What are you currently watching?

@kdrama2020ali, you are late to the party.:wink: Most people fell in love with Kim Jung Hyun in Crash Landing On You. I love both Shin Hye Sun and KJH and they were perfect together in Mr. Queen.

3 Likes

OH I guess I should have clarified I was in love with the BAD BOY in CLOY! I think in a sec season he could be back…I have thoughts on that!

I had a friend drop Mr. Queen she didn’t wait long enough to see him become who he really is!

2 Likes

I thought Mr. Queen was so hilariously witty. We had strong subbers and tried to translate the humor as best as possible but there were parts where I was wishing everyone can understand Korean.

3 Likes

Their chemistry is electric - that one scene, when "no touchy" was off the table that night! I almost thought we were intruding! But I might hv hit re-wind several times

1 Like

Currently I am watching the second season of The Penthouse: War in life. I really like Eugenes role and her acting is on a different level. When she screams and cries i get goosbumps. This woman is really talented. And the whole story with all these plotttwists and stuff is so brilliant. Really love it :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Me neither I just can’t deal with the way L.U.C.A. turned out. An innocent baby put through so much out of the selfishness of what now in my eyes IS a monster. He went too far in not protecting the baby the right way.

Well, MONSTER is going into the incredulous stage for me. After 20 years this serial killer starts killing ppl. from left to right over the most insignificant things. The priest and old lady dying one after the other, was a bit too much in the story. The old lady should have died of natural causes. Out of the blue Rookie Cop so diligent decides not to pick up his phone? And Detective has to watch his brother die? Too much cruelty in one drama.

That’s so true translation take so much from the jokes. Sometimes I missed the ‘‘punch’’ and was wondering what was lost in the translation. I’m glad you pointed that out.

Mr. Queen was very funny but what killed me was they didn’t follow the story till the end childbirth and all like Chinese version. That was a riot. I think the fact that they dubbed the drama in English help so much in savoring every joke, and hilarious things going on in the Chinese version.

The set, customs, scenery,everything is so PERFECT. The dresses he-she wore left me breathless. If you have a chance check it out GO PRINCESS GO.

1 Like

I didn’t wanna read this because I’m still in the middle of Mr. Queen but did you watch the two supplemental episodes special for Mr. Queen?

1 Like

Yes I did why?

2 Likes

Oh I just wondered if it answered any questions, I am leaving it until the end. I am only in Ep 8. Just wondering? No Biggie

2 Likes

You made me curious and I went back to see again the two extra episodes, and to see if I missed something but…nope, it left me yearning for something more bc their romantic scenes were so hot but yet so rare.

Actually Chinese version had other hunks surrounding and loving he-she FL, and the story was so perfectly mastered that I wished with the great cast we had in MR. QUEEN it had followed more the Chinese version. YT has short scenes of the episode but watching the whole hour is best but if you want to have an idea why I ended liking Chinese version you should check it out. I{m gonna put a request here and see if we get lucky and more viewers can see it too.

PS I must add the pair of FL and ML were a couple made in heaven so much chemistry and beauty in both side.

2 Likes

There are never enough of those! And I just got a glimpse of one in Ep 8 and 9. Whoosh! Finally a FL that kisses back!

2 Likes

What is the Chinese version called?

2 Likes

I put a spoiler in the title when I wrote to choitrio bc I don’t know if they will mind here at this site. The title is [Go Princess Go] and YT has some episodes in short 20 minutes version (sadly some episodes are missing now) But first and ending is there, and plenty more to enjoy too. But it kills me bc I can’t find when HE/She goes into labor it was hilarious beyond words.

36 Episodes Typical for a Chinese Drama

1 Like

The 36 episodes are supposed to be 1 hour and minutes long, but in there, you’ll only see 20 minutes or so. Is too short to enjoy more stuff, but I saw the regular version and the hour flies by in a breeze bc is very entertaining.

1 Like

yoooo the ML in The Sword and the Brocade has two kids and a wife and two concubines!!! I knew about the concubines but I didn’t know about the kids what the heck and the FL is like fifteen years old is the drama really that good??! :scream::scream: idk I never really cared about age gaps all that much but don’t you think he’s wayyyy too mature for her, not in looks but LIFE in general???

1 Like

I quite enjoyed the Sword and the Brocade. The age gap like that in the show was normal in ancient China . The ML actually looked younger than I envisioned the character should be. The most interesting part of the show is that the drama felt modern in term of the story and the interaction between two main characters was not typical. I doubted that a wife would have a good chance to refuse her husband on their wedding night in that period of time. Overall, this show is quite entertaining.

4 Likes

Right now watching

even I know I watched

that’s the Chinese version …

I think I will try a bit more Japanese stuff since most of them have such weird topics or uptakes (I am not sure if I have chosen the right word here), it just pulls me out of these “weird times” and the dramas are short.

Another weird one I just finished

1 Like

just finished this one:

I wish the writers just let it be a rom-com instead of trying to add the crime-thriller arc. Because they were TERRIBLE at it. The detective squad was dumbed down for comedy, so the comedy succeeded but the crime-solving flopped so BAD, I couldn’t believe how absolutely stupid everyone was. They could do absolutely nothing without her powers, which they don’t even use properly when they need it. The crime itself was interesting, and Namgoong Min played the heck out of his role :heart_eyes:

The OTP were cute, as a rom-com, this drama succeeds. I liked the romantic progress, and the chemistry was good. The main lead was hilarious in his dorky-tsundere role.
She doesn’t overdo or exaggerate her actions either. I just wish they did something with her eye. because it’s really pretty and I hated seeing her have to cover it up all the time.
The drama’s comedy is well-done and the entire force consists of mostly hilarious dorks.