What are you reading?

Currently I am trying to make my way through Isabel Allende’s Casa de Los Espirtus (House of the Spirits) in Spanish. I have always been barely bilingual, but during the summer I committed to getting tutoring in Spanish so that I don’t need a dictionary every five words. It’s funny and scary and good all at the same time.

6 Likes

Just Found a Version of Crime and Punishment and I am thinking of giving it a shot. Because… why not?

5 Likes

just trying to finish what I started a few weeks ago

2 Likes

@frustratedwriter

I think you should grab a book on PROCRASTINATION, and how you can learn to finish things once you pick it up. You know the saying; Don’t leave for tomorrow what you can do today. I read a book on procrastination, and it helped me a lot. I have 100% faith on it.

1 Like

The Bookshop on the Corner - by Jenny Colgan

and

The Orphan Keeper by Camron Wright

2 Likes

I stumbled over this new book online, this memoir book looks well written and the story must be very interesting!!
It’s titled The Black Girl From Pyongnang, March 9 on sale.

a short summary also to read here:

3 Likes

Well i do like some fiction thing, but as my study progresses i need to learn a lot and so i need to read some special literature

1 Like
2 Likes

The Jewel of Seven Stars - Bram Stoker

2 Likes

I gave up on learning a different language bc at this stage of my life it was just creating too much unnecessary stress on my life. When I was younger/teenager I tried learning Hebrew, but found out my community was largely YIDDISH speakers, and learning Hebrew was useless. Then, when I got old, I wanted to learn praying in Hebrew, but all I learned so far and after many years: [spoiler] Baruch ata Adonai Eloheinu melech ha-olam - YouTube

I, so far can only enjoy my READER’S DIGEST in large print since my eyesight is deteriorating a lot bc of my Lupus disease. I donated several audio books I had to learn Korean because it was affecting so much how I was writing my English sentence since Korean sentence structure is what I call ‘‘backwards.’’ Yesterday, I was watching ‘‘Dinner’s Mate’’ and the guys tells her in Korean very clearly: ‘‘It’s delicious, eat.’’ instead of saying Eat, it’s delicious (he already had started to eat before she did). In this drama specifically every character/role was saying the Korean sentence backwards like; ‘‘This pizza I love to eat, I always come here.’’ Now that I have a sharper understanding of the Korean language, it sounds so weird to me when they talk. I decided to stop trying to learn Korean because at this point in my life I don’t need to confuse the little cells I have in my brain ‘‘actively working’’ sort of speak. lol

Large Prints books are so expensive, and Libraries (in my area) have close to none, so I resigned myself to leaving the reading to others. It would be nice if they did a Topic here, and write notes of important things they learned from a book that they read. Sharing their reading, and the positive things they learned from reading them, would be a nice thing to share with others here at Discussion (hoping they make it short though since too information can become boring to read). Let’s share the knowledge/Love :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

3 Likes

It is kinda hard to be consistent sometimes you know, but it try. And yes, i do not complain about my study, cause i like it. It is always interesting to help other people and it is always very good when you receive your thank you from others, but sometimes i feel like i’ve been burnt. Maybe this is why i sometimes use some help with my nursing writing services because i cannot sometimes deal with everything by myself, but overall, i’m glad that i have chosen exactly this profession

1 Like

Will begin to watch the drama after I’ve read the book! Can’t wait! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I’ve read that one, too. :heart_eyes:
I’ve never seeen the drama, though…

1 Like

@jadecloud88

I already saw it, and I know you will like the book more since I read a lot of comments that the drama didn’t do justice to the book; so that says a lot to me. Both ML and FL did an amazing job in playing their roles so I have no complains.

PS. They made a very hot scene that looked so real I’m no longer doubting they were real. lol

1 Like

I read in the Moment Shadow and Bone and with a friend and a Book clup The Cruel Prince and with two other babel and I also read The Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivaion and MONA what is a German book.

Wow.

(Giphy)

2 Likes

If it were available on Viki, I’d love to have a WP with you. It’s a must-watch multi-season drama!

I read some similar comments about that too. No matter though. I don’t expect any screenwriter/director to follow any adapted media to a T. I’m fine with them having some creative freedom. Since the drama is reportedly one of four seasons, to me, the “jury is still out” and so, I’ll just savor the book and later the drama series. :heart_eyes:

That’s awesome! Can’t wait to watch them! :star_struck: :blush:

3 Likes

7 Likes

Loved this book

1 Like

I am reading ( The last thing he told me )

1 Like