What are you reading?

1 Like

I just signed up!! thanks! I have so much wanted to do this!!

1 Like

I also found a bunch of links on facebook too!

1 Like

@frustratedwriter

Be careful with those links, and if they ask too many of your personal information, donā€™t give it to them. We are in dangerous times when it comes to this site, and there are people who are prowling around them links to steal, and do many other damage to others. They are ā€˜ā€˜lurking aroundā€™ā€™ donā€™t become a victim so be cautious. With one link a lady lost $3,500.

2 Likes

oh oh another to look out for! thanks for the ā€œheads upā€ I will be very careful then

maybe thinking of unsubscribing to those links now being that I have the followingā€¦

found a genealogy mystery on my kindel, thought Iā€™d read it today

Hiding the Past, not the one I am looking for

Christmas cupcakes & a caper

the vanished child

and got a bunch of creative writing books there too!!

find the healing quilt from Wanda Bruenstetter, awesome story do the Christmas quilt first.

the Jayne Synclair Genealogy
honestly, I forgot I had these!!! but physical books to me are better, but now I got these so plan to read a bunch the next few weeks

1 Like

I just seen this and I had to share!
oh my goodness!!

1 Like

Because I really adore English and its Grammar in particular, Iā€™m currently reading this awesome book written by an equally awesome writer:

Screenshot_20211219-153206_Kindle

3 Likes

and a lot of us Englishers mess up the language, esp those commas for one. I think I got a book like that in my ā€œcollectionā€

2 Likes

2 Likes

In South Korea, subway cars have mini libraries. How freaking awesome is this? :bullettrain_front: :books: :books: :books:

interesting-south-korea-208-6127306ae82bf__700~2

6 Likes

Wow, that is cool!
I already like the little libraries that people put up around the neighborhood [you can take a book and leave one of your own], but this is cool on another level :smile:

5 Likes

got them around my area, I think they are awesome!

2 Likes

I found a book ā€œin my collectionā€ I have forgotten about.Being I am a frustrated writer, need all the help I can get. this one "Building Believable characters.

the gist of it isā€¦ can you describe like say your brother or sister? cousin, mom or dad, teacher etc. I came up with some funny descriptions!!

so Atlantis again, what did they really look like? Fish? or did they just have gills, webs? stuff like that. oh yeah special powers???

1. sticks & scones by Diane Mott Davidson
    2The Atlantis Gene by Ag Riddle, (theres 2 more in this series, Amazon here I come!!)
    3A turn in the road, Debbie Macomber
    5 Darkover Landfall, Marion Zimmer Bradley
    6Wed and Buried ,Mary Daheim
    got more but this is a start

drewcart, theres the audible ones

1 Like

All-time favorite book: The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova

First book I finished myself: Original Sin (Been trying to it published for a while now, but the market isnā€™t great for high fantasy at the moment.)

Current idea: Mafia romance with a genetic-tampering sci-fi twist (Thought Iā€™d try my hand at writing what the current market likes yet attempt to stay true to my fantasy roots. However, it has become far too similar to 365 days, and the sci-fi element has gotten lost. So, we scrap that idea and try something different.)

Books I go to when I need inspiration:
-Beowulf
-Sir Gawain and the Green Knight
-Othello
-Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead
-Dracula
-The Comet Seekers
-The Righteous Mind: Why good men are divided by religion and politics

***I also get a lot of inspiration from the Bible. Thatā€™s my go-toā€¦spinning religious topics into high fantasy ideas.

I didnā€™t realize until after I made the post that my choice of books are incredibly classical. Who even reads this stuff anymore? LOLs :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

thats why I am called ā€œFrustrated writerā€ , love to write,

2 Likes

I will try and finish what I have started reading over the holidays

1 Like

You do. And thatā€™s totally awesome. :grin: :books:

1 Like

Atlantis Gene, now this one is interesting, at this time I donā€™t or havenā€™t read anything about ā€œAtlantisā€ as far as I can tell its a virus of sorts the book goes from one thing to another.

it is really good when I do get into it, but gosh so many twists and turns. when I tell you this one, you can laugh, as some of you know I am a genealogist at heart, well the person that is heading the research, last name? WARNER!!! my maiden name, ok laugh, and of course thats another reason why I am reading this as well

Darkover Landfill(Marion Zimmer Bradley) this lady was an awesome sci fi writer, she did some stories of Atlantis btw

The Skin map(Stephen Lawhead) I have just started reading some of his books,
Wed & Buried(Mary Daheim) bed & breakfast mysteries

I have read a lot of her books, they are good
this is just an update from my last message. I said I was going to start reading them and I have this past week done that.

Sailormoon4ever, song of solomon a good one, anyway thats just one. heres something you could research, Solomon & Queen of Sheba, 1, did they or did they not, have a child?
2, later did that child take the arc of covenent to his homeland, is it still there? could create a terrific mystery there

Our internet went out last night, and we couldnā€™t get a tech to our house until this morning, so for the first time in a couple years (since I fell down the Asian drama rabbit hole and got addicted) I picked up a book to read before bed instead of my tablet.

The book of choice was ā€˜The Art Forgerā€™ by B.A. Shapiro. Iā€™m already about a third through, and I canā€™t put it down. It looks like drama and dance/music videos will be taking a back seat until I get this puppy finished.

5 Likes

I am still reading from my list, a couple are quite boring, I may go to the last page and read last chapter then go on to something else

are we like this???

2 Likes