What new dramas would you like to watch on Viki?

Hey drama lovers! We all know that sometimes (not that often) there
are really good Korean and (actually many) Japanese dramas that aren’t on Viki and we hate watching it elsewhere. So
are there any new (or even old) dramas, and movies, you’d like to
watch on Viki?? Please post below, I really want to make this discussion a
big help for ideas of what to add (or upload I guess) for all the Viki
hosts and supporters.

If this discussion gets popular enough, we might get lucky enough to see some of the new drama idea posts here, on Viki :slight_smile:

Who am I kidding get excited!

3 Likes

Drama #1:

Man from the Stars (별에서온남자)

Do Min-Joon (Kim Soo Hyun) is an alien who landed on Earth 400 years ago during the Joseon Dynasty period. He has a near perfect appearance and enhanced physical abilities, including his vision, hearing and speed. Do Min-Joon holds a cynical view about human beings, but he falls in love with actress Cheon Song-Yi (Jun Ji Hyun).

This drama should be quiet interesting, plus it’s got one of my most favorite actors :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Drama #2:

Suspicious Housemaid (수상한가정부)

A drama about a housekeeper Park Bok Nyeo (Choi Ji Woo), who gets hired to work for a family which has just lost its mother, leaving just the father and 4 children. But, she’s very strange. She is unsociable housekeeper who is perfect in what she does around the house but doesn’t smile or show her feelings due to her mysterious past. Bok Nyeo will help the family heal and rebuild their bonds.

Drama #3:

Inspiring Age (감격시대)

This drama will be based on a 1930’s background setting taken from Shanghai,China. The story is about love, friendship, patriotism and desire. In ‘Inspiring Age’, the male lead will be an outrageous and clumsy man but has an unconditional love for his country and family and was known to be the best fighter in the alleys of Shanghai.

Of course I’d want this to be on Viki, it has Kim Hyun Joong in it!!!

1 Like

Thanks for starting this thread ^_^. There are many Korean dramas that I’d like to watch on viki. Top of my head right now,are the following ;-

1. Will You Love and Give It Away - 사랑해서 남주나

Broadcast network : MBC
Broadcast date : 28/9/2013
Episodes : TBC
Time slot : Saturday and Sunday | 20:45 KST

Synopsis: A heartwarming family drama centering on a couple’s remarriage in the twilight years of their lives, forcing two families of grown adult children to become one big family. This drama will describe how those grown-up children will re-act and deal with this new situation and their eventual acceptance of each other as a new family. (Source : wikiaddicts)

Viki fan channel : http://www.viki.com/tv/21009c-will-you-love-and-give-it-away

1. Basketball 빠스껫볼

Broadcast network : tvN
Broadcast date : 21/10/2013
Episodes : 24
Time slot : Monday and Tuesday | 22:00 KST

Synopsis : A drama about the first Korean National Basketball team which entered the London Olympics in the year 1948. A man and his friends overcome the conflicts of ideas, the Japanese empiralism and independence with ‘basketball’. (Source: hancinema)

Note : Story is inspired by the Korean Basketball Team that participated in the 1948 London Olympics. That 1948 team is the first and last team to take part in Olympics under a unified Korea name. (Source : asianwiki.com).

1. Marry him if you dare 미래의 선택

Official stills in production

Broadcast network : KBS2
Broadcast date : 14/10/2013
Time slot : Monday and Tuesday | 22:00 KST

Synopsis : 32 years old for woman is an age which may be little too late to start something new or little too early to give up something. The ‘future-self’ comes to ‘me’ today and gives advices about life and marriage. The future-self is trying to bring better life by helping her to meet a perfect spouse.–KBS World (Source: wiki.d-addicts)

Viki fan channel: http://www.viki.com/tv/20713c-marry-him-if-you-dare

4. Answer Me 1994 / Reply 1994 응답하라 / Answer Me 1997 Season 2" (응답하라 1997 시즌2 )

Broadcast network : tvN
Broadcast date : 18/10/2013
Time slot : Friday and Saturday | 21:00 KST

Synopsis : A drama that revolves around social issues and basketball as well as the leading idols of the time in 1994. (Source : hancinema)

2 Likes

This one might take a while since Age of feeling loses timeslot to Pretty Man.
“The production is running into scheduling difficulties with its overseas shoots and had to request a delay, according to KBS. (The drama is set in the 1930s and will go from Korea to China to Japan, requiring lots of filming abroad.)”

Since Pretty Man airs in November, Age of feeling might start in January 2014.

On another note…an old(er) drama I’d like to see on viki is 2010’s Life is Beautiful

2 Likes

That was a lovely show. A household with 3 different generations living together in Jeju island. It had gorgeous scenes of the island.

1 Like

The Woman Who Still Wants To Marry, because of Kim Bum!

1 Like

Basketball.

1 Like

I want to watch Unemployed romance because of Nam Goong Min!

1 Like

I’d life to see Life is Beautiful, also.

1 Like

First of all, ur welcome Pelicancharm, and second of all I’d like to thank all u guys for sharing and everyone who’s going to in the future :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to “Basketball” and “Marry Him If You Dare” too.
But i didn’t know there was a season 2 of “Answer Me 1997” coming out, either way I’d like to see it, since I loved the first one!

Drama #4:

Her Legend (그녀의 신화)

A drama about two women with switched fates and a man who has everything finding the truth and preciousness of life. It will follow the love and success story of Eun Jung Soo who works her way up in luxury handbag industry, Eun Kyung Hee who has to hide her true identity for her dreams, and Do Jin Hoo who is a smart and handsome heir of the greatest fashion group.

This drama is something I’ve been watching on Dramafever, but i really, really want to watch it on Viki.

1 Like

I really want to watch that too!!!

It seems a lot like “I Need Romance”, but if it has Kim Bum in it, I think it might be better!

Movie:

Secretly Greatly (은밀하게 위대하게)

Won Ryu-Hwan (Kim Soo-Hyun) trained in the North Korean Special Forces. He can speak five languages and is also a lethal killing machine. Two years ago, he received orders to deploy to South Korea as a spy.
While wondering in a poor neighborhood in Seoul, Won Ryu-Hwan passed out and was awakened by a worried old mother. The woman then allowed him to live in a small apartment above her modest convenient store and let him work in her store. His identity in South Korea is now Bang Dong-Gu and he has taken up the persona of a goofy, mentally challenged young man. Since that time, Bang Dong-Gu has gotten to know everybody in the neighborhood and has become attached to the woman who treats him like her second son.
One evening, Bang Dong-Gu receives a visitor in his small apartment. His visitor is Lee Hae-Rang (Park Ki-Woong), who trained in the same North Korean Special Forces Unit. Lee Hae-Rang has also received orders from North Korea to work covertly as a spy in South Korea. His persona is that of a young wannabe rock star. Lee Hae-Rang finds it difficult, because he never played the guitar before. Shortly later, Ri Hae-Jin (Lee Hyun-Woo), also a member of their special forces team in North Korea, arrives in the same neighborhood. While the three young men live unnoticed among their neighbors, they await orders from North Korea and their order finally arrives.

One reason I want this on Viki: it is an AMAZING movie, like if u’ve seen it and agree with me!

Quiero esa… :slight_smile: pliss

2 Likes

New dramas !!! No old dramas.

Why no old dramas??

There’s going to be a Doctor-X part 2!!!
Who else can’t wait? :slight_smile:

2 Likes