When Goodness in Man gives us hope for a better world

Hope at the End of the Tunnel

6 Likes
1 Like

italy

1 Like

@leerla73 @adrianmorales @zyxw @aaazmm @jadecloud88 @choitrio
PRESIDENT BIDEN STANDS BY HIS DECISION AND I APPLAUD HIM. They are finally coming home alive not in a casket.

Summary

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-58238557

1 Like

From Those who gave it all and sacrificed their life for a better world.

He had been deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan seven times and earned two Bronze stars, four Good Conduct Medals and was posthumously awarded the Meritorious Service Medal and Army Commendation Medal for his work in central Africa, the Army Times reported. He was stationed at Fort Bragg. Thank you Warrant Officer Thomas for your sacrifice and service to your country, and to your family for what they will continue to endure. All gave some, but some gave all.

Retired Staff Sgt. Travis Mills, who was severely injured by an IED during his third tour in Afghanistan. / Credit: CBS News

We built and dug wells to provide fresh drinking water to the Afghan people.

We built schools so that more of the population had access to education, including women and children.

We provided modernized Western medicine and provided medical assistance in the region.

We built hospitals.

We also helped with the local economy and commerce by hiring Afghans to build infrastructure.

These are all tools that the population will hopefully still be able to use even after we leave.

We did good.

Could the pullout have been handled logistically better? Of course. We probably should have left Afghanistan a long time ago. But don’t let recent events erase all the positive that we did to make the country better. It wasn’t all in vain, and as hard as it might be, I hope there is some comfort in that.

Everybody has a story of suffering to tell; the saddest part when they think their pain is bigger, and not the same. Pain is pain, loss is loss, unless you have lost someone you care and love deeply, please, don’t tell that person: ‘‘I know the pain you are going through,’’ ‘‘I know your suffering’’ bc unless you had to wear those shoes yourself, you will never know the pain that had to be endured while being in those shoes.

2 Likes

REST IN PEACE. TWO SAD STORIES.
MAKE SURE MY KIDS GET VACCINATED. WHEN WAITING COST LIFE.

Summary

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/mom-died-covid-days-her-185417009.html

https://www.tiktok.com/@atasteofalex/video/6996807472371535109?is_copy_url=0&is_from_webapp=v1&sender_device=pc&sender_web_id=7006425211394475525

REST IN PEACE BOTH ANTI VAXX. THEY WERE ALREADY SICK> MARCH/31/2021

WHAT IS GOING ON? Is it coincidence? I just saw the news of a 24 year old father of a newborn baby that died, but before he died; he said not to believe the anti-vax ppl NOT to get vaccinated. He REGRETTED believing in those lies, and not getting vaccinated. IT’s so heartbreaking!!!

• OTHER NEWS
    Off-duty NYPD Officer Yvonne Wu, 31, cop shoots her ex-girlfriend and kills the ex’s new love interest: sources
Summary

An off-duty NYPD cop, enraged at finding her ex-girlfriend together with another woman, shot them both Wednesday — killing the new lover and wounding the estranged gal pal, police sources said.
The jealous officer’s ex-girlfriend, 23, was expected to survive a gunshot wound to her torso. The new lover, identified as Jamie Liang, 24, was shot numerous times and died, sources said

Officer Yvonne Wu, 31, who’s assigned to the 72nd Precinct in Brooklyn, opened fire on the couple in her ex’s home at 19th Ave. near 80th St. in Bensonhurst just after 5 p.m., hitting both in the chest, police sources said.

The five-year veteran cop, described by one friend of the ex-girlfriend as a “psychopath,” allegedly killed Li’s new love Jaime Liang, 24, in a fusillade of bullets.

REST IN PEACE BOTH

Summary

Kevin and Misty Mitchem, both in their 40s, refused the COVID-19 vaccine. Kevin’s mother said his last words to her were “Mom, I love you, and I wish that I’d got the shot.”

An unvaccinated couple refused the COVID-19 vaccine against their family’s urges. Both parents…
“They were going off what they’ve been hearing and reading on the internet,” a relative said about the couple who left behind four children 11 to 17 yrs. old.

California couple dies of covid, leaving five kids behind. Their newborn is three weeks old.

Julian Mark

September 13, 2021·4 min read

Summary

Davy Macias, 37, was intubated and dying of complications from covid-19 when doctors helped her give birth to her daughter. She would never see her baby.

Her husband, Daniel Macias, 39, would only get a brief glimpse of their child because he, too, was hospitalized after contracting the virus. According to Davy’s sister-in-law, Terri Serey, Daniel waited to name the baby girl because he believed he and his wife would walk out of the hospital alive to introduce the newborn to their four other children, the eldest age 7 and the youngest, 2.

But about a week after the baby was born, Davy died. Two weeks later, so did Daniel.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/california-couple-dies-covid-leaving-105447801.html

More sad news having a vaccine available, and dying bc they don’t want the vaccine and a chance to keep on living by protecting themselves against this virus just logical thinking!

Police in Spain search for isolation-skipping Dutch tourists

Spanish authorities are trying to locate a group of Dutch tourists who left a hotel where they were quarantined after testing positive for coronavirus

By ALBERTO ARCE Associated Press

November 19, 2021

Summary

MADRID – Authorities in southwestern Spain have issued an international health alert to locate a group of Dutch tourists who left a hotel where they were meant to isolate for 10 days after testing positive for coronavirus.

Spain, which has one of Europe’s highest vaccination rates, is readying more measures to deal with a recent uptick in new coronavirus infections just over one month away from a busy travel period for end-of-the-year family reunions.

Charo Espino, a spokeswoman for the health department in the Extremadura region, said Friday that seven of nine of the tourists from the Netherlands who had tested positive for COVID-19 had simply “disappeared.”

The central government’s representative in the region, Yolanda García Seco, told local media that police were searching for the tourists and that airports were also on full alert in case they try to leave the country.

The group was traveling through Extremadura on Tuesday when some of them felt sick and stopped in Navas del Madroño, a town halfway between the regional capital, Cáceres, and the border with Portugal, for a test that confirmed their contagion, local councilor Denis Talavera told Extremadura TV.

“The tourists were staying at a local hotel and they had to keep the quarantine mandated by health authorities, but they didn’t," Talavera told the regional public broadcaster. “We don’t know how or when they left," he added.

A slight increase in new coronavirus infections has brought Spain’s 14-day contagion rate over 100 new cases per 100,000 residents. Although that’s still a far cry from the sharp spikes recorded in other European countries, some regional governments have approved, or are mulling, the use of mandatory “vaccine passports" to enter indoor public spaces, restaurants or nightclubs.

After hard-hitting COVID-19 waves in 2020 and early 2021 that killed thousands and strained the country’s hospitals, Spain has fully vaccinated 89% of residents aged 12 or older

Netherlands rocked by second night of Covid riots

This story has been published on: 2021-11-21.
http://7thspace.com/headlines/1711916/rthk__netherlands_rocked_by_second_night_of_covid_riots.html Fresh rioting broke out late on Saturday over the Dutch government’s coronavirus measures, with rioters pelting police with stones and fireworks as protests turned violent for a second night in the Netherlands.

Officers in riot gear charged groups of demonstrators in The Hague, while a water cannon was used to put out a pile of blazing bicycles at a busy intersection. Five police officers were injured and at least seven people arrested.

Riots also erupted in the central “Bible Belt” town of Urk and cities in southern Limburg province, while angry fans disrupted two football matches being played behind closed doors because of coronavirus rules, Dutch media said.

The previous night an “orgy of violence” broke out in the port city of Rotterdam, during which three people were wounded when police opened fire and 51 suspects were arrested.

The Netherlands went back into Western Europe’s first partial lockdown of the winter last Saturday with at least three weeks of curbs, and is now planning to ban unvaccinated people from entering some venues, the so-called 2G option.

Peaceful protests involving thousands of people opposed to plans to limit unvaccinated people from access to certain venues took place in cities in the Netherlands earlier on Saturday, but the atmosphere changed late on Saturday.

“These people out here are protesting about 2G and the lockdown,” said Hague pizza shop owner Ferdi Yilmaz. “They are angry about it.”

Yilmaz said police had dragged several people out of his shop, smashed the glass in its front door and hit him on the hand “for no reason.”

Police arrested several people in the working class Schilderswijk neighbourhood of The Hague, with plainclothes officers at one point dragging a woman out of a car.

Instead of focusing on those 0,00003 % of people (I don’t know the exact number, but it’s still a very low number) who take part in riots or are causing problems, both in the Netherlands, but also in a lot of other countries, where life is being restricted again due to the rising Covid numbers, even though x% has been vaccinated already, let’s take a look at the title of this thread and take a moment to think about all the many good initiatives in those countries, like to organize things to help people in your neighborhood or your community when people have to stay at home during isolation, or for people further away where getting help is more difficult. And a thumbs up for all those people working in health care, in the fire department, in the police department, researchers and other professions that try to help make life better.

1 Like

@sweethope
I was trying to change the topic to NEWS AROUND THE WORLD and more, but can’t do it although I’m [regular] which should allow me to do so.

As you can see I hid the story for whomever wanted to read about it has the option to click on it, and read the article. The article was hidden and you click [summary] to read it, and is WHY you know what the article is about.

sweethopefurther away where getting help is more difficult. And a thumbs up for all those people working in health care, in the fire department, in the police department, researchers and other professions that try to help make life better.

@sweethope It’s ironic that you want to mention the fire department and police department, and these are the same people being attacked for trying to do their job, and my heart goes out to them for risking their life. SO to them I say THANK YOU for protecting the community by trying to keep order. STAY SAFE and GET HOME SAFETO YOUR FAMILY!

Do that for me and find that information you want to see here, and let’s have it posted here. I want to make this topic of news of things going around the world that are causing an impact in people around the world NEWS that we don’t see on regular TV in other countries (especially) regarding theCOVID 19 vaccine.

Thanks for your support. ,Thanks for your input, too!

A NEW VARIANT CAN RUIN OUR WAY TO NORMAL LIVING>

Tim Fitzsimons

Wed, December 1, 2021, 12:49 AM

Marcus Lamb, a co-founder and the CEO of the conservative Christian Daystar Television Network who vocally opposed Covid-19 vaccines, has died at 64, weeks after he contracted Covid-19, the network said.

“It’s with a heavy heart we announce that Marcus Lamb, president and founder of Daystar Television Network, went home to be with the Lord this morning," the network said a tweet Tuesday. “The family asks that their privacy be respected as they grieve this difficult loss. Please continue to lift them up in prayer.”

Lamb’s son, Jonathan Lamb, filled in for his father on a Nov. 23 Daystar broadcast and beseeched listeners to pray for his father’s recovery from Covid-19.

Speaking to viewers from Lamb’s hospital bedside via telephone, Lamb’s wife, Joni Lamb, said, "With this thing, it’s kind of like riding a roller coaster.

“It’s like, you’ll just be up and everything’s great, and then you have a little lull, and then you come down low and then you come back up, but from everybody that I talk to — I think that’s the pattern,” she said.

“We can really feel the prayers of the people,” she said, thanking viewers for their prayers.

“Pray specifically for his lungs to clear the Covid pneumonia and pray for his oxygen level to continue to be strong and to go up so that we can wean him off of oxygen and bring him home,” she said.