappoint. Also, I am really enjoying being a part of this English subbing team.:blush:

P.S. Since we had talked about the meaning of Ba Reum’s name, I will share with you something that I noticed but had not put in as a T/N. The name 성요한 (Sung Yo Han) and 성 요한 (St. John of God) are homonyms in Korean.

3 Likes