What are you reading?

3 Likes

I got one of my books today, oh boy going to be reading this today!! “Art Forger”

3 Likes

ok heres something for us writers or frustrated writers…

me… walking like a penguin

2 Likes

If any of you lack
wisdom, let him ask
of God, that giveth
to all men liberally,
and upbraideth not;
and it shall be given
him. - James 1:5 KJV
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=James1:5&version=KJV

3 Likes

The last picture was my life, until I did a book sale, at a flee market table, a friend had set up - this was the early 2000s. Ever since I’ve had a weaning off books :books: .

1 Like

Wisdom is a terrible thing to possess. It makes you realise how broken man’s world is with no way of fixing it.
Like, right now, foreign armies have assembled in my country, ready to start WWIII. No amount of wisdom is going to change this, for it is the act of brainless men.

Those who lack any wisdom, however, are enjoying the 3-day weekend… Go figure…

2 Likes

:worried: I hear ya’!

:pleading_face: I pray they will scatter in all four directions of north, east, south, and west. They will not bring harm to any region, and return to replenish the earth. In Jesus name :raised_hands:t5: :raised_hands:t5: :raised_hands:t5: Amen! :pray:t5:

:unamused: :pensive: :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Thank you for your kind words and thoughts. You have yourself a wonderful weekend. :hugs: :heart:

3 Likes

IMG-20210630-WA0003~2

3 Likes

don’t know if you’re still interested, but this is a nice, free-to-enter creative writing competition held one in two months. I used to participate, but I never won :sweat_smile: I liked the picture prompts… they got my imagination going

3 Likes

adrianmoralesWisdom is a terrible thing to possess. It makes you realise how broken man’s world is with no way of fixing it. Like, right now, foreign armies have assembled in my country, ready to start WWIII Those who lack any wisdom, however, are enjoying the 3-day weekend… Go figure…
[/quote]

I believe that’s called [Defense Mechanism], and it’s a way for us HUMANS to escape our fears and dread, of what is to come in our future. It was predicted by Nostradamus, it’s in the Bible in REVELATION, but we are all in denial, not accepting what was waiting all this time in the plans of the dark heart of evil man/doers.

You should have also enjoyed the 3 day getaway because those times might never come back to us. But more than anything in this world; have FAITH that there is a Higher Power, and that HIGHER POWER it’s on our side. STRONG faith can move mountains, and to be worried and scared, it’s only HUMAN. I know what you are going through.

But I hope you never forget to stand in that ROCK and Believe all Good things are possible. There is a ‘‘joke’’ amongst Christians that the BIBLE means: “Best Instructions Before Leaving Earth” (as an acronym for the word BIBLE). I love to read and grow more in Faith, as I read over and over again this verse.

1 Like

I read these books some years ago, and found them, so decided to re-read them. the art forger & the collectors apprentice, really quite good. just started them, the author is B A Shapiro

3 Likes

Thank you so much. Have a pleasant day. :sunny: :hugs:

1 Like

I feel like big men are itching, it has been too quite for a while with Covid, a war usually boosts economy elsewhere… reading that China dispatched a heep of airplanes flying and likely showing off to Taiwan… I think they have been preparing for some time they do this provocation every few months, it’s a question when the spark will fly to ignite the fire…

3 Likes

art forger & the collectors apprentice

2 Likes

I really enjoyed ‘The Art Forger’. If the same author wrote “The Collector’s Apprentice”, I will have to look into it because I liked her writing style, and it was quick and easy to read but kept me on my toes.

1 Like

yes same author, she is fantastic !

1 Like

Hiii. Just saw this and couldn’t help but pass by. :joy:
I am currently reading the Middle School series because that was my latest book purchase and, well, I was trying to finish the whole series by the end of last week so that I could lend it to a friend. But things didn’t go as planned so I only let them borrow four of them. Hahaha.
And then, there is also Rebel Talent - I’m halfway through or so.

How about you? What are you currently reading?

2 Likes

Never I hope. There are way more people out there doing good. :heart:

4 Likes

would anyone know where I could find mysteries/suspense in genealogy stories. I did find some a few years ago, but cant find them again

2 Likes