What's your favorite Thai drama?

Hi Everyone!

I love thai drama too :slight_smile:

I’m having a problem.
Since today non QC like me can’t watch them on viki anymore.
Do you know why all the thai videos are blocked?

Thanks
Isilda

It might have something to do with whether or not there’s a license in your region. To be sure, you can always try to contact Viki and ask them.

2 Likes

Hi there! Yes @isiluvdrama, exactly what @alienluvah said. Sometimes the content we have isn’t available in certain regions due to licensing. To learn more about this, read here. If you have any other problems, please check out our Help Center, or submit a request here.

I love all Khun Chai Chutathep series ^o^/

2 Likes

is this drama a continuation of the Khun Chai Pawornruj?

@denisa_lapusan, There are 5 thai dramas.

Khun Chai Tarratorn
Khun Chai Pawonruj
Khun Chai Puttitpat
Khun Chai Rachannon
And the last one Khun Chai Ronnappe ^^

1 Like

CUBIC is really good. it seems like the budjet was really poor but strangely I was so hooked.

1 Like

@florence_monnier

LOL, I couldn’t watch it for so many reasons. i liked the leads in their Khun Chai lakorns, but here nothing hooked me on the story, and the last reason but not least reason to quit was the camera or directing or both.

For my favorite lakorns I will need my list, as I just can’t handle the Thai titles, shame on me.
Here we go:
as mentioned Full House, Khun Chai Series, …
and
Paen Rai Phai Rak, Hua Jai Ruea Puang, Hua Jai Chocolate
are a few of them.

I really like Prissana with Tik and Taya. If you guys like Pride and Prejudice, then you might like this. It’s set in the 1930’s and it goes at a slower pace. It could have been better and I wish some things were a little different but overall I really liked it and have watched it several times, lol.

There is not just one thai drama that I like, I have lots. But my favorite is Samee 2014 version, Raak Box, Sixth Sense I & II, Khun Chai Puttipat, and Cubic. It’s just a few of my favorites.

1 Like

I have watched Full House episode 1-8 and now I cant watch the rest of the episodes. Is there a good website??

thank you.
From the Gentlemen of Chutathep Series I’ve watched only the second drama, the story of Rasa and Pawornruj. I didn’t knew there are 5 dramas :smile: I’ll certainly watch them all.

1 Like

Hello, can you recommend me some Thai dramas (drama, romance) who are not so cheesy- superficial love dramas ?

I’ve started to watch Khun Chai Chutathep Series (first story , the second and I stopped) - enjoyable to watch but way too cheesy, I want something different, a more realistic drama.

@adelinna, Two Thai lakorns you might check out are “Anko Kon Ruk Strawberry” and “`Kon Ruk Luang Jai”. Let us know what you think!

1 Like

In some kind more realistic, I think you could like Paen Rai Phai Rak.

1 Like

Love to the extreme
cubic
the husband samee ^^

1 Like

“Kon Ruk Luang Jai” was the second Thai drama that I’ve watched. It was enjoyable to watch,
although sometimes unrealistic … but all Thai dramas that I’ve seen are like that, very light dramas :smile: On a scale from 1 to 5, I’ll give to “Kon Ruk Luang Jai” 4. It was good, but not excellent.

By the way, in Thailand the groom still pay a dowry to the bride’s family? In my country, dowry was a common practice in the past, but the girl was expected to provide a dowry, not the man. Dowry was a contribution which the woman bring to the marriage for setting up the home and establishing family unit and consisted in trousseau, household linen,pillows, carpets, hand-made textiles, itmes, lands, property, money. Today a girl is not expected to provide a dowry , but money and wedding presents are given to the couple by all the participants at their wedding (his and her family, relatives, friends etc.) to help them start on their new life.  In this drama, her family ask 10 million bath as dowry… which is 200,000 Euros. This is quite a lot, but I guess they are an exception because they are upper class.  Just for my curiosity, how much dowry Thai men are expected to pay for their brides?

Hi everyone! If you’re a fan of Mario Maurer, here’s your chance to show your support for him.

During the World Cup, we’ll be featuring celebrity brackets where you get to vote for the star you’d like to see move on to the next round. This week it’s Mario Maurer (from “The Dog” and “To Each a Flower” vs. Jasper Liu (from “Love Myself or You”).

To learn more and cast your vote for Mario, read here:
http://blog.viki.com/2014/06/worldcup2014-celebrity-bracket-week-2.html

And best drama ever Likit kammathep