What was you first project on viki?

Hello all!
Many of you are here for so many years and I am really curious to know whether you remember your first project you worked on as subber/moderator/channel manager and do you remember the date when you first wrote your subtitle or when you first cut a segment?
Please share them here!

I wrote my first subtitle on January 13 2021
As a subber my first project is playful kiss
As a moderator my first project is Luca the beginning

5 Likes

Maybe you would like to join this thread?

or this one?

4 Likes

Thanks but only few people replied to those threads.

1 Like

You could have revived one of them and invited other people to reply as well.
It makes me really sad when people duplicate the same subjects for no reason.

3 Likes

Actually mine is a bit different @irmar

It is about projects

3 Likes

I think that you like creating new threads.
Nothing wrong with that, of course. But I’m saying this must be the reason.

3 Likes

Sure then next time I will search and revive the threads.

My first project as a subber is DAYS :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:
It’s fun to work but sometimes it gets kinda tedious :sweat_smile:
It’s gonna end soon…:pensive:

2 Likes

@irmar
Since she already created the thread, providing her the link might be best. This way she might add it to her description, and then the two, or however many threads will be linked. Either way, your providing the link(s) already linked both topics.

3 Likes

@irmar is an inspiration for everyone.

2 Likes

@irmar, this is an honest question, not a criticism, or snarky comment. Why revive a topic that no one has replied to for 4 years instead of starting a new one? In some ways Viki encourages people to start new topics with their badges (Nice Topic, Good Topic, Great Topic.)

4 Likes

Why clutter Discussions with two different topics with the same content, where people will reply the same things? It’s redundant, it’s needless. What’s the point? Only to get a badge? That’s sort of cheating.
If I were moderator here, I would merge these two topics. And many others. To keep it neat, and similar content conveniently grouped together.

2 Likes

I understand what you’re saying but after a year or more, it’s so far down I don’t see how a new topic clutters the discussions. I’ve searched for topics before and found one that would fit my query, but seeing that no one had replied for years I was reticent to revive an old topic, and purposely didn’t start a new one in case someone called me out on it. So, I should revive those old topics when it’s something I want to post about?

4 Likes

Viki staff has repeatedly told us to search whether a topic already exists before making a new one. But it also makes sense, because valuable answers by many people are to be found on old topics. So, why not?

4 Likes

Well, at times Viki staff even links similar topic threads… I’ve seen it quite often… I think reviving old topics is okay, I get sometimes “likes” on old answers or posts…

2 Likes

Bumping this post.

2 Likes

It’s awfully quiet here… where is everyone :rofl:

My first project as a part of a team was SPY, a Korean Drama with Kim Jae Joong, the singer.
I did use before the suggest box that no longer exists and subbed some missing subs in a short historical drama I can’t remember… as there was no team…

3 Likes

@simi11

I LOVED that drama so much. I watched it back in 2015. I’m guessing they re-did the whole drama again. I don’t get it bc back then, the subtitles were very good. I don’t understand what’s going on in here. Why are they resubbing some of the dramas although there was nothing wrong with them before; Do you know?

I can’t re- watch SPY now is ‘‘out of my region.’’

Well, at times Viki staff even links similar topic threads… I’ve seen it quite often… I think reviving old topics is okay, I get sometimes “likes” on old answers or posts…

I really don’t like when they link old topics because the information might be outdated. RViki has changed so much and personnel, members and such has changed, the way teams work also has changed, so going back to an old post makes absolutely no sense to me.

2 Likes

I was never informed about any subtitling changes. (reg. SPY)… so that would leave me in the loop, perhaps the German mod isn’t active…

Unfortunately, nothing will remain the same, we are also aging, when I look in the mirror I see somehow someone else than I was used to see. - Evolution and progress is unstoppable check some futuristic YT videos how future may look like and it doesn’t look that farfetched.

We can’t expect that things stay at same level since there is a constant movement in the economy, demand and supply, population increase, trends, companies die and new ones grow. Think of how many small shops were taken over or closed, banks as well. For example one bank I am a customer of had about 6 hand changes :open_mouth:

Some changes might fare better than others… Economy seeks constant changes, also so they can show they are doing something, which might not always really be better in real.
Like politicians and govs must show that they are doing something… new laws, sometimes it’s to prove that they are doing something beneficial for you “the citizen” :joy: whether it is in the end so, often remains open.

3 Likes