What are you currently watching?

It’s already on Nfx (the first episode). Thanks for the recommendations. I’ll put it on my list. I simply don’t have time to watch a lot of dramas right now though :sweat_smile:

1 Like

ok everyone Law school, first two episodes, some of ouir favorite actors too. I think some of you will like it. the young people classes for law and so on, the have fake court sessions, but a ywist in the second episode, It isn’t fast-paced, and some of you may think its a bit boring. cant wait for the next episodes!!

so my “agenda” is going to be filled. Saturday & Sunday Vincinzo, monday & tues theyi Law school is on NF, quite good, for some of you it may be boring, but theres a lot of twists in the story, they have fake court trials, then something happens close to home for them, I think its neat , and some of our older favorite actors too so my agenda is gonna be full for awhile Sat & sun Vincenzo , Monday & Tues Navillera, then Thurs & Law school. and of course the last episode they left me jhanging!!

4 Likes

Did you mean Missing: The Other Side? I don’t usually like ghosts and stuff, but I’ll try!

3 Likes

Watch it; I was shocked on how much I like this one. Found odd that @lutra picked this drama bc she’s so picky so I went to see what was it about, and loved it. It’s worth watching. The fact that is short is a plus. Every episode has a ‘‘cliffhanger’’ to follow next episode. haven’t finished yet.

1 Like

Sadly, law school didn’t caught my attention. I hate dramas where they put down a character, and the other is always praised. It happened in the first episode, and it completely turned me off.

Missing: The Other Side is fantastic. It has a touch of Hotel De Luna. I know you’ll like it and it only has 12 episodes. The cast are all great in their respective role.

1 Like

I need top re-watch missing was a good drama, and yes you are right about law school, I hope it gets better

1 Like

Wow. SMH. My inner fan girl feels like slinking away to put my head in a paper bag. Doctor PRISONER. That’s what I get for staying up late bingewatching anything by Namgoong Min.

Oh, and can anyone who is not baffled by Korean-English transliteration explain that lovely actor’s name and how he has chosen to be known as an actor?

Not that, as an American ajummah/ajoomma/ajumeoni I expect to walk into my local excellent Korean restaurant (Seoul House, Rochester, NY) and walk up to him and say, “Hey, 남궁민, are you going to just sit there while someone old enough to be your mother is waiting for a grill table?”

But Rochester and the surrounding area has a HUGE Korean community. And despite recent stuff going on, NY the state offers a lot of incentives for people and organizations wanting to make movies, so ya never know, right?

2 Likes

I love watching Chief Kim , was funny and good

3 Likes

I am rewatching the crowned clown, its been so long since I have watched this, had to refresh myself to know what it was about. so far really good and thought I would re watch a bunch of others I havent watched in some time

4 Likes

It so happens I rewatched a few days ago [W] when I want to see a combination of romance and fantasy I always go to [W and The Only Love Song] Those two never get old on me.

3 Likes

thats another one I haven’t watched in awhile, think I will put it on my list (W) anyway, and don’t recall the only lovesong, guess I will check it out too. thanks for the tip

3 Likes

awww can’t get the only love song!! but think I will re watch “lord fox” well I always call it that, the love knot, his excentlys first love, and love from the stars. oh yeah angels last mission. and that one is a maybe.

1 Like

taxi driver, the last two episodes were awesome! also watching w, very good!

3 Likes

@frustratedwriter

Sorry wrote one word wrong in the title. YOU was the one that told me about this drama a long time ago lol

My Only Love Song

2 Likes

I was pondering of whether to watch or to dismiss the idea.
River Where the Moon Rises
After the pull out of Ji Soo and reading that the first episodes will be re-shot, I was wondering if Viki would get those new ones without Ji Soo or not. So now I started to watch at least the first episodes to get some orientation and later on I will decide if and when to watch.

4 Likes

Tale of Nokdu - I LOVE LOVE it!

3 Likes

I’ve been binging on Sunshine of my Life! It’s really good! It is a love story - the leads are mostly mature and really only suffer communication and distance issues. He (Zhang Han), is a workaholic owner of a fashion company and she, (Xu Lu), is a dedicated, independent-minded student of traditional arts currently studying couture in Paris. Of course, the parents (mom) want to arrange his marriage to another corporation’s daughter but he’s not having it.

The other characters are typical characters in romance shows - however, they are well written.

What is really interesting to me is the background story of couture design, traditional embroidery, and other ancient crafts from China. The characters own/work at a fashion design company where they are trying to incorporate traditional arts like embroidery, batiks, and traditional fabrics like ramie with modern/western attire and make it marketable for a global clientele. It also shows the dichotomy of thought between traditional and modern lifestyles. It is fascinating and the couture designs toward the end of the show are drop-dead gorgeous!

I’ve seen comments where some people complain that it is too slow and they skip ahead but they are missing the richness of traditional arts when they skip.

The only thing I hate in this show is that he tends to pinch her cheeks and that just bugs me on a personal level whenever I see it in any show. :roll_eyes: :grin:

3 Likes

I’d rather see a pat on the head if noting else. yes I don’t like the pinched cheek either, supposed to be an endearment thing, but I only see abuse, awwww over thinking I guess

2 Likes

Just finished watching A Taxi Driver@choitrio had recommended this a long time ago and WOW I was not disappointed. It was a beautiful watch, well worth anyone’s time.

I cried, I cried so hard over all those lives sacrificed for democracy. I cried watching those smiling, laughing students not moving anymore because their own government was against them. I cried watching an unlikely band of taxi drivers bravely doing what they could for their country.

The movie was shot and done so well. It reminded me that no matter how bad the world gets, there will always be wonderful people who will group together for good. People who would still sacrifice their everything for people they had just met, all for a greater cause. It’s not just for Koreans, it serves to remind everyone how precious freedom is.
The movie is very human, showing the Gwangju Uprising through the eyes of a common citizen.
The whole cast was stunning in their own roles, I saw quite a few familiar faces.

4 Likes

@vivi_1485, you are an old soul.:blush: Independence, democracy, and freedom are very precious and they often come at unthinkably high cost. I feel ashamed to admit that what I know about Gwangju is mostly from watching these dramas even though they are not documentaries so I am grateful for dramas such as A Taxi Driver.

5 Likes