What was your first K-drama?

My daughter named our German Shepherd “Nami” short for Tsunami. Her AKC name is Tsunami Hime. My daughter is also fascinated with all things Japanese… My second son is still very much into Japanese everything… his room is completely decorated with Gundam. He spends $$$$ for all the kits and has them all throughout his room. He also goes with me to see One OK Rock (Japanese rock band) when they come on tour. My daughter is coming with me in March to see them when they come this time (since he can’t get off work).

So yeah, Asian culture has influenced my house immensely. I’m very lucky to have lived in Korea for 2 years (2010-2012) when we had the chance.

2 Likes

Our cats are Sagie-Osawa, Momo, Tsuki Heme, Mokona (Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE).

“Nami” sounds like the perfect name for a big dog.

When our daughter was in Japan she had to buy another suitcase to bring home her treasure trove. I was thrilled when she gave me a poster of my favorite Japanese singer, Daichi Miura.

Gundam models are amazing. My daughter saw a Gundam model in Japan that was taller than a telephone pole.

We don’t get a big variety of Asian musicians here in Arizona, but Eric Nam had a sold-out show in Phoenix in 2022. The last rock concert I went to was in 1969 when the Rolling Stones visited the Arizona Veteran’s Memorial Coliseum; I was in high school – oh, I’ve dated myself. :grin:

I’m sure living in Korea was a wonderful experience.

I wanted to visit Korea with my daughter when I was younger, but now my daughter, who is an artist, is more interested in visiting Rome more than anywhere else. She also has a friend in Italy who is a professional cosplayer, Leon Chiro. She did a lot of photo shoots for him and they also visited Houston where he was invited as a guest in a cosplay convention. We haven’t seen him since he was invited to the Phoenix Saboten Con, think it was 2018.

So many memories that I’ll never forget and to enjoy them with our daughter was a double blessing.

1 Like

My firs K-drama is named “surgeons

3 Likes

Surgeons starring Jing Dong, and a stellar cast, is a really good drama. I can remember story plots, just by the mention of the name.

1 Like