What are you reading?

I am still reading from my list, a couple are quite boring, I may go to the last page and read last chapter then go on to something else

are we like this???

2 Likes

my_happy place, I think I have read that a few years ago! it does sound familiarā€¦ read first chapter on amazon, YEAH!!! this one was a good one, guess who is ordering it today?? hehehehe and ordered another one, I have forgotten about these! now I can delete Atlantis gene.

1 Like

It was really good and a really easy read. I started it one night before bed and finished it by the next afternoon.

1 Like

@frustratedwriter

I recommend this because itā€™s such an inspiring story of surviving through lifeā€™s most cruel trying times. I can never forget this story and I read it many years ago. I got in from the Library and you might find it there, too. btw, Falling Leaves is a must to read, too.

excerpt from: wikipedia/amazon

From the author of critically acclaimed and bestselling memoir Falling Leaves, this is a poignant and moving true account of her childhood, growing up as an unloved daughter in 1940s China. Like the classic Cinderella story, this powerful memoir is a moving story of resilience and hope.

This book is looking at me and I should reread it, itā€™s a motivational and inspirational guidance book. I need to reorganize my life this year, small steps and just need some reinforcement.

the same writer wrote this book here which is also great and full of good avices!

I bought a diary notebook that I wanted start but I got an eye infection and typing here itā€™s okay just not on paperā€¦
Anyone else starting writing diary???

3 Likes

I started reading this book again, and in my opinion, itā€™s an awesome book to learn about how we canā€™t allow evil overtake us/our soul ( after all we are imperfect humans), and we must learn through our trials and pain not to loose our sense of whatā€™s really being good and being evil, and once we recognize the evil is within ā€˜ā€˜usā€™ā€™ and not others, we can learn how we can overcome that evil with good, so we can win the never ending battle.
If thereā€™s a time where we question if being GOOD in life is worth it; This is the book to read, and you can cast out all doubts aside. HOPE YOU ALL LOOK INTO IT. SPIRITUAL READING.

This book written by a Jewish Rabbi [WHEN BAD THINGS HAPPEN TO GOOD PEOPLE]
Author: HAROLD S. KUSHNER

ON A MORE SCIENTIFIC LEVEL FOR THOSE WHO ARE NOT INTO RELIGIOUS THEMES:
Rational Emotive Behavior
Albert Ellis
His work was based on how an individualā€™s beliefs strongly affect their emotional functioning and behaviors. Ellis called these irrational beliefs, because they made people feel depressed, anxious, and angry and led to self-defeating behaviors.

ā€˜ā€˜THEREā€™S NO SUCH THING AS GOOD OR BAD, BUT THINKING MAKES IT SOā€¦ā€™ā€™

During my College years, I did an essay of 500 words, and got an A+ I started my topic with the quote: Thereā€™s no such thing as good or bad, but thinking makes it so.ā€™ā€™

ā€œDonā€™t get mad or get evenā€”get placid using these techniques for defusing difficult situations.ā€
This one helps you find ways to keep the darts of the evil one from hitting you/me/us/etc. For when we are attacked by other people, is not them, but the evil one that they allow to enter into their soul, and he uses them to do his evil deeds. Itā€™s not an easy battle, but is a worth it to fight back. FOR WHILE THE DIFFICULT TAKES TIME, THE IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKE A LITTLE LONGER.

3 Likes

simi11, they sure look good, I will look for them, Mirjam, I sure missed yours, thay look awesome!!

audio books? hmm good thing, while crocheting

3 Likes

supposed to get my books I ordered ,today, canā€™t wait to get started!!

.awwwww they didnā€™t come today, oh well!!

1 Like

Iā€™m about to complete childrenā€™s literature ā€œThe girl who drank the moonā€. :smiley: i wanted to read something light and funny but i ended up with a very winding story.

4 Likes

4 Likes

6 Likes

I was an avid reader. Totally obsessed in reading self help books, psychology material, and real life stories books. When the pandemic started, I noticed I could not stay focused while reading. I felt that I ā€˜ā€˜forgotā€™ā€™ how to read or something. My brain no longer had my gifted precious memory retention I had in the past. Little by little is coming back, and I renewed my READER DIGEST subscription. I hope it goes back to normal bc I miss reading books, and especially learning a new language. I finally also started to pray in Hebrew the OUR FATHER, and practice learning Hebrew in the process.

5 Likes

4 Likes

That is so true!
Reading material influence a lot on what ā€˜ā€˜we thinkā€™ā€™

That is the main reason we must read what WE REALLY LIKE.

Itā€™s good when people recommend books to us so we explore other things in life, and we take it from there. We decide if we like it or not dump it or treasure it.

2 Likes

3 Likes

I got one of my books today, oh boy going to be reading this today!! ā€œArt Forgerā€

3 Likes

ok heres something for us writers or frustrated writersā€¦

meā€¦ walking like a penguin

2 Likes

If any of you lack
wisdom, let him ask
of God, that giveth
to all men liberally,
and upbraideth not;
and it shall be given
him. - James 1:5 KJV
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=James1:5&version=KJV

3 Likes

The last picture was my life, until I did a book sale, at a flee market table, a friend had set up - this was the early 2000s. Ever since Iā€™ve had a weaning off books :books: .

1 Like

Wisdom is a terrible thing to possess. It makes you realise how broken manā€™s world is with no way of fixing it.
Like, right now, foreign armies have assembled in my country, ready to start WWIII. No amount of wisdom is going to change this, for it is the act of brainless men.

Those who lack any wisdom, however, are enjoying the 3-day weekendā€¦ Go figureā€¦

2 Likes