What do you think about the new channel page?

@gaby_heitmann_975 @sweethope

They are doing updates on the website this week: https://support.viki.com/hc/en-us/articles/360053906693-Scheduled-Maintenance-Sept-9-17-2020-

The day after tomorrow, it should be fine or you can pick an ep, pick your language, pick another language, pick back your language, refresh the page and pick ep from thumbnails in the video player, the language should be displayed correctly on all vids thumbnails of the website.

1 Like

Thanks! I’ve tried it, and this worked for me.

Thank you @piranna :blush:
I must also honestly say, I completely forgot about the updates :grin: or better says…
:face_with_monocle:Those who can read, have a clear advantage
:nerd_face: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

@jeslynl
Just encounter this problem at this channel
https://www.viki.com/tv/36044c-the-love-knot-his-excellencys-first-love

First it appears to be normal
Screenshot%20(633)

and while scrolling down 1-2 cm this happens
you just can’t read the synopsis
Screenshot%20(632)

That’s a first and until now, I didn’t see another channel having this issue.

It’s working okay for m.
“The Love Knot” expands to reveal remainder of synopsis when I click 'Read More".
Windows 8.1, Google Chrome, using laptop computer.

I’d like to add here that for shows which have really long cover pages and I scroll down them till the last spot, it takes time to go up again. If something could be done for the bar which has about, team and reviews could float over the screen even when going down could be a lot easier.

2 Likes

Now the page shows also the team and the number of their contribution for segmenter and subtitler.

The history list is gone and the watch list continue is a complete disaster. I have to use pen and paper to track. It nearly ALWAYS sends me to the wrong episode. I watch VIKI a lot. I watch multiple shows and rewatch shows often. The tracking is just terrible. I am a seasoned software developer and I have never seen a more incompetent reworking of an interface. You need a new development team and at a minimum someone else making the decisions here. Just awful. I know how easy it would be to let people see the actual list of things they watch. I did that for a living for over a decade. Please fix this mess.

2 Likes

@jeslynl after a month the problem is still there

Laptop, Win10, Firefox 81.0.2 64bit … update for Firefox running so there will be the next version soon.

Why did you address this to @piranna? She is not working for Viki either. Please contact Viki via Help Center or write a request, request might take a little longer as some other people here mentioned. So maybe try it here:

https://support.viki.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

Take care!

P.S. Be aware that on weekends Viki doesn’t reply now, since the office is closed on Saturday and Sunday.

If you have some free time or during weekends or evenings or holidays, maybe try to apply to Viki because your skills could help them!

I’m not an employee of Viki and I watch 1 or 2 a year on Viki :slight_smile:

On computer, you find your watch history and watch list all on the home page as soon as you log in. On the App you find it under “Me” as well as Viki’s opening home page. It takes almost half an hour to record your watch history so when you stop viewing, give Viki about half an hour before you log out of the website so it can have time to register up to where you watched. When I finish watching I don’t log out for this reason, but just close the website.

@jeslynl On computer I wish that Viki would still list on the cover page if the show is from Korea, Taiwan, etc. The App does, but not the computer. I can’t read things like 精英律师 or 가두리횟집 or 一炎一行 or ฉันชื่อบุษบา. I am certain that the majority of viewers cannot read or decipher which language this is or what country this means.