What are you reading?

Currently reading Verdwijnpunt by Wytske Versteeg: http://www.letterenfonds.nl/en/book/1319/vanishing-point

Lately I have also been listening to some audiobooks on YouTube (mostly horror).

In general, there are a lot of genres I like. Nowadays I read mostly in either Dutch or English (simply because those are the easiest available ones), but in the past I read books in German, French, Swedish, and Norwegian as well.

3 Likes

I donā€™t usually do this, but thought yā€™all might be interested

I like scifi, mysteries, history search&research(genealogy)

3 Likes

I couldnā€™t resist to say: ā€œIā€™m reading my bills!!ā€ :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Currently Iā€™m reading news onlineā€¦ ever daily changes and happeningsā€¦ hope Dems wonā€™t raise taxes!! At this time I have no time for a book, although I saved many and unfortunately donated manyā€¦ In past I co-read books that kids had as school assignments like Hole and the Breadwinner, and of course Harry Potter books, I like fiction and fairytales. Another one was the Swiss accountsā€¦ during WWII and The Greenlanders a fat big book, very well written!!

Other fat book was ā€œGone With The Windā€ Iā€™m sure many know the what 3-4 hours long movie and the book had 700 pages :scream:

5 Likes

Donā€™t get too depressed reading those, ya hear? :sweat_smile::joy::rofl:

2 Likes

Since weā€™re on the subject of books, please allow me to tell you about a book I wrote describing a somewhat distant future in which Elon Musk has already conquered the vast outer space, establishing colonies all over the Universe. After the billionaires and scientists and soldiers, regular folk have also started making hyperdrive jumps to these celestial settlementsā€¦ And with them the bad folk too, the criminals, the terroristsā€¦

The protagonist, a jaded detective working on a hot case, is constantly remarking how his new home has become Earth 2.0.

I thought that was really interesting. If you think the same, simply search Detective Ace by Adrian Morales on your reading device. :rocket: :milky_way: :books:

fromeeditdetective

3 Likes

But I disagree with the ā€œfocus on eternity, not the here and nowā€ bit. When your son was sick, you sprung into action. You focused on the immediate situation.
With the pandemic, youā€™re doing more than most of us are. Youā€™re focused on the here and now. Eternity can wait. And youā€™re not saying, ā€œLet God handle it,ā€ either. Youā€™re handling it. With His support, of course.

Anyway, your actions are worth a billion times more than all the preaching in the world. I wish I could help tooā€¦ Mmmā€¦ Perhaps with a funny story to keep your morale highā€¦ :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Yay Adrian, you have some nice author works on Amazon, wishing you good success!! :four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

Thank you so much. I really appreciate it. :grin::orange_heart:

3 Likes

this is an old link , hope someone is hereā€¦

I love reading sci fi, mysteries, and of course vampires & witches, and first & foremost the Bibler, that has 66 books, from romance, mystery, and a bunch inbetween

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

heres another one, wish I could get back into reading again, I know its easy, just pick up a book and read. but we are so intrigued in these dramas, need I say more??

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

maybe I am doing this to get people like me to read more!!

3 Likes

so I got both!!
I find just a very small problem,. to read or crochet, thats the question, I can easily crochet while watching a drama, but to read and crochet? OH I know Kendle, with the audible books???

2 Likes

Maybe you can start with listening to books, relaxed in your chair with a cup of tea or when you go to bed. When youā€™re working on your crochet. Or with anything you do:

Not on YouTube: https://mckenziehunter.com/books/sky-brooks-series/darkness-unleashed/

2 Likes

yeah, sounds good to me!

5 Likes

Watchers of time is what I am starting to read, a physical book at that

by Charles Todd

1 Like

I used to read like crazy, but I am the same as you - once I started watching Asian dramas, Iā€™ve hardly picked up a book other than packing up my extensive library (Iā€™m a book hoarder) to take with me to my new city last year. I have one whole midsized bookshelf of unread books that I have been gifted, and I keep telling myself Iā€™ll get to them eventually. Iā€™m in a drama slump right now, so maybe now is the perfect time to get back to the other world of endless stories.

3 Likes

well I am going to try and change that! get back into reading that is. yes a drama slump, the perfect time to get back into reading(another book hoarder here) and besides yarn that is, hehehehehe

3 Likes

and heres another thing, I want to learn to write, I have kept putting it off for years ( a good onr for the depression link) so tips & pointers will be a good thing

1, what do I want to write a bout? and most of you know me, but of course something about Atlantis, a mystery, scifi, even a who done its!
2 but where do I start

and so on, and way I understand, the ones you want to write, thats the kind of books you need to read.
I just dont want to spend an x amount of dollars to join something (Writers Digest for one) to learn to writeā€¦theres got to be something like Google that I can learn at least the basics!

so what am I going to read?
1 sticks & scones
2 paging the dead
3Frontier Christmas
4 Murder at an Irish wedding
Iā€™d like to find some genealogy mysteries too. so thats it for now
got a lot of amish books which are good, but rather do something else

3 Likes

I love this title. Iā€™ll have to go research it and find out what itā€™s about.

Iā€™m sure there are a lot of resources on the internet for getting started in writing. I hope you find something to help you on that journey.

1 Like

thank you! and I will find my source & resource

Mary, you could participate in online writing contests. Then there usually already is some kind of assignment to get you started.
There might now and then also be writing workshops in bookstores in your hometown. Those are often free of charge.
Check the shops for magazines about writng.

And did you ever participate in NaNoWriMo?
https://nanowrimo.org/about-nano

3 Likes

thats the name!! ā€œtheā€ I was gonna, but didnā€™t!! I will check that out in a few minutesd, as for writing work shops, havenā€™t found any, even the library., I will look more!! still got some book stores I havenā€™t checkedā€¦

2 Likes