What was your first K-drama?

My first was Winter Sonata. I was JDrama fan and in Proposal Daisakusen there were many references to it, I got curious. After that I watched many before recent years, but can’t remember the titles other than Doctor Stranger, I hear your Voice, Love Rain and Descendants of the sun.

1 Like

I was looking for a movie to watch, and I found “Lie To Me” with Yoon Eun Hye and Sung Joon, it was very funny and interesting, but then it ended, and I did not know it was various chapters. I did get to finish it through, then began looking for more on Yoon Eun Hye, signed up and have really enjoyed these dramas going on 11 years now. Too bad they drop some of my favorites like the 4 seasons collection and many others, with no idea if they will ever be brought back.

2 Likes

My first Kdrama was You’re Beautiful

1 Like

Boys over flowers!! But before that i saw a short one called “Maboy”

1 Like

No sooner did I mention the "seasonal dramas “Summer Scent-Winter Sonata” were brought back. There are others I would like to see them bring back.

2 Likes

My first k-drama I think it was Uncontrollably found or Tempted :heart_eyes:

1 Like

YASHH me too

1 Like

Most people say Boys over Flowers, and my first k-drama was My Holo Love :joy:

1 Like

The first kdrama I watched is a very cliche one when somebody is getting introduce to this world, is Boys Over Flowers.

2 Likes

Mine was too Boys Over Flowers.

2 Likes

My journey into Asian dramas began with Japanese dramas (after being introduced to anime ~ “xxxHolic”, “Tsubasa”, etc. by my jr. high daughter), that led me to Korea dramas.
I don’t remember the first, but “Full House” (2004) was one of my first Korean dramas.
Recognize the cast?

2 Likes

Here’s one more coming soon.

1 Like

My first K-Drama was My Shy Boss. So I gave it a try and with my second K-Drama My Secret Romance you can call it a love forever.

2 Likes

That’s great. I’ve shared my favorites list with family and friends, but many had been discontinued, now I can tell them that they are bringing them back. Thank you.

1 Like

“Full House” is one of my favorites, I’m not ashamed to say that I’ve seen it quite a few times, and enjoy it everytime. It drew me to other dramas that these actors have been in.

4 Likes

You’re welcome. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m not quite sure but it’s between Winter Sonata and Stairway to Heaven, that was a very long time ago but back then, i thought all Asian dramas were very sad especially that they were also airing Oshin at that time, it sure didn’t help that when i watched My Lovely Sam Soon years later it was dubbed :rofl:

1 Like

My first was Empress Ki

2 Likes

THAT IS EXACTLY HOW I CAME INTO THIS WORLD OF KOREAN DRAMA… OR ASIAN DRAMA IN GENERAL. LOL!

My first drama was Full House then I saw Coffee Prince… and my world was then solidified. And because of Rain, I started my journey into Kpop…

But as you can see, my username is “kakashiandme” and I’m sure you know where that came from… the reason my world exists, Kakashi and the anime “Naruto.” Which was introduced to me by my two elementary school boys (who are now adults). Anime to Japanese dramas… and on the same streaming site they had other Asian dramas…

1 Like

Our daughter gave all our cats Japanese names. Japanese entertainment had a huge influence on our daughter and really helped her develop her artistic talents. She loved drawing lots of of her favorite characters. She took sewing classes in college to improve her skills in making cosplay costumes and props.
She was able to visit Japan in 2018.

2 Likes