What dramas should really deserve a comeback with a new season?

Its your choice I can’t explain much. Its okay

3 Likes

I don’t know its a Movie or a drama but ‘Sweet Home’ is the one which definitely should have a new season… I have waited for this for almost a year now !!!

2 Likes

(Patience, Sweet Home was released for Christmas 2020.)

1 Like

https://www.soompi.com/article/1478391wpp/netflix-clarifies-reported-plans-for-sweet-home-season-2

There were reports a few weeks ago that a 2nd season will come out in 2022.

3 Likes

There should be Part 2 !!!

2 Likes

Thanks for the good news! In case you guys are not afraid of zombies, and liked ALL of Kingdom movies I suggest you start reading.

I finally saw the Kingdom 3? 4? I thought it was 4 but it turns out that Kingdom: Ashin of the North it’s really how the cursed flower start causing havoc in Korean world; so my understanding is that this ‘‘girl’’ started the zombie curse in that era. It’s awesome since my favorite actress is the FL/ Jun Ji-hyun. She’s perfect for the role, and it seems we have kingdom for a while to come since this one left many questions unanswered too.

2 Likes

I watched the Ashin episode last night. The cinematography and set were AMAZING as always. The zombies were also just as good as the ones in seasons 1 and 2.

I came into it thinking it will be 1.5 hrs of zombie action, but I’m glad they put in the political stuff. I’ve never seen a drama that focused on that part of Korea or the different tribes before.

I was quite shocked at the end when her family members were chained up as zombies. Apparently, these are the same people who were in the cages at the end of season 2. This would mean she used her own family members as test subjects.

Have you seen this:

I want this to happen, but it’ll probably mean an even longer delay to season 3. :cry:

2 Likes

I don’t think there will be a delay in filming Kingdom: The Crown… since filming is up in the mountains with little crowd of people. As you can see there was very limited amount of ppl in that drama.

She didn’t used them as test; she used them as weapons for her revenge.. She wants to end the life of every generation of every King, Prince from Joseon era that abused, destroyed and killed her family. It seems she’s planning to kill herself when she kills all the ppl part of her family’s masacre. I cried so much for the injustice they committed. Some scenes are so heartbreaking but so touching at the same time. I wished they had it here…:cry::cry::cry::cry:

NOT wasting my time making request since is a waste of time.

2 Likes

Back when I was watching a lot of anime on CrunchyRoll, I read somewhere that Korea as a culture is not that “into” science fiction or science fantasy. Maybe that plus the cost of licenses puts high-tech dramas at the bottom of the priority list.

1 Like

They are getting more modernized since they realized that staying stuck in times was not going to be profitable for them; at all. They have many science fiction/High tech movies and even dramas like: MY HOLO LOVE/SISYPHUS/SPACE SWEEPERS/ SEO BOK etc…

2 Likes

DEVIL JUDGE is quite nice too. Just a few episodes released, it has gripped me to wait for every damn episode !!

_

The bromance, romance is on top level. The manipulation is strong. There are strong female antagonists and femme fatales in the series.

_

3 Likes

I agree completely, but creating a sequel to match the suspense and power of the original would be a big challenge.

Yea that’s very true !!!

2 Likes

But they should get enough investments and public support too to make a new Season

2 Likes

This isn’t on VIKI is it? I’ve looked everywhere! I want to watch it so badly!

2 Likes

Devil Judge is definitely on Viki, as is Awaken with Namgoong Min. Both freaking amazing in terms of . . . everything. But I especially like how each one digs intensely into what is the meaning, purpose, and value of family, community, culture.

How are the things that sustain life and hope brought into being? How are they twisted? How much is beyond individual control, how much is within individual control?

What is true justice? What is fake? All sorts of amazing stuff.

The thing about Devil Judge that is very tricky in my mind is that it is a work of “speculative fiction.” It imagines a world not much different than our own, and assumes that certain aspects of current life not yet fully understood have certain consequences. However long it takes to get a second season up and running, current events over the next couple of years may make the first season look really out of date.

Awaken looks back to historical and cultural and scientific facts and symbols that are well known, at least in Korean culture. I cried so much from beginning to end of Awaken because it pushed so many “heart” buttons.

Devil Judge is something I am crazy about because it pushes so many “head” buttons. It forces me to think about how I as an individual human being contribute to or detract from the life of my community (and even of the world at large).

Plus each drama stars that newly discovered subspecies of Hottie, the Classic Hottie. Vroom, vroom, everybody!

From Wikipedia:

https://media.giphy.com/media/s2qXK8wAvkHTO/giphy.gif

(Giphy)

It’s my drama list, I had to watch it on another website.

1 Like

Yeah on Viki you must purchase Pass for watching

2 Likes

Blur it out or delete that, please. I don’t think you’re allowed to mention that site here on Viki… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Agreed! A second season based on Choi’s character with her in his body would be amazing!