What are you currently watching?

@choitrio
Is that the Detective’s name? Who has that name in the drama? I’m bad with names.

Sung Yo Han was the ER doctor. Supposedly he is the son of the killer, Han Seo Joon, although I have my doubts.

2 Likes

I have my doubts too bc a serial killer to have such a sacred name, and do such heinous act; would be such a blasphemy. I think we have an interesting plot in the making bc I still can’t make out too clear, who the real serial killer will end up being in the end. Something tells me what’s too obvious might not be the reality in this drama.

Thank you for your pointers. Writing down the names/meanings.

2 Likes

Mydramalist comment section is exploding with all kinds of theories. After only two episodes, there are over 1300 comments already! I think this will be a very interesting drama.

2 Likes

@angelight313_168
I was about to leave at the first or second ep too but I stuck because of all the TCs and reviews that said to just bear with it till the 5th ep.
The FL does exaggerate, but it gets less over time and once they actually start their hate-love relationship it’s lots of fun. I skipped a few arcs that didn’t interest me but I think the drama is worth watching.

I really started liking the main couple, they were lots of fun and I liked their character development. I liked how we all were so frustrated at the male lead because he just wouldn’t say the three words he HAD TO say(his flaw is communication) and then we slowly understand why. ngl, it made me cry. I also like how he says one thing and acts totally different-- his actions basically SCREAM louder than his words and its sweet and funny at the same time. The writers could have made him into the stereotypical guy who uses his trauma as an excuse to manhandle the FL but he wasn’t. He respects her, and it was really quite different to see the FL recklessly initiate the first kiss (that scene had me DYING). Though he’s petty for the comedy, in the end, he does respect her relationship with the SML and understands.

I even started liking the FL after some time, she didn’t make dumb angsty pushover FL choices and ML really needed a partner who was a kid at heart like him. She was also not a yo-yo between two male leads. I liked that she didn’t sway. It was us who did the swaying :joy:
I liked their matchmaking antics and how smoooooth ML was! I’m also a sucker for pettiness and this drama totally satisfied me in that area :joy::joy::sweat_smile:
In the end, the bads outweighed the goods, I definitely liked the drama.

1 Like

If that was the first drama I saw from both actors I believe it wouldn’t have bothered me as much. But knowing the quality that both can offer as the great actor/actress they are, I felt this drama was ‘‘beneath them.’’ Moreover, I saw the Director’s insistence to the FL to laugh in a exaggerated way, and at one point her facial expression looked sad bc he made her laugh harder and harder (she was following his instructions but obviously sad about it).

That did it for me, and I dropped the drama. The Director’s job is not to make an actor/actress do something they are not comfortable with bc they know better how to play their role; that is why they are the actors. Some of this Directors go overboard and end up messing things in the drama. What bothers me the most is when they criticize the actress so much when she has no option bc in that country they don’t have a choice, and have to go along with whatever they are told to do bc they are so afraid of the consequences they may suffer on future jobs offering.

I’m glad you liked the drama bc actors need viewers in order to be successful. But when I don’t like something; I don’t eat it, and throw it away. My opinion will no deter anyone from watching that drama bc in the end, they’ll make their own judgement whether they like it or not… I don’t feel our different opinion changes anyone’s choice to watch it or not. Knowing @porkypine90_261 personality I’ll bet she’ll like it just like you did.

2 Likes

:grin: I’ve been typecast! and I haven’t even watched it yet! It’s on my watchlist.

I like Lee Seung Gi but I don’t like icky stuff. I may have to fast foward.

1 Like

Je regarde cette série en ce moment, j’adore !!
L’histoire, les personnages ( On Dal était réellement un général de Goguryeo) et surtout l’époque à laquelle se déroule l’histoire, je me régale :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

River where the moon rises? I really like that show. Yea, I like Ji Soo’s acting in this one. His character is very likeable. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I have just started Mouse, I sure hope it gets better, and with that car crash and the little girl nearby, gosh that sounds familiar.

1 Like

yes I am watching it now, and anotyher story experimenting on children, can’t they find someting else? and not trafficiking either!! Oh I do plan to watch all of it same as choitro. and wasn’t there another drama that had experiments on children and all?

1 Like

Well I am hesitating to start, actually for me to start it needs to end broadcasting … But a huge factor I wanted to watch it was because of Ji Soo, regrettably he got a bully incident and another issue, so he will be replaced with another actor. Whenever something like this happens I am getting my old drama illness, back from Denver Clan, yeah it is that long ago, I never got over the replacement of the first Fallon … Well wait and see … I guess nothing else to do as a viewer.

1 Like

@lutra, Ji Soo has been replaced by Na In Woo, the second lead from Mr. Queen.

@frustratedwriter, even though it’s difficult to watch, I have to say the first episode of Mouse was very good. There is so much detail to absorb that you will need to pay attention.

3 Likes

I know, just didn’t have the time to look up his name. I will wait for the viewers’ feedback. I just finished Mr. Queen, should I say it made me more hesitant, I really like when actors can show emotions and I don’t know if he relied too much on his eyes … I want to see some movement in a face.

1 Like

@porkypine90_261

I’m not ‘‘typecasting you’’ I very clearly said Knowing your personality (bubbly, funny, and non judgmental person like I tend to be sometimes when it comes to certain characters and the way they were played), ‘‘you would like it too.’’

I don’t know WHY you mention Lee Seung Gi HERE, bc when I made that statement I was talking about [THE UNDATEABLES]. Don’t confuse yourself or the ppl reading your comment. My comment HAS nothing to do with Lee Seung Gi drama but THE UNDATEABLE with

Hwang Jung-eum (Yoo Jung-eum)
Hwang Jung‑eum
Yoo Jung‑eum

Hwang Jung-eum
South Korean actress

Hwang Jung-eum is a South Korean actress and a former member of Kpop group “Sugar.” 2002-2006.

AND…

Namkoong Min is a South Korean actor, director and screenwriter. image

2 Likes

I would be a hypocrite If I say I don’t agree with the change done from Ji Soo to Na In Woo, and NOT bc of the bullying accusation against Ji Soo NOT AT ALL. I felt he wasn’t right for the ON Dal character and he lacked to portray the character the way it should be portrayed. It had nothing to do with his looks either (he’s cute too). There are ppl. born to portray an specific role, and he’s good with romantic youthful drama; but serious dramas are not his forte. [IN MY OPINION] (not screaming want to clarify things right).

Now, I’m hoping Na In Woo can do this role bc he is more into a serious type of actor that can really help him to play ON DAL so well. He also has experience fighting with a sword.

If I were to pick an ON DAL with the young girl I would pick baby face Ji Chang-Wook to make up for that disaster of drama: Backstreet Rookie he made with same girl. He also has experience with swords and that era dramas.

What would be your choice to play On DAL? or you think Na IN Woo is great for the role?

Is gonna be so hard to adapt to the change but I’m game bc I like the story.

3 Likes

To be perfectly honest, I didn’t think Ji Soo really was the right choice as the ML and it has nothing to do with the bullying scandal. Perhaps, that’s why I haven’t been watching the drama. I grew up with the folktale of “바보 (stupid, silly, dumb)” On Dal and Princess Pyeonggang, so Na In Woo seems a little too serious. I personally think Ji Chang Wook might be a better choice, although he might be a little old for the role.:thinking:

3 Likes

If you look at Na In Woo he looks older than Ji Chang Woo bc JCW has a baby face. Since ppl know he’s 33 they feel he’s too old for her, but they do make a cute romantic couple (in a drama), and I can’t even believe he’s 33 bc I though he was around 26 (that’s the age he looks to me). When I found out he was 33; I was really shocked.

For Empress Ki it took me a while to get used to HJW as his romantic FL bc I felt she looked way older than him bc of his ‘‘baby face.’’ But I had in my life a way younger husband, so I was like; who am I to judge? I continued watching Empress Ki, and got used to it bc in their case, contrary to JCW I feel HJW looks way older than her age (just my opinion). Others might not see it that way, and I respect that.

2 Likes

I agree with you that CJW looks much younger than his age. Also, he not only has a youthful face, but he has shown that he can be both silly and serious. Warrior Baek Dong Soo comes to my mind, where he went from bumbling silly character to a warrior. He could have easily done the same with On Dal’s character.

2 Likes

@choitrio
I am looking to see if I find Warrior Baek Dong Soo, but so far no luck. I love CJW acting except the rookie one omg what a junk and disappointment to me bc they both are good young actors (I forget the girl’s name ugh). Thanks for mentioning that one. Let me tell you CJW was perfect for ON DAL role but what can we do?

I’m just praying for that young man Ji Soo not to fall in depression and do something stupid. I hope he handle this well and overcome this bad experience and learn his lesson… When we are young we make mistakes, and just bc someone wants to get money from him now I hope this doesn’t bring terrible consequences. He can overcome this and move on. In my opinion they should have let him finish the drama and deal with the legal stuff that was punishment enough. The drama was already 95% done; what a waste of time. All the actors/actress are redoing the scenes with the new guy without getting paid; that’s so ridiculous.

PS>>>wow the new guy is horrible as On Dal. I think I’m not watching it anymore. His facial expression as an idiot/bobo is terrible. What a waste.

1 Like