When did u became a kdrama fan

i never watched kdramas but a friend of mine always recommended me to watch them in this year jan, she was very pushy for me to watch the show and she succeeded and i have been obsessed with kdrama ever since.

3 Likes

I watched my first Kdrama (School 2015) last year, a few months before the COVID and then with the pandemic and the lockdown I had plenty of time to watch a lot (really a lot) of Kdrama.

1 Like

I have quite the same story, my friends recommended me two years ago.

2 Likes

wow it’s a miracle you got into kdramas after THAT mess of a drama :joy: I absolutely despised that show because of the complete second lead syndrome I got :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I am agreed with the second lead syndrom. That drama and The Heirs are the most second lead syndrom I watch…
But i loved the twins story so…
Besides, after School 2021 I watched Empress Ki and my kdrama’s addiction began officialy !

1 Like

There’s already a thread about that.

And three others that are very similar:

1 Like

guess we have similar friends and interests in dramas then

how is school 2021?

all the dramas with second leads are so difficult to watch because on the hand the drama is so great its perfectly going but on the other our heart aches for when you see the second leads. then the directors are still not satisfied with the situation so they add more bonding scenes of the female lead and the male second lead

2 Likes

School 2015 was the only drama that gave me SLS. I usually never fall for the second leads. I find most second leads just boring characters with pretty faces. I just hope they meet someone nice. School 2015 was the worst because she spent most of her time with Sungjae, who knew all about her… and then suddenly she just falls for the main guy? I was so frustrated!

1 Like

I started watching Japanese TV when I was trying to learn Japanese. Then it turned out I didn’t need to learn the language but I was hooked on the dramas! I ran out of Japanese shows and started watching Taiwanese, Chinese, and Korean dramas… I think the first Korean drama I really, really loved was CLOY.

1 Like

I was sitting quietly minding my own business and living life without gorgeous Korean men in my life when my friend of many years txted me and told me to watch “Crash Landing on You” which I promptly replied - I don’t watch anything with subtitles. Well, July 4th 2020, I started it - and the rest was history. Guardian the Lonely and Great God and Gong Yoo sealed the deal! Now totally will never go back! I try to watch SO many at once trying to catch up with everyone and then they just make more!!!

cha%20eun%20woo%20bird
Me watching all these kdramas, tdramas, cdramas and jdramas pass me by as I’m trying to finish the 400… I started.

2 Likes

My journey started about 2 years ago. My hubby had moved across the state (I’m in the US) temporarily for a job, so I turned to NF to occupy my time without him. I actually started my addiction to foreign shows after coming across the large selection of Filipino options on NF. I burned my way through those, and by that time all of the recommendations that NF would give me were foreign, and I haven’t really watched American TV since then. I believe my first Kdrama there was Strong Woman Do Bong Soon, which is still one of my favorites to this day. But one day that show was no longer available on NF, and I freaked out and tried to track down where I could watch it. That is how I came to Viki. Two years later, I have watched an amount of K/C/J/T dramas that I should probably feel ashamed about, but I don’t. :blush:

3 Likes

my first Kdrama was also Strong Woman Do Bong Soon and it also is still one of my favorites to this day.

2 Likes

I just realize that I made a mistake I watched School 2015 :joy::joy::joy:
But I am really impatient for the next School that’s probabky why i confused them.

I am completly agreed with that but the main guy was “prettier” so…

1 Like

lmaoo one thing i know for sure that i will not watch school 2015 cause its really sad and plus the second lead syndrome

1 Like

the sadness IS the second lead syndrome :joy:

:joy::joy: I actually watched the whole drama for uri Joo Hyukkie and was rooting for him as much as I could because he WAS prettier… but then Sungjae was such a freaking SWEETHEART that I just couldn’t root for the ML anymore :sob::sob:

1 Like

Well it’s not really sad. Actually all the bulling part is sad but the story ins’t really sad because we have a happy ending (except for the second lead syndrom of course…)

School 2025 was my first drama with Nam Joo Huyk and I really didn’t like him. I thought he had no charisma. I started liking him in Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok-Joo :joy::joy:

1 Like