What OST Do YOU OWN/Play Non-Stop/LOVE - Do Any Songs Bring You Back and Make You Cry? 😭

“Miniature Garden” by the late, great Kawamura Kaori always puts a lump in my throat, especially when I think about Kawamura-san’s awful - and ultimately doomed - battle against cancer before she passed away. But mostly because it brings back all of the memories and emotions of the drama it appeared in:

It was the 1998 Japanese drama “With Love” where I first heard it. The main character HaTa-san - played brilliantly by Takenouchi Yutaka - is a composer who had been in a rock band named “Ash,” and “Miniature Garden” was their biggest hit.

“With Love” is the first J-drama I ever saw and still a fave, even though the leading lady was horribly miscast and weak as HaTa’s anonymous love. The story is basically the same as the American movie “You’ve Got Mail” - two strangers connect anonymously via email and find that they’re soul-mates, but have no clue as to each other’s identity in real life.

The music in that drama is so powerful that it’s almost like a third lead character. Because the main character is a composer, there is a lot of music in it (and one of HaTa-san’s songs plays a key role in revealing identities.) The ancient-looking computers seriously date the drama, but it’s a great story regardless, even though it develops very slowly. Someone has posted a clip from it, here:

3 Likes

I’m in love, and it hurts to remember the last scenes of our baddie!
@my_happy_place @porkypine90_261 @kdrama2020ali

5 Likes

Same I die and can’t keep living over that scene how could she hurt my baby - he has a heart - he has a heart :sob:

3 Likes

Exactly!!! He was crying!!! :sob::sob::sob:
I can’t

2 Likes

I LOVE him - as much as I love HOTTIE - I have SEVERE 2nd Main LEAD SYNDROME!!!

2 Likes

yup!!! This is the SMLS itself, I love him!!!

2 Likes

Ok the KISS last night on Chicago Typewriter was :fire:
I am crazy in CRUSH with Yoo In Ah!!! His character is just!!! Wonderful!

3 Likes

uh Did you stay up past curfew again?

1 Like

Tenor

I MADE MUFFINS!!! I Wanted some :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

And here we ENDED our Watch Party so you could sleep! WE COULDA DONE ONE MORE EP! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :rofl:

3 Likes

“In the mornin’, I’m making WAFFLES!” - this is a quote that you hear often around my house. :rofl: (yet strangely enough we rarely actually make waffles, hehe)

3 Likes

I don’t even have a waffle iron but I DO have a taiyaki iron!

3 Likes

giphy

Don’t expect me to stay up tonight - I’m like a zombie today!

3 Likes

And who’s fault is that lil’ missy? :sunglasses: Are you going to make it tonight at 7PM ET?

3 Likes

Yes - I have a walk with a friend at 6 pm to 7 so I might be more like 7:15 or 7:30 but I’ll be there!!!

3 Likes

:star_struck: :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I loved this show even though it was soooo sad. Here is my absolute favorite OST from this show (there are so many goods ones):

3 Likes

I love this song!!!

2 Likes

‘Find Me in Your Memory’ had a really lovely complete OST

And especially this song:

1 Like

I LOVE Glass Bridge!

1 Like