2 Likes

I’m currently reading,

Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Pathway to purpose & the Bible

2 Likes

Has been a long time since I posted last here, but I am reading

3 Likes

I thought I would share these if anyone is interested in research of their family history

Books and Memoirs about Handling Family Secrets

• Family by Ian Frazier (Picador): An acclaimed writer turns his attention to 200 years of his family’s middle-class history, revealing their little dramas in the larger picture of their historical context, from the Revolutionary War to the 20th century.
  • Five-Finger Discount: A Crooked Family History (Random House) and Murder in Matera: A True Story of Passion, Family, and Forgiveness in Southern Italy (Dey Street) by Helene Stapinski: A journalist traces her less-than-ennobling family history through the criminal culture of Jersey City, N.J., and back to the mythologized crime of her immigrant ancestor in Italy.
  • Hidden Inheritance: Family Secrets, Memory, and Faith by Heidi B. Neumark (Abingdon Press): A Lutheran pastor discovers her Jewish roots and learns of their Holocaust trauma. Her genealogical journey becomes a spiritual one as she challenges her faith and identity and looks difficult history in the eye.
  • Prague Winter: A Personal Story of Remembrance and War, 1937–1948 by Madeleine Albright (Harper Perennial): The former Secretary of State reflects on her discovery of her Jewish family’s WWII experience and reflects on their experiences and secrets kept for decades.
  • The Slaves Have Names: Ancestors of My Home by Andi Cumbo-Floyd (CreateSpace): A white woman researches the identities and stories of the enslaved people who lived on her family’s plantation and confronts the culture of silence that had kept them hidden from history.
3 Likes

Am reading ‘Here and Now and Then’ by Mike Chen

2 Likes

I am currently rereading the darkest power series by kelley armstrong. This series is in my top ten.

3 Likes

the sea people,

I just got this delivered today, and started reading it.

PS. The book went back 3 times (don’t know why), but I didn’t give up and kept re-ordering until today was the winner day. We need to know how to fight the +evil one+ and his attacks.

I’M READING NOW: THE HOLY BIBLE

Loved this psalm so I wanted to share it here, too.

1 Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

2 I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust.”

3 Surely he will save you
from the fowler’s snare
and from the deadly pestilence.
4 He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
5 You will not fear the terror of night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,
6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
nor the plague that destroys at midday.
7 A thousand may fall at your side,
ten thousand at your right hand,
but it will not come near you.
8 You will only observe with your eyes
and see the punishment of the wicked.

9 If you say, “The Lord is my refuge,”
and you make the Most High your dwelling,
10 no harm will overtake you,
no disaster will come near your tent.
11 For he will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways;
12 they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
13 You will tread on the lion and the cobra;
you will trample the great lion and the serpent.

14 “Because he loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
15 He will call on me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble,
I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life I will satisfy him
and show him my salvation.”

AMEN/AMEN/AMEN.

2 Likes

I’m reading heaven official blessing and I love it

2 Likes

Hi, I like fantasy combined with some action and suspans. The last book was Game of thrones by George R. Martin.

1 Like

I’m trying to read all the Paddington books. I’m currently reading ‘Paddington Takes To TV’ and almost done!

3 Likes

For the 20th time, just finished: The Mystery of Malbackt by Max du Veuzit (Spanish version).
For the 3rd time: Sandokan - The Tigers of Mompracem by Emilio Salgari (Italian version). My inner child/teenager rejoices with such books.

1 Like

Salmo 91. Mi profundo respeto y felicitaciones por tu publicación.

2 Likes

I couldn’t agree more.

I spent a good part of this past year reading La Casa de Los Espiritus in Spanish with the help of a wonderful tutor, but she got sick, and I haven’t gotten past Clara cursing in church during Holy Week.

The book is wickedly funny, poetic, and compassionate, and of course all of its beauty is totally lost in the English translation.

2 Likes

I can only imagine the book in original language as the film adaptation was beyond amazing !

1 Like

So I really like romantic stories, but with lots of spice, and drama. It gives me a reason to wake up and be excited for because I urge to know more!

1 Like

Uuuu, Sandokan. When I was a kid we have it as comics. And Rahan or Pif&Hercules… I would like to go back… :slight_smile: :grinning: