What languages do you speak/are learning?

I see … yes i can also read these two characters + +(SHI) and one , two , three the numbers i know/… and few other words and characters

1 Like

Effectivement, c’est très impressionnant d’avoir réussi à comprendre une langue que tu ne connais pas et ne parlent pas ^^
Personnellement, j’ai juste une compréhension en anglais et c’est tout (j’ai fait un test d’anglais, ls mont d’y que j’était A0 :sueur_sourire: ) Depuis le jour ou j’ai commencer à apprendre le Japonais j’ai tout oublier de l’anglais ^^’

2 Likes

Wouldn’t you want to translate to Bengali then?

1 Like

You should try learning Korean. It might be easier to learn than Japanese at least for reading and writing since with Japanese you have to learn, hiragana, katakana and kanji whereas Korean alphabet is simple enough that some people can master in only few days.

3 Likes

Je suis d’accord avec toi que lire/écrire le Coréen est plus facile que pour le Japonais mais niveau prononciation le Japonais est plus facile que le Coréen ^^
Mais tu sais, hinagana, katakana et kanji, ne sont pas si compliqué que sa quand on le travail tout les jours ^^

Je pense que je vais apprendre le Coréen mais pas tout de suite aussi non je vais finir par m’embrouiller :rofl:

2 Likes

I agree that pronunciation is definitely easier for Japanese than Korean. Maybe I should go back to learning Japanese myself. And you are right about getting confused. During my first year in university, I took Japanese, French and Spanish classes and it did get quite confusing.:wink:

4 Likes

Reminds me of the time I had Swedish, Norwegian and Finnish classes. :rofl:
Ultimately it wasn’t that bad. I just sometimes automatically used Norwegian spelling during Swedish class (but noticed it and corrected it as soon as I saw it) and during that Finnish class that was scheduled right after a 3 hour Norwegian class no Finnish word would come to mind … :woozy_face:

3 Likes

Yep, I would go from my 9am Japanese class, to 10am French class to 11am Spanish class and towards the end of my Spanish class I was having plenty of what my friend calls “brain farts”.:rofl:

3 Likes

Vous avez appris trois langues en même temps \o/ au secours :joie:
Le japonais, je l’apprend toute seul avec différente méthode qui fonction plus tôt bien : application, radio/musique, émission TV, anime, drama et grâce a ma correspondante vivant au Japon. Pour le Chinois juste par application et drama.
je conseiller quelque application si ça intéresse ? ^^

1 Like

It’s true that the best way to learn any language is by finding any source that will keep you interested in learning. What you are doing right now is great. Also, if you are ready to try translating Japanese dramas, I know that @mirjam_465 can probably help you with it.

3 Likes

Vraiment ? Merci beaucoup pour l’information ^^

1 Like

I was born in the UK to Malaysian parents and grew up in Malaysia. I’m now living in the UK. My mother tongue is English but I also speak Mandarin, Cantonese and Malay. The little of Korean, Japanese and Thai that I know is what I’ve picked up from watching dramas plus learning from my Korean friends.

6 Likes
  • Caractère Japonais (pour apprendre les Kanji)
  • Drops (vous pouvez apprendre n’importe quelle langue)
  • HelloChinise (apprendre a faire des phrases, prononciation,…)
  • HeyJapan (prononciation)
  • Learn Japan
  • Guide de conversation abrégé
2 Likes

True. I can read Hangul and somewhat pronounce it correctly (patchim rules) even if I don’t know what it all means. I have hangul stickers on my keyboard so I can easily switch alphabets. I can type up hangul from photos of things that I can’t copy and paste. Sometimes I forget to switch back to the correct keyboard language and my English text ends up looking like this - 쏘ㅑ니ㅑㅜㄷ ㅑㄴ ㅁㅊ셔미ㅣㅛ 뚜히ㅑ노 잭ㅇㄴ ㅈ걋ㅅ두 ㅕ냐ㅜㅎ ㅗ무혀ㅣ ㅣㄷㅅㅅㄷㄱㄴ. :laughing: (This line is actually English words written using Hangul letters._)

그럼 난 죄송합니다 가서 다시 한국어로 전환 할 수 있습니다 :joy: - Then I go Oops and switch back to Korean. :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Like you, I can read Hangul since it’s phonetic but I have no idea what I’m reading :laughing: Some years ago, my Korean gave me a primary school book so that I could learn basic Korean by myself but self-motivation isn’t my strength :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

I am motivated to learn Korean so I don’t have to wait for subtitles. There are still a lot of shows that have whole sections lacking subtitles. Now I have a general idea of what they are saying, I just do not have the exact translations yet.

4 Likes

What if I told you there is a way to not have to wait for subtitles of Japanese, Chinese and Thai shows anymore either? :rofl: :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

uh… Let me nail down Korean first, eh? :smile:

2 Likes

Okay, and then you can move on to the next one! :rofl:

1 Like

What is one more language anyway. I’ll add them to my list of NON fluency language expertise!

3 Likes