What new dramas would you like to watch on Viki?

Drama #5 a):

Switch Girl!! (スイッチガール!!)

(Japanese) Based on a manga with the same name created by Aida Natsumi, ‘Switch Girl!!’ revolves around a high school student named Tamiya Nika (Nishiuchi Mariya) who appears to be a stylish and fashionable girl at school, but that’s really a fake persona that she uses when she’s in public. At home, she “switches off” the facade and returns to her true disheveled nature. In this story, Niki’s love interest is Arata (Kiriyama Renn), who is the good-looking transfer student.

4 Likes

Drama 5 b):

Switch Girl!! 2 (スイッチガール!!2)

(Japanese) Nika and Arata are finally together, and with their looks and lovely atmosphere they are the best couple in school. Season 2 will show how they further develop understanding of each other, and maybe even move their relationship to the next level. With more adventures to come with their friends, how long can Nika keep her “switch off” self a secret? The drama gets more and more serious into plot of the lives of their friends, as Nika and Arata help them with their problems.

3 Likes

really?!! I would like to see Doctor X here on Viki.

1 Like

Aging Family/ Boomerang Family

Three adult siblings, all with different personalities, begin to live together in their mother’s home. The middle sibling, 48-year-old In-Mo, is a movie director. His first film turned into a box-office disaster. Since then, he has decided to move back in with his mother. Oldest sibling is Han-Mo. Han-Mo is generally regarded as a pain in the neck type of person who has lived with his mother all of his life. Han-Mo doesn’t work. Then, youngest sibling Mi-Yeon moves back into their mother’s home. Mi-Yeon has a strong personality and will soon enter into her third marriage. Meanwhile, Mi-Yeon’s daughter Min-Kyung is about to enter adolescence.

3 Likes

Asakiyumemishi

In February, 1681, a large fire takes place at Hongo Maruyama. The fire spreads to Komagome. Due to the fire, Yoaya (a vegetable store) is burned down. Kihee is the owner of vegetable store Yaoya and he sends his only daughter Oshichi to stay at the Daijo-ji Temple until their store and home are rebuilt. At the temple, there are many children who have lost their homes and have no relatives to take care of them. Oshichi stays with these children. Oshichi then sees Kichisa, who works at the temple. Oshichi falls in love with him. Soon, her father’s store and home is rebuilt and she must return home. Her father likes Tedai, who works in their store. Tedai is a hard working man. Her father has ideas that Oshichi will marry Tedai, but Oshichi is in love with Kichisa.

1 Like

Hanzawa Naoki

Naoki Hanzawa works as a loan manager at the Osaka Nishi branch of Tokyo Central Bank. One day, Naoki makes a loan contract for 500 million yen with Nishi Osaka Steel Company. Naoki didn’t want to approve the loan, but he had to due to the branch manager’s order. Nishi Osaka Steel Company seems financially stable, but the company actually hides massive amounts of debt through fraudulent accounts. The company is caught. Three months later, Nishi Osaka Steel Company goes bankrupt. The bank’s branch manager is Asano. He is an ambitious man and tries to shift the blame to Naoki. Naoki then attends an inquiry about the loan failure at the bank’s headquarters in Tokyo. Naoki denies fault and promises to retrieve the 500 million yen loan. He did this because it’s the only way for Naoki to survive as a banker.

1 Like

Ooku: Arikoto Iemitsu Hen

In the Edo era during the reign of the third shogun, a mysterious smallpox epidemic affects males only, causing the number of males to plummet to one-fourth of the population. The roles of males and females are reversed. Women run businesses and politics. A young girl takes the seat as the heir of the shogunate and becomes first female shogun. She is Tokugawa Iemitsu (Tabe Mikako). When Iemitsu turns 16, the pure-hearted Madenokoji Arikoto (Sakai Masato), who heads a temple, is threatened and forced to return to secular life. Together with his disciple Gyokuei (Tanaka Koki), he becomes one of the 3,000 handsome concubines that wait on the shogun in the inner palace.

Not so new (2012), but would like to see this drama here.

1 Like

Priceless

Originally a mid-level manager with a promising future in a big corporation, the life of this elite employee changes dramatically one day. Having attracted the attention of his superiors for some reason, he is framed for a crime which he knows nothing of and forced out of the workplace. Even after that, he is assailed by a series of surprises and in one day, he loses his house, wealth and handphone until he is without a cent to his name. At his wits end, he comes to a park where he encounters two children. Learning from them how to survive even if he does not have money, he somehow weathers this crisis and discovers the truly important and priceless things in life.

1 Like

Because the topic is, What new drams would you like to watch on Viki?

Sorry :frowning: if that turned out to be a little confusing or misunderstanding (or whatever), at the beginning I did just want new dramas posted here but later I thought that it would be better if there’s both old and new, just for a mix to make it less boring I guess, and so that’s what’s written in the description/first post. :slight_smile:

Guys please don’t post about (too) old dramas, like from before 2011. Thank You :slight_smile:

But I guess its okay if the drama is really, really cool!

How come “Future’s Choice” is translated into English as “Marry him if you dare”? o.0 Did they just decide they wanted something completely different for English name?

1 Like

If you want to watch that, go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-hSdpGqO2o

1 Like

O,O They are the SAME DRAMAS???

(actually I already watched it!) :smiley:

Oh wait, they are… my bad :slight_smile:

Drama 6:

##Sirius (시리우스)##

A drama about an investigation of a drug case by policeman, Do Shin Woo (Suh Joon Young), who bring him meet his twin brother Do Eun Chang (also Suh Joon Young). It tells the story of the tense brain play between the two twin brothers whose fates changed in a day and the love and hatred between them which they have kept in their hearts for so long.
It’s a really short drama with only 4 episodes, but it sounds pretty interesting (and it has Suh Joon Young in it!!)

1 Like

Seriously? I love the main role! Smart, bold and fierce… I love Michiko-sensei…:D. Looking forward for “Doctor X part 2.”

1 Like

Sound good I watch to watch it

1 Like