What are you currently watching?

LOVE that one

2 Likes

Does anyone else binge 3/4 through a show in a few days and then just get STUCK and start something new? It’s like I have episode 12 syndrome (or 18/30/etc in Chinese dramas).

But right now I’m watching:

Miss Crow with Mr. Lizard - Allen Ren is such a cutie patootie. I have to admit I am finding the side characters’ stories tough to care about, but the main leads are great.

Go Ahead - OK I admit it, I watched Under the Power and now have to hoover up everything with Tan Songyun or Allen Ren in it

My Mr. Mermaid - The pattern continues. But the abs were a lie. :rofl:

So I Married the Anti-Fan - This one started out great, but I’m not sure how it’s going to continue. The leads are new to me and I really like them.

5 Likes

ooh the synopsis looks interesting! How is it?

1 Like

The ML Choi Tae Joon is supporting male lead in Suspicious Partner and The Undateables. I recommend Suspicious Partner: no second lead syndrome, and the FL and he are best friends!

2 Likes

Thanks! I haven’t seen either but I’ll definitely put Suspicious Partner on the queue. It sounds really unique!

3 Likes

Till now, pretty good :smile:
So many cliffhangers though :laughing:

1 Like

Just started Love is Phantom.

I do it ALL the time! I have so many shows going right now. Sometimes it is because I don’t want it to end! Sometimes it is because the couple finally gets together and I need to find a new couple. I am in Naverilla, Tale of Nokdu, Love Is Science, The Updateables right now with several on the side to finish!

2 Likes

Wookie - Suspicious Partner - He can kiss like nobody else and he is a broody lawyer! Aw, Wookie! I love him! The villian in SP is really good!

2 Likes

I loved Nokdu, definitely an easy start to finish watch. Normally the Joseon ones are easy for me to power through because the court/political intrigue carries the drama even when the romance is mutual and happy. And I hear you on not wanting it to end. I loved and compulsively watched each Mr. Queen ep the second it came out, but haven’t seen the last one just because I’m going to be so sad when it ends, and I’m afraid of the ending. I admit it makes no sense!

1 Like

I watch and double watch Mr. Queen Episodes so its slow getting through it.

I CANNOT BELIEVE SHE DID NOT WIN BEST ACTRESS UGH

Nope I cannot finish Empress Ki cuz I know! And some shows if I let them end they are over - I do it with books I don’t read the last one!

1 Like

I think the show deserved lots of nominations that it didn’t get, I assume it was skipped over for political/controversy reasons. Shin Hye Sun definitely deserved to have won for best actress though!

The Baeksang awards always make me so grouchy. I haven’t seen a lot of the shows yet, but the only award I agreed with was Oh Jung Se (the brother in It’s OK not to be OK) as best supporting actor. He was -phenomenal- in that role.

2 Likes

@kdrama2020ali
@brickout

May I recommend a C-Drama to you both? Based on your posts, I think you’ll like this, even when it ends, it doesn’t feels like it ends.
!https://images.app.goo.gl/S4K6TPhdvvqaAYFm7

1 Like

Who won best actress in the end?

I was kinda hoping Lee Joon Gi would win Best Actor but oh well. Flower of Evil is one of my all time favorite thrillers.
Glad Lee Do Hyun won Best New Actor for is performance in 18 Again

3 Likes

I have just gotto watch suspicious partner again1

I have started watching a new one, and so reminds me of Madam watson and dr cutie, (Imperial Coroner) under the power. just similarities. but first couple of episodes quiet good

2 Likes

I needed a break from the fighting and heavy stuff I watched.
So started this one

To begin with it’s slow, very slow, it tells pretty much at first and shows less, but it takes up pace around ep 10 and gets better in timely delivery.

It has 24 eps around half an hour an episode, so it could count as a short drama. Don’t know if it ends well delivered, but I am sure it will have a happy end.

2 Likes

Have you watched My Little Happiness (VIKI) and Love is Sweet (another streaming service)! These are similar to Love in Time. I didn’t finish that one I think it got slow for me but I will go back to it now that it is on Viki.

SURE! When A Snail Falls in Love I have heard of that one

Totally! A shame if she didn’t get even nominated RIGHT? And Vincenzo DESERVED awards! I think Song Joong Ki and the show didn’t get noticed like they should have. And of course I love my baby babel Kwak Dong Yeon

1 Like

Not using another, busy enough with Viki’s content.

Yes.

Was at Viki, restricted the past year(s), could have watched it before but missed out on it. Heard good things about it.

3 Likes

GOSH PEOPLE!!! WATCH TAXI DRIVER. I just finished the 12th episode and can say this is one of the best drama so far; although it involves a lot of violence, I really, really like it. The whole story plot is different from recent dramas and make more sense than what we have out here lately. I have dropped so many dramas lately bc they are too violent, and don’t have a ‘‘purpose’’ or ‘‘ending’’ worth waiting for. I honestly hope you pass by to check it out. They are slow in the subbing department so be aware of that.

4 Likes

ummm…this one fell SPLAT on its face for me. I wanted to slap both the main characters so hard; they were so idiotic that I really didn’t care about the ending. I had to stop editing pre-subs for a while because I was so frustrated and learn how to separate my emotions from the job I had to do.
The only thing that kept me watching (aside from the fact that I had to edit pre-subs :joy:) was the ML’s secretary. I loved his acting and character. He had two significant scenes in the drama and wow they were awesome!
Even the SFL villain woman acted better than the mains. I wanted her to be happy in the end. She’s SFL in Octogenarians too and I still love her no matter what she does- her acting really is endearing. Hope she gets a main role soon^^
I’d say watch You are My Hero or rewatch one of the old fluffy dramas because I really can’t find any decent new ones. Octogenarians is good if you’re fine with something slow and lacking on the romance side but quite heartwarming with all the different types of elderly people.
Watxhinf I Am Not A Robot again has me going through all those emotions once more and wowwww the old kdrama charm is so beautiful! I feel so refreshed and full of sunshine

2 Likes