What are you currently watching?

Thank you for the suggestion! I was searching for a good Turkish drama atm :hearts:

3 Likes

I actually finished this just now. Not a great drama but good enough to pass the time. You maybe shouldn’t watch if you don’t have patience, actually sometimes this drama likes to drag and drag certain plots. Another point I won’t hide as spoiler, but write it here - if the mentioning of a person infected by a virus and scenes of treating this person with protective clothing triggers bad experiences because of our global situation, then don’t watch it at all.
Because it is half-heartedly done and might make you angry or even frustrated. Anyway I watched till the end and for all these interested it is a happy ending.

P.S. … and don’t expect too great kissing scenes, there are many kisses all in all, but only a few you would call “nice shots”

3 Likes

Woah, it seems that Viki is all of a sudden flooded with new k-dramas and movies. I feel bad declining invitations to join the English team but there are just so many now. Channels have been created for Youth of May, Imitation, Bossam, Doom at Your Service, So I Married the Anti-Fan, and all of them seem interesting.

4 Likes

ok I missed Youns kitchen, I am going to check it out

2 Likes

miss crow & mr lizard, 12 legend, wow couple good ones here, at least at the start

1 Like

Yes, there’s a whole deluge of k-movies!:scream: And quite a few Vietnamese ones, too!

3 Likes

As a viewer, it’s a great news, but as a subber it’s quite overwhelming.

3 Likes

Y’all take care and don’t overwork yourselves…we non-subbers will take care of the whiners in the Reviews and Comments​:sweat_smile::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Fighting! Let’s do this!

5 Likes

yeah, we do need you subbers! I know I am not able to do it. like Vivi said, we will take care of the whiners!

5 Likes

I was watching NCT DREAM’s ongoing show “7’llin in the DREAM” (7 = ‘chil’ in Korean and there are seven members) on Youtube…
It may not be everyone’s cup of tea, but the reason I loved it(other than the fact that I love NCT DREAM) is because it’s basically seven best friends on vacation. They’re out in the sun, together, laughing, yelling at each other, arguing, cooking, playing games, singing and just having fun being together. Each member has a different personality, and together they’re pure chaos and fun.

I felt like it was lovely to watch something like that in these times. They’re doing everything I wish I could do with my friends right now. :blush::heart_eyes: Aah, to go swimming in the sun again!

3 Likes

@rose_shn

Let me know how you liked it, and I hope you make a request too. Thanks.

Only two episodes are out but I can see that it’s going to be a good one.

4 Likes

I went to check it out today but I’m gonna wait for a few more subbed episodes. I started [DARK HOLE] and is quite confusing bc it has a serial killer, zombies and a shaman story included. I don’t know how they gonna pull that out lol

4 Likes

I think they are still trying to recruit Kor-Eng. subbers for Bosssm so even the two episodes that are out have not been fully subbed yet. I haven’t checked out Dark Hole yet. Since I’ve had an overload of dark dramas (L.U.C.A., Mouse, and Beyond Evil), I might put Dark Hole on hold for a while.

5 Likes

@choitrio

You should stay away from those dark dramas for a while. [Dark Hole] is scary, and gives me anxiety, but I like the rush and fear I get from certain zombie dramas/movies. I’m sticking with that one since I dumped L.U.C.A. Mouse, and I don’t think I wanna check out Beyond Evil bc the title says a lot to me already.

To be honest, all this ‘‘dark dramas’’ are getting to me already. Bring romance back into our dramas,even all those obnoxious ‘‘cliches,’’ and I think a lot of us will be happier.

2 Likes

So Viki has a new feature now: I got this as soon as I opened the website. Did everyone get to or is it just because I started watching So I Married The Antifan?
Is anyone watching the drama? I’m interested because it’s Choi Tae Joon’s first lead role and I cannot wait to see him get the FL for ONCE.

5 Likes

Aw, Channa Banana from 2pm! I love him!:purple_heart: (and his heart for 2pm is purple)

1 Like

I helped with translations for a couple of Teasers, and Behind the Scenes 1 and 2 for “So I Married the Anti-Fan” and it seemed like a cute drama. The drama is being subbed by Viki so at least there shouldn’t be any delays with the subtitles.

4 Likes

I didn’t see the pop-up, no. I haven’t watched the drama though.

1 Like

@rose_shn @angelight313_168
Anyone else who watched this one?
I felt like at least 30 years back when I was a lot into historical fiction romance novels … Later I would only touch those books when I was sick and would often call them “40 °C books”. It’s my nickname for them, I needed to stay in bed to read so-called trivial novels.

Anyway this drama gave me all kind of feels, the FL kind of badass like Scarlett O’Hara, but yet blended with “Mellie’s genes” - I don’t know if I can make you understand what I mean.
Cast - The leading casts age is more or less 40 years, yet the characters are in between 15 and early 20, given the thought that people back in the days wouldn’t turn as old as today … Well I tried it that way, but it didn’t work, so I just embraced the characters at face value and put the though about age far, far away.
I am asking since I am not the biggest fan of Chinese historical dramas, is there something alike this with “older” actors like in this one?
What comes now? For those who already watch it. I felt that they kind of butchered one of my favorite characters - General Song - his path on the dark side just didn’t cut it for me, or I just didn’t want to believe. On the other hand all there were so many people abandoning their kids like. I can’t get over it, but good for A’ Wu and Xiao Chi since they wanted a bunch of kids anyway.

3 Likes