What are your favorite Asian dramas?

I am a huge fan of binge watching asian dramas, even though I am from united states, and there are a few that I found really good. Some actually do not have any english sub as of yet (I think??) because I can understand what they are saying but can not write it do you get what I mean? I will put down below if it has english sub or not!

First one on the list is Orange Marmalade (Has english sub) Rating of 8/10
Opinion: It is a really good drama, it is about vampires and humans coexisting, but vampires are still being kept hidden in order for them to go out in society. Humans do not like vampires, so when a vampire is exposed then they are relocated and assigned a new name. The best part about it has minor reincarnation in it, and the main lead actor is pretty good, same with the male lead. This drama had some stuff to it that is usually in most dramas. (But if I am honest I am a sucker for overdone romantic dramas.) It did have action, and it had humor ect. I recommend this to anyone that is a vampire fan.

Next one on my list is Hello Dear Ancestors (Has english sub) Rating: 7/10
Opinion: This one is actually very interesting I kind of got rooftop prince vibes? It has time travel, action but the male lead is pretty good, but on some of the scenes and lines it feels kind of awkward??? That could just be me, but it is really good. The acting is not bad, but it just did not get me to want to watch it 20 more times, maybe if I am looking for a time travel fix.

Third one on the list is Scarlet heart (Has English sub) Rating: 10/10
Opinion: This drama is amazing I mainly like the Korean version better, but the Chinese version is really good too. It has time travel and the acting is amazing, the comedy is there and it is all just so amazing. The ending is just wow, I am like make a season two please?! The Chinese version actually has the first and second season. So If you want a fix then you should head on to the Chinese version because they have the aftermath of the first season (It is still going to have some differences, and will not be the same as the Korean version.)

Fourth one is My Disciple died once again ( Has NO English subs as of yet) Rating: 6/10
Opinion: I actually love this drama, sure it is not well known as the more popular dramas but it is pretty good. There is chemistry, family feels and humor. It does have sad scenes but what drama does not?? It is about a programmer that travels into a new xianxia VR game that was still in the works (Meaning it was not done nor tested) and she ends up becoming a disciple to a male immortal Yu Yan, and he has been waiting a long time for one, and when he gets one he becomes protective (Which is really cute and amazing) but just as she is finally learning something she dies, but then she is reborn and then she becomes a disciple again and so forth. It is a pretty good drama I like it!

Fifth one on my list is Mama Fairy and the Woodcutter (Has English subs) Rating: 7/10
Opinion: So it has reincarnation, great concept acting is pretty great, and all in all it has humor, but sometimes I felt as if it was predictable, but it is a great watch. It is about a fairy that is waiting for her reincarnated husband etc. You should check it out!

Sixth one on my list is I Cannot Hug You (Has English subs) Rating: 8/10
Opinion: It is all about vampires, but not the traditional ones that suck blood etc, the main lead is kind of bratty at first, but when the series goes on she starts to evolve, but the vampires in the show get their feedings from touching people and taking their energy.

Seventh on my list is Somehow 18 (Has English subs) Rating: 10/10
Opinion: It is all about time travel, a man travels back to the past to prevent a long term crush from committing suicide, it is actually pretty good, there are cute scenes and scenes that just make you want to cry! It is great I recommend this, it is in my top 10.

Eight on my list is Oh! My Emperor (Has English subs) Rating: 10/10
Opinion: is by far my favorite on the list. It deals with time travel and minor reincarnation(The last episode). All in all, this is one is the best one on the list in my opinion! It is kind of childish, but a great drama if you are looking for something with a lot of humor, love, romance and all around family undertones. It has fantasy and adventure, and some really amazing actors and the twist at the end it just beautifully made. It did not feel as if they threw something at the very last moment, but that is my personal opinion, but IT IS AMAZING! (If you are a space fan or consolation fan this is for you!)

Ninth on my list is Gu Family book! ( Has English subs ) Rating: 10/10
Opinion: Is also amazing! The only thing I did not like was the ending seemed sloppy and just like it was thrown in at the last moment. I feel as if they should have made another video afterwards but that is me personally. It is really great though , a lot of great characters and will pull at your heart strings, but also make you feel like “what the hell were they thinking”

Tenth on my list is Shopping King Louie (Has English subs) Rating: 10/10
Opinion: ok this is AMAZING, PERFECT, and all in all great comedy and acting. A rich man loses his memory, and then is found by a woman, and then they fall in love, etc. The classic tale, but the drama has a lot of twist and turns and a mysterious undertones. The male lead is amazing!

Eleventh on my list is Beauty Inside (Has English subs) Rating: 10/10
Opinion: It is amazing, the chemistry between the main lead is amazing, and at first they don’t get along but then they fall in love. The twist to this story is the man can not decipher faces, and her face changes every month into a new person, like for instance on is of a child (so she turns into a child) but still retains her memories etc! Worth the watch!

Twelfth on my list is Splash Splash Love (Has English subs) Rating: 8/10
Opinion: is pretty good, short, sweet and simple. She travels to the past so a normal drama on time travel!

Thirteenth on my list is Blood (Has English subs) Rating: 10/10
Opinion: It’s Just amazing, no words can describe it, it has thrilling concepts and a whole originality type thing, to me some parts like OK we seen this before over and over, but with most dramas it is bound to happen. Most korean dramas can seem to overlap (Most don’t but some do). It has vampires and the main lead is a vampire.

Fourteenth on my list is The Scholar Who Walks the Night (Has English subs) Rating: 10/10
Opinion: No words, just amazing. ACTING WISE is amazing, they picked the right people. About a vampire in historical era.

Fifteenth on my list is go princess go (has English subs) Rating: 10/10
Opinion: Amazing acting, a whole lot of humor and drama. It is about A modern playboy travels back in time 1,000 years and finds himself in the body of a royal princess. A straight man inside a woman’s body, he enjoys flirting with his husband’s concubines and touching their bodies with impunity. But after discovering his more feminine side, he truly falls in love with his husband there are actually alternate endings etc. Pretty good you should check it out!

Other honorable ones that are pretty good!
What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim (Has English sub) 10/10
Moonlight Drawn by Clouds (Has English sub) 10/10
Rooftop Prince (Has English sub) 10/10
Kangchi, the Beginning (Has English sub) 10/10
To the Beautiful You (Has English sub) 10/10
The King of Blaze (Has English sub) 10/10
The Great Doctor (has English sub) 10/10
my fox immortal wife (Has NO English sub) 8/10
The bride of habaek (Has English subs) 10/10
Lost love in time (Has English sub) 10/10
Emperors & Me (Has English sub) 10/10
The legends (Has English subs) 10/10

1 Like

How can you rate Eternal Love 2 when it wasn’t even aired yet?

https://mydramalist.com/26385-three-lives-three-worlds-the-pillow-book

1 Like

My bad I must be thinking of The eternal love and The eternal love two https://www.viki.com/tv/36217c-the-eternal-love-2?locale=en

Thank you for the suggestion - I have added it to my list. I’m currently watching Absolute Boyfriend also starring Yeo Jin Goo and 18 episodes in I like it so far and recommend it.
https://www.viki.com/tv/35861c-absolute-boyfriend

As I always write in these kinds of threads; Misty is by far the best drama I’ve seen here on Viki so far. Very good story, every episode was great and no fillers, no over-the-top acting and very sexy.
https://www.viki.com/tv/36426c-misty

1 Like

I see :slight_smile:

Thanks for your drama list though.

I might just check those out!! They seem really interesting!

1 Like

My Disciple Died Again seems fun, I’ll check it out. Thanks for the suggestions! I do like to explore dramas that aren’t mainstream or super hyped, but those have their place :slight_smile:

I actually want to watch this one, as well as The Crowned Clown. From the synopsis, Absolute Boyfriend sounds like Are You Human, Too?, about a human falling in love with a robot. I read good reviews about Yeo Jin Goo’s acting, so I’ll check it out when I’m in a rom-com mood :smiley:

Another drama that I have just finished was the journey of flower!! It was amazing!! :heart: (probably already watched it, but it is pretty good).

2 Likes

I suggest you watch PERFUME it’s so funny and different, for a change since lately there’s a repetition of romance dramas.

1 Like

24 hours are definitely too less for watching all the interesting dramas :eyes:

I have not seen Are you Human Too but yes, it’s about a lifelike robot Zero Nine who ended up with a woman who was suppose to just store the robot at her place but accidently activated it and drama ensuse. It’s the first time I see Yeo Jin Goo and I like him and think he’s doing a good job.

1 Like

If you want something funny watch HIStory 3: trapped and/or Legend of the Phoenix.

(They may get more serious but the beginning is quite light and entertaining)

healer has to be the first
signal
neighborhood hero
vampire prosecutor 1&2
ten 1&2
Hong gil dong
vampire detective
dr frost
marrage contract
hello
are you human too
rooftop prince
the queens man( I think thats right
tthe bride of habak
gu family book
faith(or the great doctor)
korean odesy
entertainer
killme heal me
blood
scholar that walks at night
night watchman
love from the stars
jekle hyde & me
thats love
scarlet heart

immortal classic
and so many more!

If you don’t need english sub there is a drama called
cupid-of-chou-dynasty a great drama!
I kind of hope someones English subs this
so people can see this drama without having to know Chinese
https://i.mydramalist.com/ww65nc.jpg
Through a strange combination of circumstances, a bony beauty inherits her father’s work in matchmaking and finds love.Yan Ruyu has always been different from the women of her time. She firmly believes that mutual attraction should be the cardinal rule of marriage. Due to her father leaving and in order to avoid Marquis Li Xiu’s pursuits, Yan Ruyu takes over her father’s work arranging marriages for other people. She aims to fulfill her father’s wishes to win the title of Golden Phoenix, the highest honor in the matchmaking world. Through the competition, Ruyu works hard and successfully brings together many beautiful and loving unions. However, Yan Ruyu meets her match in Shen Shu, a mouthy matchmaker who is overly proud yet kind underneath. They join hands in playing cupid, bringing down a conspiracy and overthrowing an archaic mentality.

There is also a drama Unique lady, It is new
and it came out during this year 2019! Sadly no English sub,
but hopefully someone sees it and subs for people!
https://i.mydramalist.com/40xvJc.jpg

Lin Luo Jing (Zheng Qiu Hong) accidentally gets drawn into a game world where she is the daughter of the prime minister and meets all kind of beautiful men with different personalities. Among them are a sword deity, an imperial bodyguard, a playful rich man and an arrogant prince. The system informs her that she can only return to the real world after she finds her true love. While there seems to be an abundance of good men around Luo Jing, there is one man she can’t stand at all: the prince of the barbarian Yuan Kingdom Zhong Wu Mei (Gong Jun). But out of all men, she ends up in an arranged marriage with Wu Mei.

Thus begins their love-hate relationship and her journey to find true love in order to win the game.

1 Like

Both sound interesting! Are there at least Chinese subs? I can understand a little Mandarin, but not enough to be fluent, I’m afraid.

I guess I should put my Fav dramas here too, even though I haven’t watched nearly as many as most of the Viki users have…

Favorite Korean dramas:

1. Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo
  2. Are You Human, Too?
  3. My Husband, Mr. Oh!
  4. Goblin: The Great and Lonely God
  5. Marriage Contract
  6. Familiar Wife aka Wife I Know
  7. My Girlfriend is a Gumiho
  8. Baker King Kim Tak Goo aka Bread, Love, and Dreams
  9. Rebel: Thief Who Stole the People
  10. My First First Love aka Because It’s My First Love
  11. That Winter, the Wind Blows
  12. Devilish Joy

Favorite Chinese Dramas:

1. Granting You a Dreamlike Life
  2. Ever Night
  3. Goodbye my Princess
  4. Eagles and Youngster
  5. Tribes and Empires: Storm of Prophecy

I also have a few favorite Korean movies, such as My Mighty Princess, A Werewolf Boy, and Temptation of Wolves

1 Like

Yeah! There is Chinese subs!

1 Like

I am a huge fan of Goblin and My girlfriend is a Gumiho!!

3 Likes

I really adored Tunnel, Gangnam beauty, Can you hear my heart, and Devilish joy.

For nostalgia purposes I also enjoyed Legend of the blue sea and City hunter

I like Well-intended Love (for genre romance/comedy). I rarely watch this genre, but this drama was entertaining. It has 1 season and a second will be aired in 2020 I guess.

1 Like